• 140 results
mandrewgora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mandrewgora

I figure they should endure Never Dead, it's can't be that long of a game (so they won't get burnt out playing it), and I'm sick of them teasing me in the I love Monday's. Who knows they might even enjoy themselves.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Silver-Streak

Every time someone asks for an endurance run, the endurance run gets pushed back. So push all your deep dark endurance run dreams into the pit of your being, else you'll never see them come to fruition.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Phatmac

Every time someone says Endurance Run, an angel dies. Please stop.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

You figure WRONG.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By supamon

This thread will go well for everyone.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Clonedzero

i dont get why the crew is so against endurance runs. the community LOVES them. its not alot of work, 30 minutes to an hour playing a game a day, they dont really have to do anyhting to the footage, just put the bumpers on it. same amount of work and effort for a quick-look. yet they HATE doing them. i find it really weird.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

What's to endure with it? It's not a terrible game. It's just mediocre across the board. The original intent of the Endurance Runs was to play a game with a large amount of gameplay hours attached to it and see if they could go through it all...or play an outstandingly bad game in an effort to not quit it.

NeverDead doesn't seem to hit either of those points.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

I wonder if NeverDead would be bad enough to qualify as a Breaking Brad showcase? Probably not.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

Nah, son.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Dagbiker

@Mandrewgora: You might not know of our unspoken rule to never ask for an Endurance Run.

And to everyone else:

He probably didn't know, he has like 20 posts.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By scarace360

You can beat that game in a sitting its not long enough.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BrockNRolla

It doesn't matter if you ask for an endurance run. Regardless of what the vocal community wants, it will only happen if the guys want to do one, which they don't. So ask away, but know that your thoughts and opinions do not matter.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By mtcantor

Aw man. Don't you know they push back the next Endurance Run by a year every time someone asks for one?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Endurance Run? That sounds like content people love and would eat up. Can't be doing that. Too busy right now. Gotta get back to starin' at the fuckin walls.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Clonedzero

@BrockNRolla said:

It doesn't matter if you ask for an endurance run. Regardless of what the vocal community wants, it will only happen if the guys want to do one, which they don't. So ask away, but know that your thoughts and opinions do not matter.

yeah, fuck doing something the community loves! who would want to make their fans happy? especially when it'd take little effort and your content has been severely lacking lately! that's stupid!

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By GunstarRed

@Ravenlight: Possibly the final two bosses, the rest of the game is really easy.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dagbiker

@Clonedzero: @Brodehouse: So? What did you guys think of the Chrono Trigger Endurance Run?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zeforgotten
@Clonedzero said:

@BrockNRolla said:

yeah, fuck doing something the community loves! who would want to make their fans happy? especially when it'd take little effort and your content has been severely lacking lately! that's stupid!

Yes exactly! Endurance Runs take so little effort! 

/sarcasm
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I can't believe you've done this.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Clonedzero

@ZeForgotten said:

@Clonedzero said:

@BrockNRolla said:

Yes exactly! Endurance Runs take so little effort! /sarcasm

its unedited footage of them playing a game with commentary, with intro/outro bumpers put on. i dont really know anything about video editing and I could do that. these guys are supposed to be "professionals". how is an endurance run hard? its like the easiest content they could possibly make.

@Dagbiker: i wasn't a huge fan of the chrono trigger one. mostly cus i already played that game to death as a kid. but at least it was something, other people enjoyed it. it was SOMETHING.

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By triviaman09

@Clonedzero said:

i dont get why the crew is so against endurance runs. the community LOVES them. its not alot of work, 30 minutes to an hour playing a game a day, they dont really have to do anyhting to the footage, just put the bumpers on it. same amount of work and effort for a quick-look. yet they HATE doing them. i find it really weird.

They hate the daily grind of the thing, having to play it every day. That being said, I agree with you. Particularly when things are slow during the summer, an Endurance Run seems to make sense. Their paying community loves it, yet they continue to not want to do it. Quite frankly, it makes them look like jerks who need to quit whining and do their damn jobs. Now that being said, they are a small team and still offer quite a bit of content.

Alkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Alkaiser

@ZeForgotten said:

@Clonedzero said:

@BrockNRolla said:

Yes exactly! Endurance Runs take so little effort! /sarcasm

It kinda doesn't. It seems like the exact same thing as an LP. I don't think its an effort thing as much as they just don't want to devote that much time to one game, which I can understand considering they review games for a living and have to keep up on new stuff instead of focusing on a single property.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Clonedzero said:

@BrockNRolla said:

"Let's play this game we really didn't want to play making it very hard to watch for anybody because people have been bitching at us to do one. I know this makes it more like an obligation than something we want to do which might cause us to bitch a lot and make it uncomfortable. Fuck doing this for the original reason we started it by having a game we both wanted to play but knew we didn't have the time (Something that applied to Persona 4/Deadly Premonition/ and to a lesser extent Chrono Trigger) No fuck that and let's play a bad game that can be completed in a weekend by ourselves even though it flies in the face of the Endurance Run."

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zeforgotten
@Clonedzero: Let's just say that they use 3 hours each day to film enough content for a few days. 
That's 3 hours every day where they can't use the only equipment they currently have, to film Quick Looks 

Unless of course people want Quick Looks filmed with iPhones. 
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Aegon

Endurance Runs are taboo 'round these parts, sad to say.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Clonedzero

@triviaman09 said:

@Clonedzero said:

They hate the daily grind of the thing, having to play it every day. That being said, I agree with you. Particularly when things are slow during the summer, an Endurance Run seems to make sense. Their paying community loves it, yet they continue to not want to do it. Quite frankly, it makes them look like jerks who need to quit whining and do their damn jobs. Now that being said, they are a small team and still offer quite a bit of content.

yeah, for guys with absolutely awesome jobs like teh GB crew i cant think of anyone who's complained about their job more. they bitch CONSTANTLY about their jobs. like, Vinny is awesome and stuff, but really if i have to hear him complain about "setting up video stuff is SUPER HARD GUYS" makes me want to stop watching/listening. its like trying to get a 14 year old girl who wants to hang out with her friends to come visit her grand mother. just sits there bitching the entire time like a spoiled brat. its why im not a paying member, they dont give a shit about their community, so why should i care about them?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

The Giant Bomb staff have expressed before that every time someone suggests a new game for the Endurance Run it makes them want to do an Endurance Run less. They don't really seem to be all that swayed by the influence of the community and have just started Endurance Runs in the past when they've felt like they've found a game that they wanted to play that was a natural fit. As for the idea of NeverDead as a candidate I'm not so sure. I don't know a ton about the game myself but if it's not too long then that probably makes it a bad candidate as opposed to a good one, and as far as I know it doesn't have a particularly engaging story, unlike previous Endurance Run games.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Clonedzero

@ZeForgotten said:

@Clonedzero: Let's just say that they use 3 hours each day to film enough content for a few days. That's 3 hours every day where they can't use the only equipment they currently have, to film Quick Looks Unless of course people want Quick Looks filmed with iPhones.

oh, i wasn't aware their work days are 3 hours long.... i dont get what this argument is supposed to mean. basic time management and schedules would fix that problem. they dont put out enough quicklooks to make the equipment constantly be needed. what are you talking about? lets say they do 3 hours of endurance run recording in the morning, they have ALLLLL afternoon to record any other quicklooks or video footage they need. thats plenty of time. its not hard to capture video game footage. youtubers do it all the time.

Alkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Alkaiser

@Gamer_152 said:

The Giant Bomb staff have expressed before that every time someone suggests a new game for the Endurance Run it makes them want to do an Endurance Run less. They don't really seem to be all that swayed by the influence of the community and have just started Endurance Runs in the past when they've felt like they've found a game that they wanted to play that was a natural fit. As for the idea of NeverDead as a candidate I'm not so sure. I don't know a ton about the game myself but if it's not too long then that probably makes it a bad candidate as opposed to a good one, and as far as I know it doesn't have a particularly engaging story, unlike previous Endurance Run games.

I'm going to say this full well knowing that I'm probably going to recieve a lot of hate for this comment, and maybe rightfully so. I accept any flaming that comes from this.

