• 81 results
#1 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

So ever since I got a new PS3 for Christmas 2011, I've been steam rolling through games. I only played 4 games that came out this year but I've played a bunch of (kind of) older ones. I've also managed to platinum 7 of these games. I've beaten 22 games. I'm interested in knowing every game you're playing/you've beaten, so here's my list.

Games I beat:

Mass Effect 2 - I technically didn't beat this this year because I got it 2 days after Christmas and I beat in like 2 days but what the hell. I love this game but I also hate it because I need 1 trophy to platinum it and that's to beat it on insanity which will never happen. That shits hard-fucking-core.

Dante's Inferno - A decent game, that's about it. The combat was uninteresting and the story was lackluster but I somehow enjoyed it a bit. I got the platinum trophy because it was easy as pie.

Transformers: War for Cybertron - I think of this game the same way I think of Mirrors Edge. A great game that I'll always love but it's not without a bunch of flaws. I beat the Decepticon campaign with my cousins PS3 last October and the Autobot campaign this year.

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood - This is how DLC's should be. It was fun and even though weird, it was still great. But that's because I love anything inFAMOUS. No platinum trophy for this game but I did 100% it.

Fallout 3 DLC's - I beat all 5 of them. Besides Broken Steel, which was alright, all of them were pretty good.

Super Stardust HD - I had nothing to play so I booted this up and had a pretty good time with it. A gorgeous game indeed.

Battlefield 3 - The story had some cool parts but was mostly meh. The multiplayer is great but I haven't touched it in about 2 months.

Killzone 3 - A gorgeous game with tight controls, fun multiplayer and a not that enticing story. Also, Rico can go fuck himself. I got the platinum trophy which wasn't even hard. Sad.

inFAMOUS 2 - Storywise, the original was better. But the gameplay and powers was so much better and fun. Platinum trophy because I love anything inFAMOUS, as stated above.

Portal 2 - Easily the best game I've played this year. Platinum trophy

Grand Theft Auto IV DLC's - Both the DLC's were fantastic, especially The Ballad of Gay Tony. The best DLC's I've played.

Dead Space 2 - Do I need to say anything? I shrieked and was wowed by this game. The ending was epic and the last 20 seconds went from alost shitting my pants to laughter.

Jak & Daxter HD Collection - Got the platinum for the first Jak only, Jak 2 & 3 can suck it. Jak 2 was so damn frustrating, it's the most times I've ever died in any game ever.

Assassins Creed: Revelations - It was more Assassin's Creed which I dig but the story was flat. Characters came and went so besides Ezio and Altair, I could care less about everyone else. Multiplayer is great fun though. Got the platinum trophy

Battlefield 1943 - Can't really beat this game but whatever.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - This was decent game, that's about all I can say. Almost everything about it has something broken or is poorly executed. I will say that the Survivor multiplayer mode is really fun though.

Prototype - Obviously not a great game but it wasn't bad. I enjoyed it besides from the bland environments and crappy controls.

Prototype 2 - This, like many others say, is what the first game should've been. It's like the AC2 to AC1. The story isn't that great but still, everything about it was much better then the original.

Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception - Fantastic game, obviously. I was sad that the evil people didn't turn into freakish monsters though and the lack of an Elena/Drake kiss was also sucky. Played it through on hard for my first playthrough and it wasn't that difficult.

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions - Pretty good for a Spiderman game but nothing special. Spiderman needs to be Rocksteadied!

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - I had low expectations for this game and it's actually pretty damn good. Yeah it's rough around the edges but I had a great time with it. Hopefully a sequel is made and is expanded upon. I'm actually interested in the Warhammer lore now.

Just Cause 2 - I have a love/hate relationship with this game. At parts, I'm like "This is great!" and then the other times I'm like "FUCK YOU GAME! FUCK YOU!!!!" mostly because it's fun to play but it has it's flaws like low ammo counts and it's pretty hard. Also, some bugs that seem to have never been patched and a shitty autosave system.

