• 53 results
bertmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By bertmasta

If the games seem too different, basically what I mean is a big world that trys to tell a really good story, with colourful cast of characters and obviously Rpg elements, I have a ps4 and pc

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Redhotchilimist

Jade Empire, maybe? I think it's on Origin. It's got the same strengths and weaknesses as other bioware games. I remember liking the plot especially. It's also more lighthearted than their recent games.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz
Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Humanity

@bertmasta: Maybe I could interest you in some Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen out now on PC with better framerate and an awesome DLC pack bundled in.

I even wrote a BLOG post about why you should play it, and you should play it if you haven't.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There's a game out in a few week called The Dwarves which is based on a book series and basically looks like someone took the Dwarves and combat out of Dragon Age Origins and made an entire game around them.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Dragon Age: Origins

Like Mass Effect, except in fantasy setting. You pick a class like Rogue or Mage and your party members can consist of other classes.

No Caption Provided

Jade Empire

Like Mass Effect, except using (to my knowledge) several Asian mythologies. The combat is centered around martial arts and using different fighting styles. I especially recommend this one as it is very unique and I enjoyed it a whole lot.

No Caption Provided

Alpha Protocol

It may be a broken mess, but it does qualify as a Mass Effect-like game and some people really enjoy this one. You need to look past its shortcomings. It's a mixture of RPG, stealth and action. The gameplay is not the best, but the character interactions are pretty good.

No Caption Provided

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

The infamous KOTOR. If you want to see exactly where Mass Effect's origins lie, it's in this game. It comes closest to the Mass Effect experience as ME is literally based on this game. There is a galaxy map and planets to go to (though not as many as in ME, mind you). You pick where you go first, meet alien races and so on and so forth. The combat is continuous turn based, meaning you pick which ability to perform and whenever your character can do it, it will.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for anonymous_jesse
Anonymous_Jesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout. I mean it's a pretty open question,

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I second all the other suggestions in this thread, and I'll add Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It's a flawed game, to be sure, but I think it'll scratch the itch you have.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By BoOzak

If you're looking for a party based RPG's maybe try Neverwinter Nights or Baldurs Gate. (Icewind Dale etc.)

But if you're looking for big open world RPGs there's only one company that do that well and it's Bethesda. (as much as I like CDPR their worlds always felt quite barren)

I dont know what to recommend for a good story as it's usually defeat evil overlord x and save the world.

EDIT: Also Xenoblade Chronicles X. It's basically a japanese take on a more freeform RPG with a big world and lots of weird characters.

(oh right you said PC & PS4 sorry)

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Pillars of Eternity would fit the bill but it is an isometric rpg kind of like Dragon Age Origins. You might like Alpha Protocol but it has not aged all that well. I don't know about Dragon's Dogma. That game doesn't have any compelling characters nor an interesting storyline, but its combat is very good. New Vegas is another good one. It has the sprawl of Bethesda games while also bothering to include clever writing and companions. Be warned that that one hasn't aged well gameplay wise either. Now that I think about it, You might want to go back and try a Persona game. Have no idea if those are on the PS4 but if either Persona 4 or 3 are on there you should definitely try them. I would go 3 before 4 because three has a more interesting dungeon design as well as better characterization but you really can't go wrong either way.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tribunal: Yah Dragons Dogma doesn't have super compelling characters but man that story goes places you don't expect to be taken to.. and then it goes further.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha Protocol is so, so good. Just don't play it like a shooter.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baldur's Gate

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I don't remember much about the story. I remember there was a weird princess that had to be saved and a creepy jester dude that was really weird now that I recall. Stopped playing around there I think because I can't recall much else.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tribunal: You really missed out on some real mind bending stuff. Look it up on YouTube, it's kinda nuts. The Dark Arisen DLC is also a great piece of content.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread has made me realise that there really aren't that many open ended narrative driven RPGs of Witcher/Mass Effect ilk that have managed to hit the mark.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BladedEdge

@ivdamke: I feel like there is room for perhaps 1 or 2 more companies to release games like that, but in general they don't do well being released at the same time. Like, you buy one and get 60+ hours out of it. Your not likely to buy a 2nd such game close too the release of another. Thus, compared to most other genres, there are just not that many out there.

