Naming Ryan and Vinny's future premium content.

• 56 results
Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Masha2932

Recently two new pieces of premium content  have appeared, Jar time with Jeff and Breaking Brad. These two features are by Jeff and brad respectively. As I looked through their titles on the site's homepage I realized that the titles have an alliterative quality to them.  
                                                                                                                                 Jar time with Jeff  
                                                                                                                                              &
                                                                                                                                 Breaking Brad  

This got me thinking. If other members of the Whiskey Media staff were to get their own features what would they be called? Keep in mind they need to have an alliterative quality to them. If possible try and explain what you think the feature would be about. I'll start 

1. Ryan's Rant- A weekly segment where Ryan discusses what annoyed him that week. 

2. Vinny's Veil- A behind the scenes look at Vinny's job on the site. 

3.Pen Pals with Patrick- Patrick reads and replies to letters(not emails) from giant bomb fans.

So what can you guys come up with and do you think Ryan and Vinny should get their own premium content?

lotusamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lotusamurai

This man.... this man is a genius! But seriously though I would like the see Ryan's Rant, it's always fun to listen to people be angry about something.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlinkyTM

Ryan's rant sounds awesome.

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By NickLott

Pen Pals with Patrick sounds great but it should be snail mail only.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny's Vitriol -- Vinny harshly criticizes everything.

Ryan's recess -- Ryan plays on a jungle gym. (Not really...)

Ryan reloaded -- Ryan goes to shooting ranges and learns how to be a good, responsible marksman.

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By birchman

Rockin' with Ryan, where Ryan learns to play guitar on Rocksmith and then has a show on Vinny's Venue.

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By poisonmonkey

Violating Vinny - insert you own joke or description (I'm not going there....)

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By poisonmonkey

Vinny's Voice - Vinny has to sing every singstar song - drunk

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ajamafalous
@xobballox said:

Ryan's recess -- Ryan plays on a jungle gym. (Not really...)

Yes.
SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpaceRunaway

Vinny con Vino - Vinny cooks up his favorite dishes in a format similar to The French Chef

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King

Those are actually good ideas for video content, at least in theory. I'd like to see Drew Doin' It. I'll let you decide what "it" is.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vintage Vinny -- Vinny shows us and experiments with a bunch of vintage video game stuff -- sort of like the Joust videos he already did.

Gerstmann's Gats -- Same idea as Ryan reloaded.

Shoemaker Show -- Easy segment name for a solo venture by Brad.

Caravella Conundrum -- Vinny talks about puzzling questions in life... or something, I'm not sure

Five Days of Davis -- A special where Ryan talks about a dearly beloved and possibly obscure game of his once per day for one work week.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#15  Edited By Mento  Moderator

I figured this thread was about naming a premium content feature they'd both work together on. How about one where they attempt to speed run a game and call it Vin Ryan's Express?

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lockwoodx

Patrick's Points - Patrick tackles arcade games that were made before he was born in an attempt to figure out what the big deal about points was. Meanwhile we are still trying to figure out what Patrick is. A gamer? A journalist? A lamp post? You be the judge!

Ryan & Rorie - Rants, hand holding, posters, and puppies await you on this magical journey. These guys cover the adorable and whacky side of gaming such as Kirby and Kinect games. All the pink fluff and sparkle you can handle while two crusty dudes swear like sailors.

Dave the Demolition Man - Hardcore Dave takes your beloved PC games of yore and DEMOLISHES them with the worst mods he can find. No game is safe so don't get your panties in a bunch when you see deathmatches consisting of Leia slave girls wielding penis sabers.

Drew and Dumber - We determine who's worse at video games, Drew or some random Intern. Episodes always end with Drew giving the intern his rape face regardless if he won or lost.

Kessler's Korner - In soviet giantbomb, Kessler owns you! The world has gone crazy and in bizarro world fashion, somehow Matt Kessler is put in charge. Can he handle the pressure? Will the Whiskey Media studio survive? What exactly does his wallet contain if not soup? Tune in for the exciting answers!

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Stete

I approve of this and demand it to be law!

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By FengShuiGod

Rum Time with Ryan - Similar to Jar Time, except Ryan drinks more and more as time goes on.

Veeblefetzer with Vinny - Vinny teaches us about the technical side of video stuff.

Pachyderms with Patrick - Patrick talks about what he believes are the elephants in the room of the video game industry.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MikkaQ

Patrick's Pen Pals makes me wanna dig up the old handwritten letters thread Dave started years ago.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SlightConfuse

Partying with Patrick

WUTANG for Ryan

Vinny has load our last save and joust

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FengShuiGod

@slightconfuse said:

Parting with Patrick

I lol'ed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The Real with Ryan.

Sit down, and Ryan gives you the real.

slyely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By slyely

Real-time with Ryan = Ryan can express his unadulterated rants and ideas.

My Gamer (cousin) Vinny = Add a little Italian/New York flavor to w/e :)

Pew Pew Patrick = Where Patrick can take shots from a distance at video game news

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Masha2932
@Buzzkill said: 

Ryan & Rorie - Rants, hand holding, posters, and puppies await you on this magical journey. These guys cover the adorable and whacky side of gaming such as Kirby and Kinect games.

Dave the Demolition Man - Hardcore Dave takes your beloved PC games of yore and DEMOLISHES them with the worst mods he can find.

These sound Awesome. I especially love the Ryan and Rorie idea. I really hope the Giant Bomb crew farm this thread for ideas, many of them are great.
lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lockwoodx

@Masha2932: Thanks. Still expanding on the initial ideas but you got the picture.

Enjoy!

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By time allen

"3.Pen Pals with Patrick- Patrick reads and replies to letters(not emails) from giant bomb fans."

make it happen!

GideonAmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GideonAmos

Most Racist with Ryan Davis - Ryan takes a look at the most racist games in de video games history

Or

Camping with Caravellas - A live stream of Vinny and his Dad camping but also talking about video games and whatnot.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CaptainObvious

Vinneo games.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By I_smell

@Masha2932 said:

1. Ryan's Rant- A weekly segment where Ryan discusses what annoyed him that week.

The Bombcast?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ravenlight

Vinny Kills Himself By Licking AJoust Machine

Avatar image for deactivated-5c69b4d231869
deactivated-5c69b4d231869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't the 'Load our Last Save' (L.O.L.S) Vinny's premium content? And 'Random P.C. Game' Dave's? We've gotten a few of each and I've thoroughly enjoyed those. Also, I think the Endurance run is what Patrick and Ryan's premium content will be for a long while. That being said, 'Vinny, Vidi, Vici' would be neat rename for L.O.L.S.

So with Drew left, how about:

Drew Does Danger: Drew will do a hardcore run of a game

Dapper Drew: Drew Quick Looks fashion games

Drew's Double Dip

Scanlon's Secrets: Drew shows us some neat Easter Eggs

Also, once they finish the Endurance Run, in lieu of a "Ryan Rant" I suggest a "Rappin' With Ryan" where Ryan sits backwards on a chair and delivers some real talk (or straight talk, if you prefer) about video games.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whistlebottom: Endurance Run is for everyone, it won't be premium content. (Not saying they need to do premium content too, that would be pretty time consuming)

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Getz

Patronizing Patrick: a behind the scenes look at the staff picking on Patrick's weight and age.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Masha2932
@Getz said:

Patronizing Patrick: a behind the scenes look at the staff picking on Patrick's weight and age.

and his weird Guitar Hero video as well. 
Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Harkat

Planet Jeff - Documentary series about Jeff exploring ManiaLand's economic recession and reasons for the low value of its currency, planets. Features interviews with poor ManiaLand citizens who are suffering from the recession, shots of Jeff sighing and shaking his head, and investigations of Ubisoft employees who get massive bonuses for irresponsibly giving out millions of Planets in loans that will never be paid.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lockwoodx

@Masha2932: You know what? Despite this thread being full of awesome and great ideas I can't help but chuckle to myself about how it could also be a disaster.

Jar Time with Jeff, Breaking Brad, and the other ideas.... they are all starting to remind me of how bad the WWF was in the early to mid 90s where every wrestler had to have a gimmick. Does the Giantbomb crew need their own gimmicks as well??

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Buzzkill said:

Does the Giantbomb crew need their own gimmicks as well??

Hmm...

Yes.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Masha2932
@Buzzkill said:

@Masha2932: You know what? Despite this thread being full of awesome and great ideas I can't help but chuckle to myself about how it could also be a disaster.

Jar Time with Jeff, Breaking Brad, and the other ideas.... they are all starting to remind me of how bad the WWF was in the early to mid 90s where every wrestler had to have a gimmick. Does the Giantbomb crew need their own gimmicks as well??

Maybe not but wrestling was fun in the 90s and any comparison to that time period is fine in my books.
BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BisonHero

I suggest "Going to the Kitchen Area, with Vinny Caravella".

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By imsh_pl

Vinny's Velociraptor - Vinny would introduce his pet velociraptor and teach people how to raise one in the comfort of their homes

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lockwoodx

@Masha2932 said:

@Buzzkill said:

Maybe not but wrestling was fun in the 90s and any comparison to that time period is fine in my books.

I was talking more about the "In your House" 90s, not the "Raw is War" 90s but it's cool.

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bratcher_Lev

Caravella Cooking (or Chef Caravella)- Vinny stated on a bombcast that he wanted to do a feature where he took the DSi cooking/recipe program and tried to cook on camera following its instructions.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kingzetta

The vinny loves everything and ryan hates everything show.
it's just ryan saying this game sucks over and over again while vinny trys to convince it does not suck.

evilrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By evilrazer

Vinny's Valium Vacation

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By EuanDewar

Tad weird that non-subscribers are helping name content they can't see but whatevs. Some of these have been pretty funny.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By Yanngc33

@kingzetta said:

The vinny loves everything and ryan hates everything show. it's just ryan saying this game sucks over and over again while vinny trys to convince it does not suck.

Yeah that would be great with vinny just repeating "awww come on!"

JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JammyJesus

Vag time with Vinny.

Sorry, I have been drinking.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Barrock

"Dave the Demolition Man - Hardcore Dave takes your beloved PC games of yore and DEMOLISHES them with the worst mods he can find. No game is safe so don't get your panties in a bunch when you see deathmatches consisting of Leia slave girls wielding penis sabers."

This sounds AMAZING!

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LiquidSwords

Vinny, Vidi, Vici = Vinny attempt to __________ (Fill in the blank)

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#50  Edited By RTSlord

@Masha2932 said:

Recently two new pieces of premium content have appeared, Jar time with Jeff and Breaking Brad. These two features are by Jeff and brad respectively. As I looked through their titles on the site's homepage I realized that the titles have an alliterative quality to them.
Jar time with Jeff
&
Breaking Brad

This got me thinking. If other members of the Whiskey Media staff were to get their own features what would they be called? Keep in mind they need to have an alliterative quality to them. If possible try and explain what you think the feature would be about. I'll start

2. Vinny's Veil- A behind the scenes look at Vinny's job on the site.

3.Pen Pals with Patrick- Patrick reads and replies to letters(not emails) from giant bomb fans. So what can you guys come up with and do you think Ryan and Vinny should get their own premium content?

i would pay for all of these. ALL OF THEM!