My Xbox 360 is BACK BABY..... and Better Then Ever!!!

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Edited By MachoFantastico

MY XBOX 360 IS BACK BABY... AND BETTER THEN EVER!!!

I come with joy and jolly news my dear readers, for I have bought my Xbox 360 back from Console Death in that I have fixed the Red Ring of Death. As some of you may know, my dear European Launch Xbox 360 suffered it's first Red Ring of Death just under a week ago and I was honestly quite down by the whole thing. Not just because it was the dreaded Red Ring of Death (or RROD) but also because it was an Xbox 360 console that as never caused me any problems until this past week. So I was determinded to get my baby back up and running and despite going through two different fixing methods which are avaliable out there on the web, the second fix was the perfect one and a method I highly recommend. This blog is being written pretty quickly so I apologise if it feels rushed.

THE FIX!

Ok, I won't be going through the whole fixing method here but I wanted to recommend some TOP guides on how to fix your Xbox 360 if your console is currently suffering from RROD. These guides must be read properly and taken with care, and despite not being hugely differcult I would recommend having some computer experience in this sort of area. But they are guides that have the best chance of working:

NOTE: PLEASE DON'T EVER USE THE TOWEL TRICK, IT IS DANGEROUS AND CAN ACTUALLY DO MORE DAMAGE TO YOUR SYSTEM THEN GOOD. 

Team HYBRID's Ultimate X-Clamp Fix
This is easily the best process and although it can be challenging in areas it is worth your time. It's called the Ultimate Fix for a reason in that it looks to fix many of the design flaws of the actual console upon release. This also means that it fixes the system so RROD such not appear in the future. It is not a guide for those nervous about messing with mechanics and if you count yourself as one of these individuals, then it would be wise to get a more experience person to fix it. Of course keep in mind that Microsoft will fix your system if it is still in warranty. This guide also requires you to purchase a few items but it is not expensive and damn cheaper then purchasing a new Xbox 360 that may eventually suffer from RROD anyway, 
Credits go to: Wilhelm, Humboldt111502 and M2X.

Heating With Isolation
This could also be seen as an wise method of fixing RROD, though it's actually easier then it seems if your are patient and cautious. It is basically used to resold the system, basically over time the solder can split and this is one of the main causes of the RROD, but I did this on both the front and back of the motherboard and I honestly believed it played a huge part in getting it working again. Please keep in mind it can be dangerous to the system so only do it as a last resort if your stuck in the mud. But as I said, it's not that hard if your patient and follow instructions properly.
Credit: Wilhelm.

This is simply a forum page at AVFORUMS offering the correct equipment required to fix the RROD. One of the biggest issues with fixing the error is down to using the right screws and washers so this information is KEY! Nick Pavey's post inparticularly offers some very useful advice on what the best methods are.
Credit:AVFORUMS

That's it really, follow wisely and you shall be back online in time. Please keep in mind that there are a lot of different methods out there and for me this was the only one that worked. I tried some odd forms to get rid of RROD but it was only the Ultimate X-Clamp fix that got rid of them and helped get my system working perfectly again. I shan't say it was a pleasure to fix as some areas drove me insane but with some patience my time (and blood) were rewarded with a working Xbox 360 that should be now ready to power up some Rock Band 2. Me need some Everlong! 

One final but important thing, I want to give a MASSIVE thank you to Nick Parvey on AVFORUMS who as been an absolute legend in helping me out personally with information, tips and general help in fixing my system. I went on AVFORUMS looking for help and I know I would be still working on the same old rubbish methods if it weren't for the help of Nick. So I really wish to thank him for the help, not sure if he reads GiantBomb but I don't care as I wanted to THANK HIM anyways!

You don't appriate a console until it dies on you! 

That's it for now really, I apologise for the post being a bit rushed and maybe I'll write up a better blog sometime in the coming days with the lessons I've learn't in fixing the Red Ring of Death. But for now I hope the information and links in this post will offer some help to those who need it right now. 
Joseph (TrueEnglishGent)
My Baby is Back!
My Baby is Back!

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

MY XBOX 360 IS BACK BABY... AND BETTER THEN EVER!!!