Red Dead Redemption - I beat this a while back but I played it again because I wanted to 100% it and that's exactly what I did.

Still working on/haven't beat:

Skyrim - Didn't beat because I borrowed it and I only played 10 hours. I'll wait for the GOTY edition.

Sideway: New York - Got off PS+ and still playing.

Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone - Got off PS+ and still playing

Ninja Gaiden 3 - Still working on this piece of shit.

L.A. Noire - I need to buy this so I can finish it. So close!

LittleBigPlanet 2 - Need to finish this also. Snagged it off PS+ so I won't have to buy it now.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One - Still playing through this one. Snagged it off PS+ so I won't have to buy it now.

Games I need to start:

Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light

Choplifter HD

Virtua Fighter 5

Hard Corps: Uprising

Catherine

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Pac-Man: Championship Edition DX - Getting on PS+ today.

Renegade Ops - Getting on PS+ today.

Gotham City Impostors - Getting on PS+ today.

Never want to see again:

Lost Planet 2 - Played like 2 hours and gave up, it sucked ass juice

#2 Posted by believer258 (11634 posts) -

You want me to list every game I've played this year!?

...are you bloody nuts!?

#3 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@believer258 said:

...are you bloody nuts!?

Yes and yes. Do it or face a fist to the face!

#4 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

@believer258: I have an all powerful list.

1. Brütal Legend

This was a fantastic first game to beat this year, I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It was sat on my shelf for a year and I finally got round to it this year, I loved the RTS style missions and the soundtrack was great. Although I had a terrible time on the last mission in the game, it took me a day to beat it which ultimately made the end experience not as good. 4/5

2. Killzone 3

It was a fun game, it wasn't an amazing game and I didn't really touch the multiplayer, but it looks nice and plays nice. 4/5

3. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

This was a simple weekend game, very simple mechanics but don't let that make you think it's a bad thing, loved my time with it. 4/5

4. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

I had such a cool time with this collection. I am a huge MGS nerd and I have played MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 loads of times. So I finished MGS2 and MGS3 over the course of two weekends being reminded how awesome those games are. I had not played MGS Peace Walker before though, I was skeptical at first but ended up really enjoying my time with the game, it has a fantastic story and was the most I had been engaged with the gameplay from a MGS game before. 5/5

5. The Darkness II

I was surprised this was happening, I mean I personally enjoyed the first Darkness but I assumed nobody else did due to the lack of a sequel. But here we are 2012 and we have a Darkness game, I am happy to say I had a great time with it. It was kinda short and at times very hard, but it had a nice style and I enjoyed the gameplay and Mike Patton was back in action! 4/5

6. 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

YO FIFTY! 3/5

7. Journey

flOw was one of the first PSN games I got, I was one of the people that liked flOw. Then Flower came out and I really liked that too and knew I had found a company I could follow. Journey came out and man it blew me away, I was speechless during the end scene and I really felt then it was one of the best games I had ever played. 5/5

8. Mass Effect 3

I had the ending spoiled to me from my sister who beat it before me, but despite that I still was happy playing through the game and was happy with the ending. The game itself was also a blast and at times it gets very emotional. 5/5

9. Driver: San Francisco

It has a slow start but when it ramps up it ramps the fuck up, and how about that boss battle! 4/5

10. Darksiders

I've never been a huge fan of Zelda games, but Darksiders really does improve a lot of the little things that Zelda does poorly, got me excited for Darksiders 2. 4/5

11. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Not as good as the original and it felt like nothing really happened, I don't think the first one really needed a sequel. 2/5

12. Vanquish

Another weekend game, I did burn out on the game towards the end and I really thought they could have used a few new environments but all in all nice simple game. 3/5

13. Twisted Metal

I never played the original games but was glad I took the risk as I enjoyed myself with both the single player and multiplayer. 4/5

