Name the first game you're getting next year and why.

• 66 results
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

For me it's RE7 the game is lookin aswome. I'm glad it went back to survival-horror.

I'm interested in seeing what unfolds during the game, and the bakers seem like interesting villains. I heard it was short, but I'm still gettin it. I'm going to be listening to the timmy turner song while playing just for the hell it.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Definitely Persona 5 in April. It hardly needs to be said for the RPG fans on this site.

Before that, maybe Nier Automata, especially after I played the demo yesterday. Definitely intrigued. The style, mood, and world appeals to me greatly.

porjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By porjos

Mass Effect Andromeda. I'm hoping for a slam bang new entry, so far they've set things open nicely for a new storyline (albeit the trailers a bit lackluster in my opinion).

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Persona 5 in April. It hardly needs to be said for the RPG fans on this site.

Before that, maybe Nier Automata, especially after I played the demo yesterday. Definitely intrigued. The style, mood, and world appeals to me greatly.

I have to look into the Nier Automata more. I wonder if it's an sequel to the first Nier game or a prequel.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Probably Yakuza 0

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_ray said:

Probably Yakuza 0

I forgot that was coming out, and Yakuza 6 the final game...I'll probably get both.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Dragon Quest VIII is getting re released on 3DS in January, so that. I've been interested in playing it for some time now.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not too much announced currently for 2017 holds much interest for me, and the few that do I'm convinced will be pushed back.

So probably Horizon in Feb then Persona 5 in April. After P5, there isn't a thing that's been shown in previous years slated that I'm looking forward to, so here is hoping for a year of pleasant surprises.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Mass Effect Andromeda is the only thing on my radar at the moment

Hitman Season 2?

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sungahymn

@falserelic: As far as I can tell, Automata shares elements and characters, and takes place in the same universe as Nier, but it is more like a spiritual successor. The director said the story is seperate from the rest of the series, but who really knows?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: As far as I can tell, Automata shares elements and characters, and takes place in the same universe as Nier, but it is more like a spiritual successor. The director said the story is seperate from the rest of the series, but who really knows?

I'll download the demo and check it out...it looks fun. Knowing it's being made by platinum games I'm sure it will be a blast.

slaughts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking at January the first one would probably be Urban Empire. The guys that made Tropico are doing it and it seems like it's a mix of Cities: Skylines, but with some deep political elements to it as well. However, if it looks like it's garbage, I'll wait for Sniper Elite 4 on Valentines Day. What's more romantic than shooting Hitler in the balls?

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nioh the demo was great, it looks to be an early GOTY contender for me.

Loading Video...

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

resident evil 7

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Horizon: Zero Dawn in February. Followed by Persona 5 and Mass Effect Andromeda whenever that comes out.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jay_ray said:

Probably Yakuza 0

I forgot that was coming out, and Yakuza 6 the final game...I'll probably get both.

I don't think Yakuza 6 is coming until 2018 but Yakuza Kiwami is coming in the summer I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea what games are coming out next year besides Persona 5 so... Persona 5 I guess lol.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Horizon, depending on reviews/quick looks.

Zelda if I decide to pass on Horizon.

Persona 5 if I pass on both.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By beforet

Persona 5 is what I will absolutely get.

But that isn't being released on Jan 1st, so I don't know what the actual first game will be.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably something on the Switch if I had to guess. Persona 5 is definitely on my radar early next year as well, and Re7 and Gravity Rush 2 are also probably on the buy list, provided they turn out well.

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By InstantRyan

Yakuza 0 is the earliest release I'm getting for sure. The only other thing in January I'm interested in is Gravity Rush 2. The demo left a positive impression but I haven't played the first one so I want to get to that before I get 2.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Much like this year, it'll be Yakuza 0.

wolfskind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horizon Zero Dawn. Why? Because it looks fantastic. Although I've not watched any trailer since E3 to avoid any kind of spoilers.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horizon most likely. But may cave in any random steam sale or Indy game that catches my interest. Right now my backlog is keeping me from the early access astroneer. But it does look darling

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FrodoBaggins

Salt and Sanctuary because it's on sale for 8 quid and I want to play it.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By glots

It was going to be Night In The Woods, but since that got delayed 'till early february or something...well, it still might be it, but I'll keep my eyes on RE7.

