Need Help... Please 360 troubles

webb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By webb

Yesterday i was playing xbox and after about 10 minutes my color turned purple/red/ all kinds of distorted colors.... i changed monitors, did not
work..... restarted xbox same thing happened after 10 minutes(Roughly).... Tried today same problem.... anyone have this problem or hear of it
i dont think it is the cords either,

Siris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Siris

Sounds like the gfx card is going out. That is typical of the older Xbox 360's as they weren't built to disperse heat very well at all. Likely your 360 is reaching the end of its life and will have to be replaced.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Either way, when you send it in, lie and say you have the Three Red Lights. This way you won't have to pay. I and many others have lied and have had no issues.

webb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By webb

thanks,,, im not the lying type so would you guys reccomend getting a whole new one or try having xbox replace the gfx card?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By EpicSteve

If Microsoft will fix it for free, why not? If they charge you, it's all a matter of if spending $200 on a new system is worth it to you.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JoelTGM

I've had something similar to that.  The screen went all purple and then green, and eventually it worsened until the 360 would get one red light, and error 74 I believe it was.

Tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Tomarlyn

When mine RROD'd and the GPU fried I stuck it in the fridge overnight. Got it to work for about 5 minutes the next day. 

Contributing
Sabin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Sabin

I've had a similar thing happen.  The result was the same as Doubleshock's result.  One red light, E74.  Microsoft replaced it for free for me as it was still in the 3 year warranty.

webb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By webb

alright appreciate the help guys