14. Grand Theft Auto IV

So I never beat this when it came out, I spent far to much time on the multuplayer and never got past the first two missions. The driving really put me off and I just never played it. I decided I should just play through it this year because I want to play the next on, so I buckled down and spent a good few weeks playing through it. I feel bad now that I never gave it a chance before, I had a good time. 4/5

15. Minecraft

I beat that fucking dragon! 5/5

16. Max Payne 3

Some people seem to not like this game, but screw them I really had a good time with this game. I hadn't even played any of the original games and I still loved this game. 5/5

17. Asura's Wrath

You should play this game! 5/5

18. Syndicate

Had a good time with it, liked the chip mechanics and the sound was great as were the visuals. Story didn't really grab me and I had no idea what was going on up until I met that girl at the end of the game. 4/5

19. Sorcery

A game that I really enjoyed and a game that I doubt anybody else will ever play, such a shame. 4/5

20. Prince of Persia

Totally not what I was expecting, despite a few frustrating parts was pleasantly surprised at the good mixture of combat, platforming and story. 4/5

21. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

I have done everything in this game, all trophies, so there I justify putting this on the list. I was very surprised at just how much I enjoyed this game, I'm also surprised at how much I like this to Mortal Kombat, it's just so much quicker its crazy. Oh and did I mention it's free? 5/5

22. Lollipop Chainsaw

Great art style, great soundtrack and has some outright insane parts, but the game was kind of boring to play and I really couldn't stand any of the characters aside from Nick, I also really didn't like any of the mini games. 2/5

23. Assassin's Creed

This was my first PS3 game, however I never got into it, only 5 years later do I find out how cool this game is. I was not really going to play this because everybody says its the worst one, but I really had a good time with it, the ending is also MGS2 style crazyness. 4/5

#5 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

What do you want me to do that?

#6 Edited by Yummylee (21250 posts) -

Games Beat

• Max Payne 3
  • Lollipop Chainsaw
  • God of War Collection (completed twice; hard mode and then very hard mode... let me tell you, very hard mode? It's pretty fucking hard!)
  • God of War Origins Collection (Even snagged the platinum for Ghost of Sparta)
  • Binary Domain
  • Silent Hill Downpour
  • Mass Effect 3 (twice)
  • Walking Dead Episode 1... counts?
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution
  • Gears of War 3
  • Yakuza Dead Souls
  • Operation Raccoon City
  • The Darkness II
  • Journey
  • Dragon's Dogma
  • Devil May Cry Collection
  • Dead to Rights: Retribution
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (OK, I didn't actually complete this, but I put around 60 or so hours into it so it was a significant time steal all the same)
  • Crash Bandicoot 2 (replayed for nostalgia's sake)
  • Lego Batman 2

Games still currently playing through

• Rage - Pretty meh. The world and the 'narrative' are all super weak, and the gunplay isn't nearly as engaging as I was expecting after both reading & listening to the carrying on by Brad. But yo, it sure does run pretty well on consoles!
  • Dragon's Dogma - Occasionally heading back in for an hour because... I don't even know anymore.
  • The Darkness 2 - Playing through again on the hardest difficulty. Brutally fun game, solid shooting, downright nasty darkness executions, highly engaging characters, great writing - overall a neat little gem.
  • Max Payne 3 - Also another I occasionally head back in, just to play around in the NYM and arcade modes. Very polarising game, but I'm more inclined to side with the 'love it' crowd if I had to choose. I didn't particularly care for the story nor the characters, besides Max, but the gunplay is so damn exhilarating if you can get past the learning curve.
  • Gears of War 3 - Still like to head back in with my little brother to play horde, arcade mode, or to engage in some competitive matches filled with bots. Fucking great game. I just wish I got into it last year, as it would have assuredly snagged a high spot on my top ten list. I'd still like to play some 5-player horde mode, like it was meant to be played, but I'm also still too cheap to shell out for some GOLD.
  • Walking Dead Episode 2 - Oh, wait, no I'm not because the fucking thing still isn't released over here...
#7 Edited by believer258 (11634 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@believer258 said:

...are you bloody nuts!?