Then again. There are a LOT of games in the genre..if you step-down the graphical quality, maybe remove your need for voice acting and such. In which case there are dozens of Baulders Gate 2/Fall out 2 style RPGs in existence.

edit-forgot examples in case people want them. The obvious ones first, Wasteland 2, Divinity Origin Sin. The less obvious, GeneForge 1-5..really anything by spiderweb software (Avadon: The black fortress).

Oh and I guess cause its about to come out. Tyranny.

Not exactly the 3rd person MMO/Action RPG style games the OP listed thought.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You can go old school and pick up the enhanced version baldurs gate 2. Really fun game. Pillar of Eternity is a more modern version of that so that's another option. I think obsidian is releasing another game in a week or two called Tyranny that seems similar as well.

Otherwise there's Divinity. The game for a couple years ago is good, and they have a new one in early access right now.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By MeMonk

Arcanum is one of the best rugs out there.

A off the wall recommendation is Expeditions: Conquistador it is a strategy RPG with a good story, characters and a setting that is not used often.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Personally I would recommend Jade Empire for sure. Great setting and world. I think Dragon's Dogma is really good but not in the mold. I would say the same thing about 75% of the recommendations so far...

@ivdamke said:

This thread has made me realise that there really aren't that many open ended narrative driven RPGs of Witcher/Mass Effect ilk that have managed to hit the mark.

Not easy games to make and most don't even try.

Not really recommending this game, but I think it's interesting to check out Rise of the Argonauts along this line of thinking. It was a Greek Mythology RPG of this type and it really was not executed well but I think it's interesting to see. Pretty forgotten... and really rightfully so, but interesting to those into that genre. Check it out if you are really desperate I guess. Wish it was better because that type of game in Greek myth is appealing.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played a lot of the games mentioned here, and while most of them are pretty good, very few of them hit the levels of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or The Witcher. Either because there isn't that cast of characters or lots of interesting writing (e.g. Kingdoms of Amalur, Dragon's Dogma) or because the gameplay isn't fun due to either bugs (e.g. Alpha Protocol) or technical limitations at the time it was released (e.g. KOTOR, Vampires).

Fallout: New Vegas is a great choice though (its the usual engine, but Obsidian writing; not Bethesda), and if you like isometric games there are options like Pillars of Eternity (though I thought it didn't live up to its potential). I'd also strongly recommend the Shadowrun games, though they aren't truly open-world, and other isometric games like The Banner Saga; if you do go that route, the classics like Baldur's Gate are well worth your time too.

But in terms of big, 3d open world games with lots of great writing and RPG elements, there sadly aren't that many options out there. One kind of out there option would be the Saints Row games, especially The Third and IV. The gameplay is pretty different from the RPGs you're talking about, but there are RPG elements; they are open-world, the writing is pretty great, and there's a surprising amount of depth to the characters. Less so in the second game, but it can help setup the later games (first game is completely unnecessary though).

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OurSin_360

You can try pillars of eternity and divinity original sin on the pc, i haven't played pillars at all and very little of divinity but i hear good things about both. Weird everyone is recommending old games, i figured he meant newerish games

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I really would want a Mass Effect type RPG set in space but there aren't any. I've played the KotOR games and those just change swords with lightsabers I mean real sci-fi (although I did love Kotor back in the day too). If only there was a good Star Trek game that played like Mass Effect. I am waiting for ME Andromeda. Until then I am playing Witcher 3 and enjoying more than I thought. I was late to it since I was not a huge fan of the earlier games but the third one is a lot better so far.

It's not easy to give any advice since there are few or none games like ME,DA or Witcher. I mean there are some B-tier games like Risen and such. Piller of Eternity doesn't count since it is too old school. that is more like Baldurs Gate and if you like that then great but I could not get into PoE.

It is unfair since FPS lovers have so many games to choose from but we who love Mass Effect have nothing. The only game that has even atempted to make something like ME was Alpga Protocol which was flawed but still fun but that was ages ago.

So I guess the choice is just wait until ME Andromeda and hope it is good. I Did not enjoy DA Inquisition as much as previous games though. The main story is good but there is too much filler quests that don't have as much as a dialoge choice. At least Witcher 3 have had one or two choices even in the side quests so far (just played the first area).

