Natal River Rush & 3D games

gas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By gas24

Ok I've just seen a video on Engadget of River Rush on Natal and I don't like where video gaming seems to be going: 
1. I hate wearing 3D glasses and the headache effect of it in games and films.
2. I hate the thought of flailing my limbs around like a miniac like these lot to play a game...   

Anyone else not into the prospect of a controller-less game future (at last Sony's Move has something to hold!) rather than just moving bodies...
gas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gas24

Ok I've just seen a video on Engadget of River Rush on Natal and I don't like where video gaming seems to be going: 
1. I hate wearing 3D glasses and the headache effect of it in games and films.
2. I hate the thought of flailing my limbs around like a miniac like these lot to play a game...   

Anyone else not into the prospect of a controller-less game future (at last Sony's Move has something to hold!) rather than just moving bodies...
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Coombs
@gas24: 
Controllers won't go away, I will be getting Natal (or whatever they're calling it now) but that will be mainly for my girlfriend and son,
I'll stick to my wireless controller.    Fuck the wires but I need the controller dammit

Edit:  & Fuck 3D
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us

Like Coombs I will probably end up buying Natal mostly so I can encourage other people to play games with me. Probably my mum and sister. But I will prefer to stick to my controller and I also echo the fuck 3D sentiment.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ninjakiller

fuck 3d, fuck natal, fuck ps move or w/e they call it now

CycloneDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CycloneDE

I love how the kid in orange in the video at 0:40 just looks around the room thinking "what the hell are we doing here?" 

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Jeust

These games don't look anything special, but they are just prototypes. Nothing really final. We have to wait and see till when the end product comes.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By MysteriousBob

I might get Natal once the price drops. I'm not just going to turn my nose up at these casual games- I'll admit they have their place. Good for parties. As a bit of a tech geek, I'm interested to see how well it will work even if the games are rather uninspired.

dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dystonym

At least if you're holding Playstation Move or a Wii Remote then people can tell that you're doing something or playing a game. These people just look like dicks. 

Edit: and fuck 3D.