Yes and yes. Do it or face a fist to the face!

All right, all right! No need to get so damn violent! But be aware that this list isn't going to be complete.

This year, I have beaten:

• Saints Row The Third
  • Fallout 3 (yes, I know, I spent three years running around everywhere, do you blame me?)
  • Just Cause 2
  • Darksiders
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Donkey Kong Country 2
  • Mega Man X

-------Both of those latter two were done via emulator for the first time in years.

This year, I have played

• Oblivion
  • Skyrim
  • KOTOR
  • Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex HR
  • Crysis
  • Crysis 2
  • Halo Wars
  • PGR4
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • Chrono Trigger
  • FFVI
  • FFVII
  • FFXII
  • Gears of War 3
  • Halo Reach
  • New Super Mario Bros.
  • Dragonball Z Budokai 3
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts 2
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Assassin's Creed 2
  • Burnout Revenge

...do you really want me to continue? This list is really long. I've picked up a lot of the older games in my collection this year.

#8 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

No shit!!

@Hizang: I thought Warhammer was pretty great also! It's not GOTY material but it definitely deserves a bit more attention. I had low expectations for it and I had a blast playing it.

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

I'll take the punch to the face option. I seriously can't even remember everything I've played this year. I know I'd leave some out.

#10 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

I'll take the punch to the face option. I seriously can't even remember everything I've played this year. I know I'd leave some out.

Well too bad! Name what you can remember, obviously Lollipop Chainsaw is one because that's all you talked about before it came out and your avatar.

@Yummylee: @Hizang: You 2 make me feel like I should post my opinions of the games I've played with your well thought out posts and stuff. Screw you guys!

#11 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@believer258: Just state the games that are this gen. I don't really care what N64/PS2/Xbox games people played.

#12 Edited by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@awesomeusername: *sigh* goddamit.

• Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  • SSX
  • Binary Domain
  • Street Fighter X Tekken
  • Dragon's Dogma
  • Lollipop Chainsaw
  • Spec Ops:The Line
  • DMC:HD Collection
  • Ninja Gaiden 3
  • Max Payne 3
  • Twisted Metal
  • Witcher 2 :Enhanced Edition
  • The Darkness 2
  • Super Monday Night Combat
#13 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

• Ninja Gaiden 3

Ew. This game sucks ass balls. I don't want to finish it but I will force myself too.

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@awesomeusername: Disagree. Its not nearly up to the standards of the original and has some technical issues ie....serious frame rate issues at parts but overall its a fairly decent game I think. I bought two copies actually. =\

#15 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@awesomeusername: Disagree. Its not nearly up to the standards of the original and has some technical issues ie....serious frame rate issues at parts but overall its a fairly decent game I think. I bought two copies actually. =\

This is my first and my last Ninja Gaiden game so I wouldn't know how the others are but I find the combat boring as hell. The story is boring me and the boss battles are like "Hey, a dinosaur." or "That bitch transformed into an imperfect god? Okay." Nothing about it interests me. I'm only playing it through because I need more trophies!

#16 Edited by Pr1mus (3810 posts) -

I'm gonna stick to games i've beaten only, makes the list manageable.

• Journey
  • Dear Esther
  • Max Payne
  • Max Payne 2
  • Max Payne 3
  • Mass Effect
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Diablo III
  • Space Marine
  • Alan Wake
  • Uncharted 3 maybe.
  • Half-Life 2
  • Half-Life 2 Episode 1
  • Half-Life 2 Episode 2
  • Torchlight
  • Saints Row The Third probably, if not late last year.
  • Civilization V (completed many games if that counts)
  • Maybe Dead Space 2. If not then late last year.
#17 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@awesomeusername: First off don't judge the series by this game. If you want the best the series has to offer go play Ninja Gaiden Black or Ninja Gaiden Sigma or Sigma + any one of the variations of the first game. Secondly, Ninja Gaiden has NEVER been about story. Its always been about combat first.