I come with joy and jolly news my dear readers, for I have bought my Xbox 360 back from Console Death in that I have fixed the Red Ring of Death. As some of you may know, my dear European Launch Xbox 360 suffered it's first Red Ring of Death just under a week ago and I was honestly quite down by the whole thing. Not just because it was the dreaded Red Ring of Death (or RROD) but also because it was an Xbox 360 console that as never caused me any problems until this past week. So I was determinded to get my baby back up and running and despite going through two different fixing methods which are avaliable out there on the web, the second fix was the perfect one and a method I highly recommend. This blog is being written pretty quickly so I apologise if it feels rushed.

THE FIX!

Ok, I won't be going through the whole fixing method here but I wanted to recommend some TOP guides on how to fix your Xbox 360 if your console is currently suffering from RROD. These guides must be read properly and taken with care, and despite not being hugely differcult I would recommend having some computer experience in this sort of area. But they are guides that have the best chance of working:

NOTE: PLEASE DON'T EVER USE THE TOWEL TRICK, IT IS DANGEROUS AND CAN ACTUALLY DO MORE DAMAGE TO YOUR SYSTEM THEN GOOD. 

Team HYBRID's Ultimate X-Clamp Fix
This is easily the best process and although it can be challenging in areas it is worth your time. It's called the Ultimate Fix for a reason in that it looks to fix many of the design flaws of the actual console upon release. This also means that it fixes the system so RROD such not appear in the future. It is not a guide for those nervous about messing with mechanics and if you count yourself as one of these individuals, then it would be wise to get a more experience person to fix it. Of course keep in mind that Microsoft will fix your system if it is still in warranty. This guide also requires you to purchase a few items but it is not expensive and damn cheaper then purchasing a new Xbox 360 that may eventually suffer from RROD anyway, 
Credits go to: Wilhelm, Humboldt111502 and M2X.

Heating With Isolation
This could also be seen as an wise method of fixing RROD, though it's actually easier then it seems if your are patient and cautious. It is basically used to resold the system, basically over time the solder can split and this is one of the main causes of the RROD, but I did this on both the front and back of the motherboard and I honestly believed it played a huge part in getting it working again. Please keep in mind it can be dangerous to the system so only do it as a last resort if your stuck in the mud. But as I said, it's not that hard if your patient and follow instructions properly.
Credit: Wilhelm.

This is simply a forum page at AVFORUMS offering the correct equipment required to fix the RROD. One of the biggest issues with fixing the error is down to using the right screws and washers so this information is KEY! Nick Pavey's post inparticularly offers some very useful advice on what the best methods are.
Credit:AVFORUMS

That's it really, follow wisely and you shall be back online in time. Please keep in mind that there are a lot of different methods out there and for me this was the only one that worked. I tried some odd forms to get rid of RROD but it was only the Ultimate X-Clamp fix that got rid of them and helped get my system working perfectly again. I shan't say it was a pleasure to fix as some areas drove me insane but with some patience my time (and blood) were rewarded with a working Xbox 360 that should be now ready to power up some Rock Band 2. Me need some Everlong! 

One final but important thing, I want to give a MASSIVE thank you to Nick Parvey on AVFORUMS who as been an absolute legend in helping me out personally with information, tips and general help in fixing my system. I went on AVFORUMS looking for help and I know I would be still working on the same old rubbish methods if it weren't for the help of Nick. So I really wish to thank him for the help, not sure if he reads GiantBomb but I don't care as I wanted to THANK HIM anyways!

You don't appriate a console until it dies on you! 

That's it for now really, I apologise for the post being a bit rushed and maybe I'll write up a better blog sometime in the coming days with the lessons I've learn't in fixing the Red Ring of Death. But for now I hope the information and links in this post will offer some help to those who need it right now. 
Joseph (TrueEnglishGent)
My Baby is Back!
My Baby is Back!

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By TheHBK

Thats cool.  Glad to hear you were able to fix it yourself.  MS just ended the warrantys for Launch consoles, so I assume yours was out of warranty not too long ago?  Man, I have had to send my xbox in 4 times already.  I would look to fix it myself and probably have to eventually since my warranty will run out soon.  It already did since I got mine 3 years ago last month but had one last fix a couple weeks before it ran out.  I sent it in hoping I would get HDMI back. Alas, no.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Cracking open the box can void the 3 year warranty. I'd rather just send it back for another one, like I've already done the past two times.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By crunchUK
Lind_L_Taylor said:
"Cracking open the box can void the 3 year warranty. I'd rather just send it back for another one, like I've already done the past two times."
yeah but he had a launch 360
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Inb4itbreaksagain

Just joshing, old chap! Jolly good show. Bully!