NITW I've been excited about for a long time, so that's my reasoning. For RE7? Well, I just want something new to play, so if that is any good...

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition. I'll be doing a complete PC rebuild in a few weeks/months. My last rebuild was done for Witcher 2 (which I only just beat this year) and now since I get performance issues out of most high end current games it's time to build a beast of a PC since I've been saving all my change for years. That's at least the first game I plan to get next year. Something might draw my attention and beat it to the punch through.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nioh or Horizon, whichever comes out first.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Resident Evil 7 but no way if I can only find it in retail or directly from Steam. The Australian dollar is getting worse against USD but I'm not getting paid any differently.

yabbering_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RE7 for PSVR, because I'm doubling down on my regret.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Going to wait and see what GB thinks for RE7. The demo pretty much sold me on it.

Takoyaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ni-Oh. Combining Dark Souls and Japanese mythology is a really cool idea and I had a ton of fun with the tests. An obvious purchase for me. After that probably the Switch.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably for honor and then persona 5, depending on how the beta goes.

Then again i may end up getting something off steam sale lol.

iikkapetteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to say really, I have a huge back catalog of games from 2016 to be played. The games that have "confirmed" release dates, it's a toss up between Ghost Recon Wildlands and Horizon Zero Dawn. I'll wait for reviews for Wildlands, if it sounds good I'll be buying that with a couple of my mates. Been waiting for a good proper co-op shooter for a long time. If it's not well received, I'll definitely be buying Horizon Zero Dawn.

Now if Mass Effect: Andromeda is going to be released around the same time, then I'll forget about Wildlands and Horizon and buy Andromeda :)

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#36 fisk0  Moderator

Man, I don't know. Persona 5 and Yooka-Laylee are both interesting, but both are months off. I have no idea of what's coming up in the first few months of 2017.

I'm still hoping that Aeon of Sands will be out soon, but they haven't given any expected release date since they passed the previous "Q1 2016" release window.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident Evil 7 and may be Gravity Rush 2 if the word on those two games are good. Otherwise, it will be Wildlands and Nier.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Gravity Rush 2. Unless they somehow royally fuck this up in ways I can't imagine, it'll most likely be my game of the year simply by virtue of possibly being a bigger, better Gravity Rush 1.

Avatar image for battlemcstruggle
BattleMcStruggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it will be Resident Evil 7 for me. I think they timed that pretty cleverly, we have quite the hole in january and winter always feels more atmospheric for horror-games, at least for me with the long nights and all. Also the demo and media-reactions seem to promise a good game departing from the gameplay of the last few entries, so there's at least a huge chunk of curiosity on my part.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iunno. Whatever catches my interest and has a big discount. There's nothing I'm super excited about, and I almost always wait anyway.

I'm a little surprised about all the attention RE7 is getting. That demo was one of the lamest things I've played in recent memory.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've gotten back into Final Fantasy XIV, so I'll probably buy the new Stormblood expansion when it comes out in June.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I have enough unfinished games to keep me busy for a while, but I probably won't be able to pass up Horizon in February and Mass Effect whenever that comes out. I might also pick up Wildlands if it reviews well.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Mass Effect.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

RE7 for sure, cuz horror.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really torn to be honest. A lot of that depends on if the Switch is good and available around launch.

Persona 5 will likely be the first game I buy, depending on when Hitman Season 2 comes out. Unless the Switch is good and has lets say Mass Effect or something. Then I'll buy that instead.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Horizon Zero Dawn is like a tentative "probably" followed by Nier Automata a month later which is more of a "definitely"

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am dying to play Gravity Rush 2. Everything about it looks like a great sequel and I really want to know what is happening in that world.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a pretty deep backlog thanks to Black Friday so I probably won't pick up much for a while.

That said if RE7 and Mass Effect have good reviews I'll get those. If Zelda ends up being a Switch launch title and I like what I hear on Jan 12, I will probably get that.

The one game I am getting for SURE in early 2017 is Persona 5

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo war 2 I'm pretty excited for.

Then I'm gonna get Dawn of War 3 next in the middle of the year.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

probably Tales of Berseria since it comes out in January, why? cuz I like Tales games.