#18 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@Pr1mus said:

• Uncharted 3 maybe.

Maybe? You better finish it.

#19 Posted by Pr1mus (3810 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@Pr1mus said:

• Uncharted 3 maybe.

I beat it more than once, just not sure if this year or last year the last time.

#20 Posted by asian_pride (1654 posts) -

Games I've beaten:

• Saints Row The Third (holy shit, could've been my GOTY last year if I played it last year)
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2 (*sigh*)
  • Asura's Wrath (surprisingly fun, for a QTE-heavy game)
  • Radiant Historia
  • Bioshock 1 (finally got around to finishing it, awesome game)
  • Assassin's Creed II (played it first on the 360 when it came out, and then this year again on the PS3)
  • To The Moon
  • Resident Evil 5 (forced myself to finish this game. Finally did. Eh)
  • Final Fantasy IV (FFChronicles on the PS1)
  • Jak 1 & 2 on the Jak & Daxter Collection

Games I'm close to finishing/just started playing:

• Dragon Age: Origins
  • Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
  • Psychonauts
  • Odin Sphere
  • Jak 3 (Jak & Daxter Collection)
  • Max Payne 1
  • Katamari Damacy
  • Machinarium

I also still have like 15 other games I didn't mention, because I haven't opened them up yet. Usually during summertime, I whip up my backlog of old games and try to plow through them.

#21 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@awesomeusername: First off don't judge the series by this game. If you want the best the series has to offer go play Ninja Gaiden Black or Ninja Gaiden Sigma or Sigma + any one of the variations of the first game. Secondly, Ninja Gaiden has NEVER been about story. Its always been about combat first.

I understand that, but I was never interested in the series either way. I'm only playing this because my friend bought it and I like getting trophies. I've seen many people say the other games are 1,000 times better and I believe them, but I still have no interest. Also, so your telling me the combat is fun in the other games? Because this games combat bores me to tears. The steel-on-bone kills are the same 2 animations and it's the biggest button mash fest I've ever played. All the attacks look the same, it doesn't even look cool. Now that I know the story's are all sucky, I'll lower my expectations a lot to try and enjoy this game since it's using up my electricity.

#22 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@Pr1mus said:

@awesomeusername said:

@Pr1mus said:

• Uncharted 3 maybe.

I beat it more than once, just not sure if this year or last year the last time.

That makes sense.

@asian_pride said:

Games I've beaten

• Bioshock 1 (finally got around to finishing it, awesome game)

You JUST finished this? You make me angry.

Good thing you enjoyed it though. One of the best this gen imo.

#23 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@awesomeusername: The combat systems in all three games are different for each game actually. Again, combat in the first game is pretty much superior to anything else the series has to offer. Totally your call if you give a shit. Just saying there are differences.

#24 Posted by asian_pride (1654 posts) -

@awesomeusername: Well I did get to almost the halfway point a few years ago and stopped. I didn't have my own current-gen console during that time, so I didn't have as much time as I would've wanted to with it.

#25 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@awesomeusername: The combat systems in all three games are different for each game actually. Again, combat in the first game is pretty much superior to anything else the series has to offer. Totally your call if you give a shit. Just saying there are differences.

Huh, okay then. My friend thinks the story was awesome, but that's because he has bad taste and yes, I can say that, so if he ever decides to buy Sigma 1 & 2, I'll give them a try. I don't have any interest in buying the games myself though.

Now that I remember though, when I got my first PS3 back in 2008, I played the demo for Sigma 1 and I found it pretty cool. Never got it though because my mom was the one buying games and I was too wrapped up in all the other awesome games like Assassins Creed, Uncharted, CoD4, etc.

#26 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@asian_pride said:

@awesomeusername: Well I did get to almost the halfway point a few years ago and stopped. I didn't have my own current-gen console during that time, so I didn't have as much time as I would've wanted to with it.