But as someone who personally loves Giant Bomb a lot and will continue to put up money to support these guys, it seems incredibly hypocritical to say "Hey, support us so we can provide you with content!" while also saying "We want no input from you guys on content." It reeks of shut up and give us your money.

And I don't think they should ER Neverdead because I don't think its a very good game, but thats besides the point.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Clonedzero said:

@triviaman09 said:

@Clonedzero said:

yeah, for guys with absolutely awesome jobs like teh GB crew i cant think of anyone who's complained about their job more. they bitch CONSTANTLY about their jobs. like, Vinny is awesome and stuff, but really if i have to hear him complain about "setting up video stuff is SUPER HARD GUYS" makes me want to stop watching/listening. its like trying to get a 14 year old girl who wants to hang out with her friends to come visit her grand mother. just sits there bitching the entire time like a spoiled brat. its why im not a paying member, they dont give a shit about their community, so why should i care about them?

Why do the content if it's gonna be bad? If they really don't want to do something the content is gonna suffer. And I don't know if you know this but setting up video equipment is fucking hard sometimes, he never really comes off as hating his job though. None of them do. Don't take the fact that they don't want to do an endurance run as a personal affront to the fans.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zeforgotten
@Clonedzero said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Clonedzero: Let's just say that they use 3 hours each day to film enough content for a few days. That's 3 hours every day where they can't use the only equipment they currently have, to film Quick Looks Unless of course people want Quick Looks filmed with iPhones.

oh, i wasn't aware their work days are 3 hours long.... i dont get what this argument is supposed to mean. basic time management and schedules would fix that problem. they dont put out enough quicklooks to make the equipment constantly be needed. what are you talking about? lets say they do 3 hours of endurance run recording in the morning, they have ALLLLL afternoon to record any other quicklooks or video footage they need. thats plenty of time. its not hard to capture video game footage. youtubers do it all the time.

Then why don't you start your own website since you apparantly know everything there is to know about creating content like this? 
Just give it ago, I'm sure you'll become super popular. It's super easy, all they do all the time is play games anyway, absolutely nothing else.  
Video games, video games, video games. All the time. 

Nevermind, it's no use trying to inform people like you.  
Lost cause really, only thing that could help you understand what a job is like is if you ever had one. 
wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By wjb

If there's ever going to be another Endurance Run, it'll have to be Vinny and Jeff. They're the only two people right now I could endure watching, ironically enough.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Clonedzero

@ZeForgotten said:

@Clonedzero said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Then why don't you start your own website since you apparantly know everything there is to know about creating content like this? Just give it ago, I'm sure you'll become super popular. It's super easy, all they do all the time is play games anyway, absolutely nothing else. Video games, video games, video games. All the time. Nevermind, it's no use trying to inform people like you. Lost cause really, only thing that could help you understand what a job is like is if you ever had one.

why are you personally attacking me? why are you so over-defensive? im not even misinformed. how is making an endurance run hard? its literally playing a game for awhile with commentary, less than 5 minutes editing in the intro bumper and uploading it. explain that to me.

what the fuck is wrong with you btw? you're being hostile and insulting to me for NO reason because im pointing out that endurance runs would be the easiest content they could do. also who cares if its hard and takes alot of effort. the GB crew ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS. you dont have to stick up for them like they are. criticism is a GOOD THING, it helps people improve.

but nope, people saying remotely negative things about giantbomb? FANBOY RESCUE SQUAD AWAY!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By ajamafalous
Yes.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zeforgotten
@Clonedzero said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Clonedzero said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Then why don't you start your own website since you apparantly know everything there is to know about creating content like this? Just give it ago, I'm sure you'll become super popular. It's super easy, all they do all the time is play games anyway, absolutely nothing else. Video games, video games, video games. All the time. Nevermind, it's no use trying to inform people like you. Lost cause really, only thing that could help you understand what a job is like is if you ever had one.

why are you personally attacking me? why are you so over-defensive? im not even misinformed. how is making an endurance run hard? its literally playing a game for awhile with commentary, less than 5 minutes editing in the intro bumper and uploading it. explain that to me.

what the fuck is wrong with you btw? you're being hostile and insulting to me for NO reason because im pointing out that endurance runs would be the easiest content they could do. also who cares if its hard and takes alot of effort. the GB crew ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS. you dont have to stick up for them like they are. criticism is a GOOD THING, it helps people improve.

but nope, people saying remotely negative things about giantbomb? FANBOY RESCUE SQUAD AWAY!

