Need A Little Help With This Gamestop Deal

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mushir

Ok so I live in Norway and my local Gamestop is having this deal. You trade them two games of the same platform and you get to preorder a game for 1kr. So if I trade in two 360 games I can preorder a game for 1kr. And btw 1kr = $ 0,18

So I thought that you guys in the US may have some experience with these kind of deals. So basically my question is if I can trade in ANY game of the same platform? Or do they have a list of games that are not allowed in these kind of deals? Because if not then I can go to a different store and buy two crappy Wii games for really cheap and then trade them in.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

As it's GameStop, I'll bet that they have a list of games eligible to be traded in - and they all came out less than 2 months ago or are very popular.

Pantalooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Pantalooney

They have trade-in prices and the games that are eligible needs to be over a price that your store decides. 
Your best chance is to bring a ton of games and probably 2 or 3 will be eligible for that deal

To answer your question, NO you can't bring ANY games for that deal.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Chokobo

so you can preorder a game for $.18.  Just means you'll have to pay more when you get the game.  Doesn't seem like much of a deal to me.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Mushir

I went there and asked the guy and he said that I can trade in ANY two Wii games. So now I can buy two cheap ass Wii games and then trade those in and then I'll be saving a bit of money if I preorder. Nice.