Oh, makes sense then. I've been the same way with a bunch of games. Like in my OP, I got a PS3 this past Christmas after my 40 gig yellow lighted on me back in 2009 and my mom wouldn't pay 150 to fix it so I resorted to playing all the new games at my friends house and borrowing my cousins PS3 for a month or 2 every now and then.

#27 Posted by amp_1986 (70 posts) -

Mass Effect 3

Alan Wake

Super Mario Galaxy 2

GTA IV: went back for platinum

Call of Duty: Black Ops: got a few easy trophies

Jak & Dakter Collection: Platinumed the first, currently playing the second.

Pac Man Championship Edition DX

UFC Undisputed 3

Red Dead Redemption: went back for platinum

Sly Collection: Platinumed all three

Super Stardust HD

Closure

Streets of Rage 2

Shank 2

Saint's Row the Third

Sonic

Journey

Back to the Future Episode 1

God of War I & II: went back for platinums

Frogger Returns

Uncharted 1-3: replayed for platinums

Trine 2

Dead Space

Yakuza 3

Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, A Crack in Time & All 4 One

Borderlands

Just Cause 2

Virtua Fighter 5

The Walking Dead Episodes 1 & 2

#28 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@awesomeusername: The story in 3? Its pretty dumb but it has its fan service moments if you've been a long time fan of the series that make parts of it cool.

#29 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@awesomeusername: The story in 3? Its pretty dumb but it has its fan service moments if you've been a long time fan of the series that make parts of it cool.

Yes in 3. But he literally has bad taste when it comes to single player. How can one sit there and enjoy MW3 and NG3 singleplayer but not Uncharted or GTA? Some people make no sense. That's his first Ninja Gaiden game though, so he's not a fan of the series. He only bought the game because he wanted the (terribly made) collectors edition statue/toy/barbie doll of Ryu and that bad guy with their swords penetrating each other. Sounds wrong, but yeah, he'll buy any game that has a collectors edition now. ANY game.

#30 Posted by asian_pride (1654 posts) -

@awesomeusername: Yeah that was the case for me for a while. Top that with--at least in my situation--your best friend keeps saying "I forgot it", "I'm still playing it" (when clearly, he wasn't. He just forgot about it), or "I can't find it anywhere. It's sitting somewhere in my apartment but I can't see it" types of excuses. And it's not like I have a ton of money lying around in my house either, so yeah lol.

#31 Posted by Hamst3r (4451 posts) -

I haven't played much this year.

Q.U.B.E., Jamestown & Alan Wake.

That's it.

I've usually gone through a lot more games than that by now, but I've been pretty busy working on stuff.

#32 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@awesomeusername: Opinions is opinions man.

#33 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@asian_pride said:

@awesomeusername: Yeah that was the case for me for a while. Top that with--at least in my situation--your best friend keeps saying "I forgot it", "I'm still playing it" (when clearly, he wasn't. He just forgot about it), or "I can't find it anywhere. It's sitting somewhere in my apartment but I can't see it" types of excuses. And it's not like I have a ton of money lying around in my house either, so yeah lol.

One of my other friends was like that but I eventually played all his games. By the way, I'm stalking your lists.

#34 Edited by TwoLines (2788 posts) -

I've played... (Games I've finished in bold)

Right now:

Penny Arcade Ep. 3 (Playing right now, almost done!)

Deus Ex Human Rev (Just started)

Diablo 3 (Playing right now)

Jagged Alliance 2 (Playing right now)

Donzo:

Trials HD (not 100%, but got through the campaign)

Fez

Civ V (Can you finish Civ V?)

Rayman Origins

Doom 2 (+NRFTL, TNT) (Revisited)

Bejeweled 3

Fallout NV (Revisited)

Plants vs Zombies (phone)

Osmos (phone)

The Binding of Isaac

Alpha Protocol

Botanicula

Sword n' Sworcery

Skyrim (Just a lil' bit though)

Vanquish (Revisited)

Minecraft (Checking out the changes they've made to the game)

Mass Effect 3 (20 minutes, turned it off, never going back)

Super Mario World (Best in the series, suck it Ryan Davis)

Deadly Premonition (Yup...)