Insulting? I just said it's hard to explain to people like you, who already have their mind set on one thing, how things work. 
These "youtubers" you talk about, they're not doing their videos in one take either, you know that right? 
Let's Plays (The good ones) have a ton of extra stuff going on, one of the better LPers actually play through the games 2-3 times before putting videos on Youtube because they're doing the runs where they get absolutely everything.  
But you say it's easy, then make some yourself, I would love to see more user created content like that, if you're up for it. 
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By CL60

@ZeForgotten said:

@Clonedzero said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Random lets players on youtube put out more content than GiantBomb does.

Just sayin'

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By zeforgotten
@CL60 said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Clonedzero said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Just sayin'

They still do more than just "play games all day" :)
Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff said that he hates doing Endurance Runs because they are a scheduling nightmare, especially when someone has to go out of town. When there is a scheduled absence for something like a showcase, they have to record a bunch of episodes ahead of time.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Clonedzero

@ZeForgotten: im not an entertainer, they are. (please dont say "they're not entertainers they're journalists!" cus bullshit, the site is successful cus its entertaining, not due to the journalism lol)

i dont care how hard something is. its their job. you dont need to "white knight" them. its kinda gross when so many people do.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@ZeForgotten said:

@CL60 said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Clonedzero said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Just sayin'

They still do more than just "play games all day" :)

News stories, press events, interviews, write ups, podcasts. Then you have other types of game playing like: quick looks, TNT, reviews. Then you got to think about getting people's schedules to line up for the endurance run because 2 people might be going to Captivate or something while 2 others stay behind. There's a lot more than just sitting for 3 hours a day. And I don't want them to do an ER if they don't want to, it would just make it worse.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By zeforgotten
@Clonedzero said:

@ZeForgotten: im not an entertainer, they are. (please dont say "they're not entertainers they're journalists!" cus bullshit, the site is successful cus its entertaining, not due to the journalism lol)

i dont care how hard something is. its their job. you dont need to "white knight" them. its kinda gross when so many people do.

Ah, the white knighting excuse. 
Whatever, if you're really that upset then you would've left ages ago. But since you're still here then something keeps you here. 
And don't tell me it's the community because, hahahahahahahahahaha

And yes, they are entertainers and journalists. What a world we live in, huh? A place where you're allowed to be both! 
Alkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Alkaiser

@ZeForgotten said:

@Clonedzero said:

@ZeForgotten said:

I'm not against what you're saying, but how you're saying it is total bs. This is the same excuse butthurt fans of video games give reviewers of "Hey, how can you criticize this game when you've never made a game yourself?" And we all know how much horsehockey that is.

DeadVillager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DeadVillager

Oh god I thought Clonedzero was being facetious at first but christ, man. I'm sorry your videogame journalism site doesn't also Let's Play frequently enough for you.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#45  Edited By Humanity

@ZeForgotten: Theres a difference between Lets Plays on YouTube and Endurance Runs. Those Lets Plays YouTubers put out are usually games they've already beaten, and are informed about and yes they often put some editing on them. Not always but sometimes. In stark contrast the Endurance Runs are filmed "off the cuff" as it were - no guides, no prior knowledge of the game, just going into it raw single take style. In addition the Lets Play which often a lot more content and editing are usually done by people who go to a job for 8 hours a day and come back home to do them on their off time.

@Clonedzero: Wanted to say I agree with most of what you're saying, but at the end of the day this argument is a lost cause. The whole back and forth of "what takes so much time?" "well why don't you make one then!" is a hopeless loop and honestly isn't worth getting into.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By CL60

@ZeForgotten said:

@Clonedzero said:

Ah, the white knighting excuse. Whatever, if you're really that upset then you would've left ages ago. But since you're still here then something keeps you here. And don't tell me it's the community because, hahahahahahahahahaha And yes, they are entertainers and journalists. What a world we live in, huh? A place where you're allowed to be both!

