NES on an LCD TV?

Origibro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Should I expect any trouble with an NES on an LCD? I know the light guns don't work very well.

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@origibro: Nope, everything except the zapper will work fine. I have a front loader and a top loader and haven't had any problems.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It'll look kinda funny, but really it should be fine.

HotelDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You should be able to set the tv to output at 4:3 instead of stretching, and you'll want to disable any post processing the TV does (put it in game mode if you can), but it will work. I don't think you can do much about the overscan lines, though.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You might feel a little more input lag than you would like. Messing with the game mode settings on your TV should take care of it (mostly) and it's not that light guns won't work well, they just won't work since they need a CRT. Other than that it should be just fine.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You might feel a little more input lag than you would like.

No more than you would (but most likely wouldn't) when playing any other game console.

Origibro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK thanks.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the most part its fine.

Im the type of person who plays games like mario 3 and megaman on a crt on a fairly regular basis (a couple times a year) and have been playing those games for 25 years. its all muscle memory at this point.

If I try to play those games on my tv the slight lag messes me right up. but im a crazy person.