Lone Survivor

Hack, Slash, Loot

Legend of Grimrock

Earthbound (Just a lil' bit)

Syndicate (The first one)

And now, the PSP block:

Lumines

Tactics Ogre

P3P

Joanne D'Arc

FF Tactics

Will start when done with other games:

Warcraft 3 (Base+TFT)

Starcraft 2

Fallout Tactics

So yeah, almost never finish my games. Gotta start doing that.

#35 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@TwoLines: If your Mass Effect 3 is on a disc, you can so give it to me.

#36 Posted by TwoLines (2788 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@TwoLines: If your Mass Effect 3 is on a disc, you can so give it to me.

Believe me, I would! But it's tied to my brother's Origin account. He apparently dug it by the way.

#37 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@TwoLines: Aw man. I was hoping it was on PS3. :/ Even though I knew it'd be PC. >.<

#38 Posted by johncallahan (542 posts) -

I'm taking a page from Mr. Klepek and just keeping a list of all the games I finish this year. Copy Paste Go!

January

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
  • Driver: San Francisco
  • Where is My Heart
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Chrono Trigger DS
  • Mighty Switch Force
  • Punch Out

February

• Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!
  • Lumines: Electronic Symphony
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Halo Combat Evolved: Anniversary Edition
  • Rhythm Heaven Fever
  • The Darkness II

March

• Syndicate
  • Asura’s Wrath
  • Mass Effect 3
  • SSX
  • Journey
  • Street Fighter X Tekken (Cleared Arcade with All Characters)

April

• Shoot Many Robots
  • Binary Domain
  • The Walking Dead Episode 1

May

• Fez
  • The Witcher 2
  • Trials Evolution
  • Max Payne 3
  • Diablo III (Saw ending on one character)

June

• Streets of Rage II
  • Vanquish
  • Lollipop Chainsaw
  • Gravity Rush
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Ico
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (100%)
  • The Walking Dead Episode 2
#39 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@amp_1986 said:

GTA IV: went back for platinum

Call of Duty: Black Ops: got a few easy trophies

Jak & Dakter Collection: Platinumed the first, currently playing the second.

Red Dead Redemption: went back for platinum

Sly Collection: Platinumed all three

God of War I & II: went back for platinums

Uncharted 1-3: replayed for platinums

You must have like 30 platinums. GTA IV tough? You have some balls, that's a lot of work. I did the same with Black Op's this year and I platinumed the first Jak. I don't plan on getting the platinum for Jak 2 & 3 because I am not doing all those races/challenges and gun course stuff. All I need for the Red Dead platinum is the multiplayer trophies and I need to platinum Uncharted 3 sometime.

#40 Posted by TwoLines (2788 posts) -

@jonny126: Rhythm Heaven Fever! Oh man, right, forgot about Rythm Heaven Fever. Totally played that. Yay Wii!

#41 Posted by Addfwyn (1917 posts) -

Games I've Beat: Nothing

Games I'm Playing:

FFXIII-2 (English): I beat the Japanese one last year, playing through it again in English.

Diablo 3: I'll considering beating Diablo 3 when I beat Diablo on HC Hell, at least. Haven't quite got there yet.

I play games til I Platinum Trophy them (assuming it's a console game). Thus why my beat list is empty.

#42 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@Addfwyn said:

I play games til I Platinum Trophy them (assuming it's a console game). Thus why my beat list is empty.

So you only count a game as beaten when you have the platinum trophy?

#43 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Beaten:

• Mass Effect 1-3 (I played through 1 and 2 leading up to ME3. I beat the Arrival DLC literally 10 minutes before midnight on ME3's release)
  • Journey
  • Final Fantasy Tactics
  • Angry Birds Space
  • I don't finish that many games, but I guess I really haven't bought many this year, either.
#44 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Here are all the games I've "beaten" this year:

• NFL Blitz (I finished the main singleplayer game mode so that counts as beaten right?)
  • The Darkness 2 (got a Platinum trophy)
  • SSX (beat the main game mode)
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Journey
  • Mass Effect 3
  • All the Saints Row The Third DLC
  • Need for Speed: The Run
  • Max Payne 3

I'm still working on finishing Diablo 3. Haven't played (or beaten) a lot of games so far this year since nothing really good has come out.

