#1 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

Hey guys, i just got myself a brand new samsung galaxy S3 and i need a suitably badass ringtone. Bonus points for text message alert ideas. I'm mining my Persona 4 OST for potentials as we speak.

#2 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

Can't go wrong with this.

#3 Posted by Panpipe (477 posts) -

made this Fez text message alert that I use to this day!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5981692/Disasterpeace%20-%20Fez%20Opening%20Chime.mp3

#4 Posted by psylah (2187 posts) -
#5 Posted by A_Dog (738 posts) -

Life is Beautiful.

#6 Posted by Random88 (284 posts) -

Here are a few

Calling (The World Ends with you)

Calling (Kingdom Hearts 3D - Kingdom Mix)

Heartful Cry (Persona 3 FES)

#7 Posted by Akeldama (4257 posts) -

Mine is currently the Metal Gear Solid codec noise for calls and the alert noise for text messages. Original as fuck, right?

#8 Posted by killacam (1278 posts) -

aerith's theme. shed a tear each time someone calls.

#9 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: hell yes

@ryanrulez said:

Life is Beautiful.

already on the phone dawg, you're a genius.

#10 Posted by Daneian (1251 posts) -

Amethyst Caverns by Module on the Shatter soundtrack.

#11 Posted by dudeglove (8319 posts) -

@Akeldama said:

Mine is currently the Metal Gear Solid codec noise for calls and the alert noise for text messages. Original as fuck, right?

Could be worse, could be the ringtone from 24

#12 Posted by Xeirus (1378 posts) -

@Jadeskye said:

Hey guys, i just got myself a brand new samsung galaxy S3 and i need a suitably badass ringtone. Bonus points for text message alert ideas. I'm mining my Persona 4 OST for potentials as we speak.

I'm getting that this weekend hopefully! How do you like it?

#13 Edited by BBAlpert (1583 posts) -

Also, I've set my text message sound to the 360's Achievement Unlocked beep. That takes some getting used to though.

#14 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

For Text messages/Notifications I use this.

#15 Posted by mosespippy (4475 posts) -

The pager noise from GTA3 is a pretty good notification sound.

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

can help you with that.

#17 Posted by OldGuy (1575 posts) -

...I don't know why, but I kind of like the Comic Jumper ringtones:

#18 Posted by aku88 (38 posts) -

Okay, not a videogame ring tone but still awesome.

#19 Edited by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

This is my Ring Tone now, for Text messages from people I know.

This was my Ringtone for a While, Until my crappy Droid X broke my SD card.

#20 Edited by jking47 (1249 posts) -

Well, my ringtone is the opening theme for Paranoia Agent

but my text notification is one of the Journey chirp sounds. Can't remember exactly which one, I think it was labeled shout_1?

#21 Edited by TeamJersey (341 posts) -

Who do you Voodoo, Bitch.

#22 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -

@Akeldama said:

I used that for a while. If I could change my SMS-tone without jailbreaking my iPhone, I totally would again. Loved it.

#23 Posted by Brodehouse (10140 posts) -
@Galiant You totally can, text tones showed up in 5.1 or so.

I got MGS codec, Pac-Man death noise, Sinistar's "RUN RUN RUN", Kanji's "Get Bent!", Peppy Hare's "Do a barrel roll!", Barry Burton's "Oh my COD!", a scream from Silent Hill 2.
#24 Edited by efman (212 posts) -

@Galiant: You can make custom SMS ringtones on the iPhone without the need of a jailbreak. That feature was rolled out as part of iOS 5 last year. So long as whatever format your song is in is converted into .m4r and is no more than 30 seconds long, they're syncable under the Ringtones tab in iTunes. There are a number of third-party apps that convert your mp3s into the right format iTunes and your phone require without the hassle of having to do it in iTunes. I, myself, use Bigasoft's iPhone Ringtone Maker -- haven't had any problems syncing the converted files to my iPhone and having them play fine as either ringtones or sms tones, all based on length. Once uploaded, it'll show up under all notification alerts in your sound settings.

#25 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

@Akeldama said:

it was what i was going to say. my friend has the metal gear solid codec as a ring tone. it's pretty sweet.

i don't have a ringtone. i keep my phone on vibrate all the time.

#26 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

I used the skyrim song for my ringtone for some time. Reminding me I need to change it.

#27 Edited by Little_Socrates (5718 posts) -

I currently use loops of the highlights from these and have heard positive reception on all three.

Friend Who Loves Game, Wake-Up Alarms:

, Other Alarms:

Text Messages (full theme:)

#28 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -

@Xeirus said:

@Jadeskye said:

I'm getting that this weekend hopefully! How do you like it?

It's pretty amazing, honestly i think the only limitation is what i can think to do with it. I'm using it as a remote for VLC at the moment.

#29 Posted by AncientMecha (103 posts) -

@Panpipe: So do I! Whoever made it must be a pretty cool duder, with great taste!

#30 Posted by Xeirus (1378 posts) -

@Jadeskye: ah, man, even more excited.

I watched a demo video of it and it looks insane.

#31 Posted by TwoLines (2843 posts) -
#32 Posted by Nigglenummy (78 posts) -

@Little_Socrates: I have been using a section of that exact same Super Meat Boy track as my alarm for at least a year now. Cool to see others using it.