Need someone to check if something i wrote is understandable.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endogene

It concerns the last paragraph of the duck hunt article
http://www.giantbomb.com/duck-hunt/61-2758/

I tried my best to explain it as clearly as possible, perhaps some of the thing i say are not as clear as they could be.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

I think it makes sense, but you could touch up upon some words (such as 2nd Second), and the obvious, grammar mistakes such as forgetting to capitalize and such. But overall, I think it explains it pretty well.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Patchinko

The first thing I noticed was that the first letter of the first sentence is not capitalized.

I also think the whole explanation in that article is overdone. It's not even close to as complicated as the article makes it seem.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_

It's not well formatted and grammatical errors are rampant, but it makes sense.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Endogene

Making it easy for the kids. off correcting those capital letters.

Shasam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Shasam

I must say, I am not well versed in the technical aspects of Duck Hunt, but I can help with a few spelling and grammatical changes. So, I would change it too:

Lets imagine that there is a duck at pixel B and that you are aiming correctly. You press the trigger, the screen turns black and then then screen starts to become white. After two seconds pixel B will become white, the light gun will send a positive signal to the NES. The NES knows that the duck was at pixel B and that after you pulled the trigger it took 2 seconds before the signal came from the light gun. By doing some calculations, then game can show the duck being gunned down. Using this technique Duck Hunt was able to put more than one duck on screen at a time.

Now, if anything is factually wrong with that, then my bad, change it back, but I hope that helped! =)

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Endogene
Shasam said:
"I must say, I am not well versed in the technical aspects of Duck Hunt, but I can help with a few spelling and grammatical changes. So, I would change it too:

Lets imagine that there is a duck at pixel B and that you are aiming correctly. You press the trigger, the screen turns black and then then screen starts to become white. After two seconds pixel B will become white, the light gun will send a positive signal to the NES. The NES knows that the duck was at pixel B and that after you pulled the trigger it took 2 seconds before the signal came from the light gun. By doing some calculations, then game can show the duck being gunned down. Using this technique Duck Hunt was able to put more than one duck on screen at a time.

Now, if anything is factually wrong with that, then my bad, change it back, but I hope that helped! =)"
sounds better indeed, im putting it in.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jayge_

Yes, that's better.

As for facts, Endogene got it perfectly. Nothing wrong there.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Endogene

And done, thanks for the help everyone.

Shasam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Shasam
Jayge said:
"Yes, that's better.

As for facts, Endogene got it perfectly. Nothing wrong there."
Cool, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't changed anything while messing with stuff that made it incorrect.