#45 Posted by Grimace (376 posts) -

Beaten -

• Mass Effect 3
  • Simpsons Arcade
  • Journey
  • The Darkness 2
  • Diablo 3
  • The Walking Dead Episode 1
  • Uncharted Golden Abyss
  • Rayman Origins
  • Wipeout 2048
  • Puzzle Agent

Currently Playing -

• Gravity Rush
  • Max Payne 3
  • Disgea 3
  • FIFA 12
  • Virtua Fighter 5 FS

Played -

• Fez
  • Too Human
  • Alone in the Dark
  • Battlefield Bad Company
  • The Godfather II
  • The Pinball Arcade
  • Sword and Sworcery EP
  • Mass Effect Infiltrator
  • Super Stardust Delta
#46 Edited by DeF (4799 posts) -

Thankfully, backloggery made compiling this easy :D

Finished:

• - StreetPass Quest
  • - Super Mario 3D Land
  • - Saints Row: The Third
  • - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
  • - Contact
  • - StreetPass Quest (2nd playthrough to collect all hats)
  • - DJ Hero
  • - Alan Wake's American Nightmare
  • - Dear Esther
  • - Pullblox (Pushmo)
  • - Portal 2 (Co-Op)
  • - Journey
  • - Super Mario 3D Land (100%)
  • - Trine
  • - Metro 2033
  • - VVVVVV
  • - New Play Control: Pikmin
  • - Max Payne 3

Still playing:

• Spec Ops: The Line
  • Analogue: A Hate Story
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (93 hours in... I think I might finally be on my way to the end?)
  • Tribes: Ascend
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Mighty Switch Force
  • Diablo III
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Quest II
  • Radiant Historia
  • Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
#47 Edited by Hunter5024 (5542 posts) -

I keep track of which games I've beaten, that came out this year. I could never list everything I've played. Lemme take a look see... Currently the only games I have listed are Final Fantasy 13-2, Journey, and Soul Calibur 5... what the fuck have I been doing with my time?! This is what happens when I don't have gamefly to force my cheap self to wring every possible drop of value for my money! I play old games, like a crazy person! Next payday I need to buy fricken Lollipop Chainsaw, Asura's Wrath, Mass Effect 3, Kingdoms of Amalur, Xenoblade Chronicles, Quantum Conundrum etc... Otherwise at this rate my top 10 GOTY list will only have 6 entries, two of which I didn't even really like!

#48 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

No shit!!

Oops. I meant why. I was curious why you wanted to read a bunch of long list of what people have played.

#49 Posted by Addfwyn (1917 posts) -

@awesomeusername: Yup, assuming it's a game that can be beaten. Things like Starcraft 2 or Civ V not really withstanding.

#50 Posted by Deadmanforking (570 posts) -

Played:

• Saints Row
  • Saints Row 2
  • Saints Row The Third
  • Dead Island
  • Mass Effect 3
  • TES: Oblivion
  • Unchated: Drakes Deception
  • Borderlands
  • Darksiders
  • Diablo 3
  • Pokemon White
  • SSX
  • Dragons Dogma
  • GTAIV
  • The Walking Dead Ep1
  • Prototype 2

Still Playing:

• TES: Skyrim
  • Mass Effect
  • Assassin's Creed 2
  • Pokemon Black
  • Pokemon FireRed
  • Fallout: New Vegas

Games to replay or finally start playing:

• Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
  • Assassins Creed: Revelations
  • Civ V
  • Max Payne 3
  • Lollipop Chainsaw
  • Asura's Wrath

There is also a bunch of XBLA/PSN games that I've bought and still never played.