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BojackHorseman

A lot of poop games getting recommended here. I think I'd just point you towards anything Bethesda ever made.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JasonMasters

Lot of good recommendations here. What sort of visuals are you looking for? If you are looking for modern stuff, then Kotor, Alpha Protocol, etc are good suggestions. I would toss Divinity Original Sin, and even Oblivion on that list.

If you don't mind older or even older-styled graphics, Baldur's Gate, Pillars of Eternity, Planescape Torment, any of the main Fallout games, Neverwinter Nights, and maybe even older games like Might and Magic 7.

Dare I say....Dark Souls?

EDIT: I removed Shadowrun from my suggestions since they don't have "big worlds". While the world of Shadowrun is big, the scope of the games is fairly limited.

bertmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the recommendations guys, Im not a graphics snob and I'm also not necessarily adverse to a B tier game, but I will make a list of everything in this thread and slowly make my way through it, I just can't really get into a game unless I know it's gonna be a meaty experience

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I second all the other suggestions in this thread, and I'll add Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It's a flawed game, to be sure, but I think it'll scratch the itch you have.

I really dug KoA, it's good as long as you don't try to finish every quest hah.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Kingdoms of Amalur is a hell of a game.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By wallee321

Star Wars:The Old Republic mmorpg, just play mostly single player. Has bio ware game play and narrative elements.

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed just about every game mentioned in this thread (and I recognize a few from my Pile Of Shame). Would the new Deus Ex or Technomancer fall into this category? I have not played either, so not recommending - actually I'm selfishly looking to see if either is recommended for fans of Mass Effect/Witcher/Bethesda games.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@calmgamer: I like Deus Ex, although I think Human Revolution is better than Mankind Divided from a world perspective. I have not played Technomancer. I seem to recall it not getting the greatest of reviews.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GundamGuru

@bojackhorseman: Fallout 4 really slacked off in the roleplaying department, though. I know the cliche thing is to blame the voiced protagonist, but I'm personally thinking Bethesda has fallen into the same trap Bioware did with ME2 and DAII. They simplified and streamlined a lot of the unique mechanics out of their game in an effort to make them more widely appealing. However, in the process they diluted what made the games interesting in the first place.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freedom4556: Well, I don't really agree with comparing it to ME2, as that game was around 40x better than the first game in that series. They took the best parts of that game and expanded upon it, while removing the stuff that bogged it down. Maybe Bethesda tried to do the same, but they really misjudged what made Fallout 3 and New Vegas so great, and ended up removing a lot of that.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By aktivity

@bojackhorseman: I'm probably in the minority, but I found ME2 did the complete opposite of expanding on the first game. Instead of fixing/improving aspects of the first, they just removed or streamlined it to hell. The combat was the only positive improvement and personally I thought they kinda ruined it with the addition of global cooldown and shields/armor.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aktivity said:

@bojackhorseman: I'm probably in the minority, but I found ME2 did the complete opposite of expanding on the first game. Instead of fixing/improving aspects of the first, they just removed or streamlined it to hell. The combat was the only positive improvement and personally I thought they kinda ruined it with the addition of global cooldown and shields/armor.

100% agreed. How they didn't refine 1 and instead took away many of its best aspects is still a big tragedy for me. And then even the story wasn't half as good in 2 either.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@aktivity: I'm with you, I loved having so many abilities at my disposal and while the Mako was unwieldy as all hell it was still fun to bounce around planets, there just needed to be more variety. Where ME2 succeeded was with it's tone and characters. It also had a strong beginning and end which is hard to pull off, especially in the middle of trilogy.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aktivity said:

100% agreed. How they didn't refine 1 and instead took away many of its best aspects is still a big tragedy for me. And then even the story wasn't half as good in 2 either.

I never understand this sentiment when I hear it. As a game, Mass Effect was pretty damned terrible. It had awful combat, bad pacing, boring planets etc. Mass Effect 2 on the other hand had great combat, fantastic pacing and much more interesting side quests and planets. And I never understand when people complain about the story in that game either, as I thought it was pretty fucking good. Great new and returning characters, awesome set pieces, some real cool mysteries and one of the best last missions in gaming history.

Oh man, now I want to play Mass Effect 2. It's just one of the best games ever made. Between it and Red Dead, 2010 was a hell of a year.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bojackhorseman: ME2 had a fantastic intro and ending as others mentioned, but the in-between is meh. The twist about the collector would've been much more impactful if they weren't boring mindless drones with no personality. Say want you want about the planets and the Mako, but they definitely gave a grand scope to that universe. Instead of improving they stripped it down, but kept the awful resource gathering and stuck us with a dumb mini-ship that required fuel. It made ME1 feel way more open, whereas ME2 felt like a bunch of dark corridors. What they did to Citadel was a crime too.

