Netflix now in Canada

angelofioren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By angelofioren

So we now have Netflix in Canada for $7.99 per month. Apparently you can't get it on Xbox 360 for now (coming soon apparently), but you can on the PS3 without using a disc. The selection is nowhere near as extensive as the American Netflix service though.
I'm going to give it a try.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
@angelofioren said:
" So we now have Netflix in Canada for $7.99 per month. Apparently you can't get it on Xbox 360 for now (coming soon apparently), but you can on the PS3 without using a disc. The selection is nowhere near as extensive as the American Netflix service though. I'm going to give it a try. "
how are you able to get it on ps3 without a disc? we cant even do that in the US.
angelofioren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By angelofioren
@WilliamRLBaker: 
From the Netflix website:  
PS3

Simply click on Netflix within the main area of the Playstation screen. Follow the on screen instructions to connect your Playstation 3 to your Netflix account. FREE Playstation Network membership is required.

angelofioren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By angelofioren

Keep in mind that the Canadian selection is crap. I would happily use a disc if the selection was even half of what the US got. I'm sure it'll grow with time though. Also, some of the stuff makes no sense. I can't watch Avatar seasons 1 or 2, but season 3 is available.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iam3green

cool for them. they should do it world wide for people that don't live in america. it would be good. i don't use netflix, i have a slow internet i tried it before on the 360. it didn't look good.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Branthog

I don't see myself being interested in any streaming video service that I have to pay for, until I no longer have to be concerned with exceeding bandwidth limits with an ISP. Until that day, every time I watch something that's chugging down at 2gb/hr, I'm just seeing my other activities having to go by the wayside as I trade bandwidth for one activity for another.

Granted, I have a business account, so this isn't as much a concern for me anymore as it is for most people, but . . . . still.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Brenderous

Its pretty good. 

No NBC stuff yet, and no instant queue. 

Optimistic though.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

I was looking forward to it, but seeing that they have a crap selection I lost interest fast. I will wait for some month with no games coming out and give the free month a try, but until they get all the movies the yanks have I won't be paying for it.

conformunist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By conformunist
@angelofioren:   As a fellow Canadian and am pretty intereted in Netflix, I need something answered:  Is our version just chock full of Canadian Government Funded made for TV crap?