It's not an excuse when it's true. It's their job to make content, they hardly do as much as they should, and when people suggest something like an endurance run, everybody, including the staff jump on them and tell them to shutup. It's incredibly pathetic for the staff to tell its paying members not to ask them to do something the community loves because "it will just make them not want to do it even more".. There is very obviously a ton of nuthugging going on in this community. Always has been, always will be.

The fact remains, there is always excuses in terms of content.

Lack of content being posted - "THERES NOTHING COMING OUT!!" people then suggest something like an ER or countless other things they could do. But NOPE! They suddenly have no time anymore.(Or some other stupid excuse.)

Suggest an ER - "SHUTUP! THEY DON'T WANT TO DO ONE IF PEOPLE ASK FOR IT!"

The nuthugging that goes on around here is beyond ridiculous. I mean, I love the site, and the staff is great. But come on people..nobody is ever allowed to criticize anything about this site here without people like you making excuses.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Clonedzero

@ZeForgotten said:

@Clonedzero said:

Ah, the white knighting excuse. Whatever, if you're really that upset then you would've left ages ago. But since you're still here then something keeps you here. And don't tell me it's the community because, hahahahahahahahahaha And yes, they are entertainers and journalists. What a world we live in, huh? A place where you're allowed to be both!

im not upset. i'm just criticizing something i like. im pointing out valid reasons for things. again, criticism is GOOD. holding people up for their bullshit is good.

like i stopped watching i love mondays cus its no longer an organized video detailing whats happening in the week in a short nice bow. now its a 10 minute cellphone cam shitshow where they ramble on for awhile barely explaining anything. i understand it was done that way right after the move cus they couldnt make short videos anymore. but uh, its been months, why are they still doing it this way. could they at least, you know, be prepared for the damn video? lol

im just saying, GB is slipping quality-wise and thats a shame. and anytime anyone brings it up theres dozens of people who rabidly defend them "their job is hard, you dont understand!!!!". i dont care how hard it is. i dont want to see one of my favorite sites turn itself to shit cus "its too hard"

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By zeforgotten
@Alkaiser said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Clonedzero said:

@ZeForgotten said:

I'm not against what you're saying, but how you're saying it is total bs. This is the same excuse butthurt fans of video games give reviewers of "Hey, how can you criticize this game when you've never made a game yourself?" And we all know how much horsehockey that is.

No, saying that "making content is super easy" = Me saying: Ok fine, then you do it. 
Not because someone says a game is bad.. 

@Humanity: I'm not the one comparing them, but ok(already know that) 
wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By wjb

Not to get into the discussion, but we need to retire "white knight" for good. Whatever meaning it had, it's gone now.

And I never understood the whole "relax, they're not your friends" argument. Like, the only people you have to be decent to are people you know, which sounds awful.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zeforgotten
@CL60 said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Clonedzero said:

It's not an excuse when it's true. It's their job to make content, they hardly do as much as they should, and when people suggest something like an endurance run, everybody, including the staff jump on them and tell them to shutup. It's incredibly pathetic for the staff to tell its paying members not to ask them to do something the community loves because "it will just make them not want to do it even more".. There is very obviously a ton of nuthugging going on in this community. Always has been, always will be.

The fact remains, there is always excuses in terms of content.

Lack of content being posted - "THERES NOTHING COMING OUT!!" people then suggest something like an ER or countless other things they could do. But NOPE! They suddenly have no time anymore.(Or some other stupid excuse.)

Suggest an ER - "SHUTUP! THEY DON'T WANT TO DO ONE IF PEOPLE ASK FOR IT!"

The nuthugging that goes on around here is beyond ridiculous. I mean, I love the site, and the staff is great. But come on people..nobody is ever allowed to criticize anything about this site here without people like you making excuses.

Oh, so because my "excuses" are not against Giant Bomb I'm White Knighting them. 
But pathetic excuses like "It's easy to make content, all they do every day is play games anyway, huurrr duuurr" is totally valid? 
Jesus H.