The shooting is fine, but the fun of popping your biotics and watching the physics go crazy wasn't there for me. I didn't like having to strip away shield/armor to effectively use biotics. And you have no idea how much I dislike global cooldown in single-player games, especially when some abilities have long recharge times.

Evilpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning maybe?

I haven't played it but i heard many good things about it.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aktivity: Well, guess we just have different opinions. I guess I'm lucky that the majority of people share my opinion, cause I'd never go back to a game that played like the first Mass Effect. Love that universe, but I don't hate myself enough to play such a poor game.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GundamGuru

@bojackhorseman: We might just have to agree to disagree, then.

For instance, ME1 had a thermal overload system in instead of standard ammo, and while not particularly well balanced, it fit very well with the scifi setting thematically. They nixed the weapon and armor upgrade system completely, and reduced the number of your abilities significantly. Grenades went AWOL. There were only two weapons of each type (before DLC). They added a uninspired rock-paper-scissors system with shields/armor/barriers and ammo types. By adding the global power cooldown, they made the combat much more gunplay-centric. On the story front, I, for one, didn't feel the setup for ME2 gave the player much agency in choosing to work for Cerberus, or even how to do so, and having Shepard just throw her hands up and take orders from Illusive Man the whole game never felt right (especially for paragon Shepards). The retcon of the Geth into a morally grey ally was also groan inducing. The pacing is basically the same, imo, barring some annoyingly hidden, forced mission counters at the end of ME2 (and all the probing). I couldn't particularly stand Miranda, Jacob, or Jack. Having said all that, I will concede that ME1's planets and base interiors were plain and/or excessively reused, but the Mako was fine. It just needed a few tweaks to the controls and suspension.

On the other hand, ME3 was an good evolution of 2, bringing back several ideas that were lost (like weapon modifications and grenades) and iterating smartly on ideas from 2 (like with more branching abilities). The story also flowed smoothly from the end of 2 (I really enjoyed the Arrival DLC), and barring the phoned-in ending, was overall much more satisfying for the roleplayer.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two Worlds II

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

If you're good with the inconvenience and byzantine rulesets of old-ass RPGs, I'll just recommend the Baldur's Gate series. Baldur's Gate II in particular set a lot of precedent that pretty much every Bioware RPG since has used in some way, with its vignette-heavy structure and focus on character work. They're not the easiest games to get into, but they remain the gold standard in old CRPGs for a reason. Really, if you can tolerate more grognard-y stuff... I might have a few other recommendations I can give.

If figuring out 2nd Edition AD&D doesn't seem like your jam, then I'd suggest the original Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I honestly have no idea how well that game would fly with someone playing it for the first time in a post-Mass Effect world, but it was definitely a formative game for me when I was younger. I don't love it, but KotOR II might actually hold up better, if only because its plot is a weird deconstruction of Star Wars and its obvious Light Side/Dark Side morality. If you play that, you should absolutely install the mod that restores the loads and loads of cut content and gives the game an actual ending, among other things. And speaking of Obsidian, you should probably also try out Alpha Protocol. It's not a great game (the actual game part is a pretty terrible "RPG pretending to be an action game" with infuriatingly bad boss fights,) but it's still the single most successful RPG I've ever seen in regards to a game actually responding to the player's choices.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bojackhorseman: We might just have to agree to disagree, then.

For instance, ME1 had a thermal overload system in instead of standard ammo, and while not particularly well balanced, it fit very well with the scifi setting thematically. They nixed the weapon and armor upgrade system completely, and reduced the number of your abilities significantly. Grenades went AWOL. There were only two weapons of each type (before DLC). They added a uninspired rock-paper-scissors system with shields/armor/barriers and ammo types. By adding the global power cooldown, they made the combat much more gunplay-centric. On the story front, I, for one, didn't feel the setup for ME2 gave the player much agency in choosing to work for Cerberus, or even how to do so, and having Shepard just throw her hands up and take orders from Illusive Man the whole game never felt right (especially for paragon Shepards). The retcon of the Geth into a morally grey ally was also groan inducing. The pacing is basically the same, imo, barring some annoyingly hidden, forced mission counters at the end of ME2 (and all the probing). I couldn't particularly stand Miranda, Jacob, or Jack. Having said all that, I will concede that ME1's planets and base interiors were plain and/or excessively reused, but the Mako was fine. It just needed a few tweaks to the controls and suspension.

