#1 Posted by sionweeks (647 posts) -

I'm about to buy a blue 3DS XL from Amazon with Mario 3D Land for £158. Here's the link to the deal: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-3ds-xl-silver-blue-red-plus-1-game-zelda-mario-3d-land-resident-evil-158-1310074

I was wondering, besides Mario Land (which is basically free in the deal) what other games should I definitely be getting? I'm probably going to get NSMB2 and Ocarina 3D, and will definitely get Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion when they come out. Right now I can afford to get 2-3 more games with my 3DS (not including Mario 3D Land).

So what should I get?

#2 Posted by Levius (1097 posts) -

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is an excellent little SRPG. It isn't as deep as the one coming out of Japan, but the gameplay is fun and is probably dirt cheap now.

#3 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Don't forget to download Pushmo on the E-Shop!

#4 Posted by Flexo (3 posts) -

Kid Icarus Uprising is, in my opinion, the best game on the 3DS right now, along with Mario 3D Land. Resident Evil Revelations and Mario Kart 7 are really good as well.

#5 Posted by DeF (4852 posts) -

Keep an eye out for Paper Mario Sticker Star if that indeed is still coming out this year!

And put something aside for Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (11809 posts) -

@AmatureIdiot said:

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is an excellent little SRPG.

Yep, I actually really enjoyed it. Also, if Picross e is available where you are, then pick that up - if you're into that kind of thing.

#7 Posted by Abendlaender (2782 posts) -

Kid Icarus is.....interessting I'd say. However I personally think NSMB 2 is pretty boring...

Pushmo is great and uhm.... is Layton out yet?

#8 Posted by Olqavtoras (222 posts) -

@Abendlaender: Layton comes out in a month, which is not soon enough if you ask me.

#9 Edited by GunstarRed (5103 posts) -

Kid Icarus is amazing, but I really wonder if that's made a ton more awkward on a bigger system. Mighty Switch Force is awesome. I'd recommend that over Pushmo on the e shop, but Pushmo is still great.

#10 Posted by sionweeks (647 posts) -

I got Zelda as the free game, and bought NSMB2, MK7 and PKMN Soul Silver. I would have bought Mario Land but it wasn't in stock, so I'll buy that in a store after uni tomorrow, maybe along with the Professor Layton games for DS which I never played. I see a few people saying Kid Icarus, but it doesn't interest me at all. I'll also get Pushmo and Mighty Switch Force when I get my 3DS XL in a couple of days :D

Thanks for the Layton and Mighty Switch Force suggestions, though, as I've always forgotten to get the Layton games, and had never even heard of Mighty Switch Force :)

#11 Posted by Xomero (62 posts) -

Depends on what games you like, I really enjoyed Kid Icarus. You can also get some DS games to play on your 3DS like the World Ends With You or a Pokemon one. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance I greatly liked but I'm very very biased because I love Kingdom Hearts. Devil Survivor Overclocked is a really cool jrpg by Shin Megami Tensei - known for Persona series, Nocture, etc.

#12 Posted by Fallen189 (4978 posts) -

@Haznoadam said:

Honestly I'd say not get one, My just collects dust, Personally I think the only games worth getting are Tales of the Abyss and Dead or Alive

Same

#13 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

Fair warning: if you've played New Super Mario Bros and/or New Super Mario Bros Wii, don't get New Super Mario Bros 2. It adds virtually nothing to the formula, and what it does add isn't worth it (seriously, you'll never get to a million coins unless you grind like crazy and the reward for if you do is totally not worth it).

#14 Posted by Funrush (70 posts) -

@FlarePhoenix said:

Fair warning: if you've played New Super Mario Bros and/or New Super Mario Bros Wii, don't get New Super Mario Bros 2. It adds virtually nothing to the formula, and what it does add isn't worth it (seriously, you'll never get to a million coins unless you grind like crazy and the reward for if you do is totally not worth it).

It basically is the same game, except with more coins (which makes the game easier, by the way).

Go for Star Fox 64, Zelda, Mario Kart, Res Evil, and Layton.

Oh, and download Pushmo.

#15 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

@Funrush said:

@FlarePhoenix said:

It basically is the same game, except with more coins (which makes the game easier, by the way).

Go for Star Fox 64, Zelda, Mario Kart, Res Evil, and Layton.

Oh, and download Pushmo.

Yeah, the whole lots of coins idea really comes across as a last minute decision when they really couldn't think of anything better. It was the first time playing a Mario game that I felt like I was just playing the exact same game again (which was disappointing especially after how different 3Ds Land was).

#16 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2343 posts) -

Yeah all the games I'd say are listed. Zelda, Mario Kart, Starfox. DO NOT buy Super Street Fighter 4 3D. Awful port.

#17 Posted by osuzoo08 (90 posts) -

I just bought a 3ds not that long ago and the games I ended up getting were Mario 3d land, Resident evil revelations, mario kart, rhythm thief, and pes 2011

#18 Edited by zerdune (157 posts) -

I would say Super Mario 3D Land is the only must buy for the system. Other than that, I have bought Pilotwings Resort, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Ocarina of Time 3D, Picross e, Super Mario Land 1 & 2 and Link's Awakening. Should get Starfox 64 3D at some point. So a lot of games that Nintendo makes. Currently waiting for the next Luigi's Mansion, Professor Layton and Ace Attorney.