On the other hand, ME3 was an good evolution of 2, bringing back several ideas that were lost (like weapon modifications and grenades) and iterating smartly on ideas from 2 (like with more branching abilities). The story also flowed smoothly from the end of 2 (I really enjoyed the Arrival DLC), and barring the phoned-in ending, was overall much more satisfying for the roleplayer.

Yeah, and the thermal overload system was terrubbbble. So poorly executed. Can't really say it made any more or less thematic sense than the heat clips in the second game, and those at least made the game a lot more enjoyable. Grenades did not go AWOL, they were moved to the ability slot, and that was a smart move, as they were freaking bad in the first game. As for abilities, I can't say I recall there being fewer, but I do recall it being a lot more enjoyable to actually use the abilities you had. Spec towards ability use, and cooldowns became shorter.

You really do yourself a disservice by claiming there were only two weapons of each type, because according to the Mass Effect 2 wikia there were six assault rifles, and only two of them were DLC weapons (one being free), so in just that one example it's literally double what you claim it be. On top of that, additional weapon types were added, like submachine guns and most importantly heavy weapons.

The shielding system on enemies was just fine, and actually made you use your different ammo types. I think the setup for the story was very good, and I really liked the dynamic between The Illusive Man and Shepard, especially if you played as a paragon, so we obviously disagree there. There was no retcon of the Geth. I already knew from the first game that we'd be at the center of choosing the faith between the Geth and the (insert Tali race, can't remember the name), and for that to happen we would obviously have to get more friendly with the Geth. And I'm glad that happened, cause Legion is one of the best Bioware characters in a long, long time.

I'm not saying Mass Effect 2 did everything right, but they really made the only sensible choice when going in that direction, and more or less perfected it with Mass Effect 3. If they had just built on top of the mess that was Mass Effect 1, we'd have a much poorer series as a whole. It's easy to forget just how bad the gameplay of that game was. If they had built upon ME1, they'd have built upon quicksand, instead they made a really solid foundation with ME2 and built upon that.

Avatar image for sandalinbohemia
sandalinbohemia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By sandalinbohemia

I've seen Kingdoms of Amalur mentioned a few times before. I'm currently playing this game and I thought I'd elaborate on why it is, in my opinion, pretty neat:

1. It introduces a few interesting concepts, such as the possibility to mix it up with classes (for instance, I'm playing a rogue with a few magic abilities), as well as being able to switch classes in the middle of the game if you want to make the switch to enormous sledgehammers instead of bow-and-arrow and lightning attacks.
  2. The combat is pretty smooth, although the camera can be a bit of a hassle when you're in a tight corner.
  3. Several factions, each of which has their own quest-line. You can become a member of multiple factions if you like, reaping the benefits of every faction as you go.
  4. It's a gorgeous game. The graphics hold up quite well, and there are many details that surprise me, if not delight me. There's nothing quite like watching luminescent flowers blossom in a cave while you walk past them.

One downside of this game is definitely the overload of content; this goes for both the number of side-quests (many of which are simple fetch-quests), as well as the dialogue with many of the NPCs. There's just too much of it. Another aspect is that the setting has many traditional tolkien-esque fantasy aspects, with an evil that has to be conquered and an immortal elf-like species, and mixes it up with creatures derived from eurocentric folklore - it's nothing we haven't seen before in fantasy.

ultragamerockx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Halo is pretty similar except it's first person view, you've got aliens to kill, pretty similar weapons and all that kind of stuff.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawgamer said:

@calmgamer: I like Deus Ex, although I think Human Revolution is better than Mankind Divided from a world perspective. I have not played Technomancer. I seem to recall it not getting the greatest of reviews.

I honestly think Human Revolution is a better game in pretty much every regard. Even with the weird boss battles.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will toss in for Kingdoms of Amalur as well. Despite the warts, its a pretty good game.

Also I feel like the ME talk is getting a bit off topic.

ultragamerockx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: What about Halo, that's pretty great to play?