#1  Edited By SirPsychoSexy
Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Marz

mmofps, sounds like World Of Starcraft to me!

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper
@Marz said:
" mmofps, sounds like World Of Starcraft to me! "
They said it's not an existing IP so probably not.
ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ch3burashka

Wasn't there a rumor that Blizzard was working with Microsoft on a Halo MMO? I imagine that's a possibility, but a slim one at that - I don't see Blizzard being too enthused working on someone else's property.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By BaneFireLord

...gotta say, that image looks super easy to fake with Photoshop, or any old image editor. But otherwise, sweet! If Diablo 3 comes out Q4 2011, it'll be the perfect game to get with my new PC.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Jack268

It's not really "confirmed" though is it? Even though Boub often is correct he didn't state anything about how he knows it's Blizzard new MMOFPS.   

Doubt a MMOFPS would rip me from WoW though. I'll just watch Blizzcon next year and see what it looks like. 

Wasn't Borderlands supposed to be a MMOFPS? I remember reading an article way back about a MMOFPS that was going to have millions of guns and then never heard of it again, but thought it sounded similiar to Borderlands. 

I wonder how a MMOFPS would work though, would it be PvE or PvP focused or would they try to keep it balanced? It is much harder to navigate and maneuver in first person mode, so how would they make PvE encounters different from tanking and spanking? Would they have different classes? Or would it basically be Call of Duty in a global scale with pure PvP? How would gear upgrades work? There must be some kind of progression which is usually delievered in games by getting phatter loot, but only upgrading your gun sounds kinda dull. Would there be stuff like chestpieces and leggings to upgrade too? It wouldn't give the same sense of satisfaction since in first person mode you're not gonna see the gear yourself. 

And finally, the world would likely be a smaller scale world than Azeroth because using flying mounts(In a MMOFPS likely airplanes because it's modern time) or mounts(cars, motorbikes) in general in first person mode is usually something for the enthusiast. 

Really, way too many questions. If this chart is legit, it's actually really sad that it leaked out so early because it won't hit as hard when they show it off and now there's just gonna be tons of assholes spamming the WoW forums even more. 

I trust Blizzard will make a quality game as usual, whether it's a MMOFPS or not though.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By fwylo

Yes please.  Not Halo though please.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60
@BaneFireLord said:
" ...gotta say, that image looks super easy to fake with Photoshop, or any old image editor. But otherwise, sweet! If Diablo 3 comes out Q4 2011, it'll be the perfect game to get with my new PC. "
I've learned to never doubt MMO-Champion
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By JJOR64
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By melcene
@Jack268 said:
 Wasn't Borderlands supposed to be a MMOFPS? I remember reading an article way back about a MMOFPS that was going to have millions of guns and then never heard of it again, but thought it sounded similiar to Borderlands. 
Borderlands is an RPGFPS with a million bazillion guns, if you listen to CL4PTR4P. 

For a look at how an MMOFPS would work, try out Planetside.
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#12  Edited By BeachThunder
@Suicidal_SNiper said:
" @Marz said:
They said it's not an existing IP so probably not. "
Aw, so no Blackthorne MMO? :(
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Sin4profit

The kitten slaughter must be stopped...

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryanwho

I will bet a million dollars it will have nothing to do with Stacraft.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vorbis

I can forsee legions of Blizzard fans saying how Blizzard invented the MMOFPS genre, while ex-Planetside players quietly rage in the corner.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By melcene
@Vorbis: Hey, I wasn't raging!  I was just sayin'....
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By VisariLoyalist

I'm surprised  activision is letting them even take on such a big venture. I thought activision would force them to make nothing but world of warcraft until the franchise and the developer are mere shadows of what they used to be all for the profit of activision.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By Cincaid
@VisariLoyalist said:
" I'm surprised  activision is letting them even take on such a big venture. I thought activision would force them to make nothing but world of warcraft until the franchise and the developer are mere shadows of what they used to be all for the profit of activision. "
I guess you missed the release of Starcraft II earlier this year? And the newsfeed on Diablo III all year?
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VisariLoyalist
@CrazyChris said:
" @VisariLoyalist said:
" I'm surprised  activision is letting them even take on such a big venture. I thought activision would force them to make nothing but world of warcraft until the franchise and the developer are mere shadows of what they used to be all for the profit of activision. "
I guess you missed the release of Starcraft II earlier this year? And the newsfeed on Diablo III all year? "
an MMO is a much bigger risk imo
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By meteora

How are we supposed to believe a picture like that when it looks like its fairly easy to Photoshop? 

Granted, it sounds interesting, but I'll wait until Blizzard officially announces whatever they've done. The last company behind my mind that doesn't ever leak anything is Blizzard. I mean, they've managed to work on StarCraft 2 for four freaking years without anyone knowing until they announced it in 2007. Note that Titan might not be the official title, as StarCraft 2 was given a codename of "Medusa". Diablo III was referred as to "Hydra". Titan would probably simply be another codename on whatever the hell they're working on.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iam3green

it doesn't sound like anything. anyone could put that up in photoshop. if true than good for them. they are making another MMO that they could make even more money on.

djaoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By djaoni

"People are pretty excited about a new picture going around the web, supposedly a leak of the schedule of Blizzard's release for the next year. I don't usually comment that kind of things but ... 

The image appeared on MMOGamesite.com, apparently this is an english MMO site based in China and I already know a lot of people will hate me for reporting that news. The document itself is probably a slide from an internal presentation to executives and/or shareholders, and seems to be 8 months old according to the date at the top." 

Supposedly. Apparently. Probably. 

Yeah, no.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vorbis
@melcene:  I mostly mean't me! Planetside was great in the old days, always sad to see people who don't know what it used to be like. I remember people claiming MAGs 250 was impossible when they had never witnessed a 3 way on Cyssor.
Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By Cincaid
@VisariLoyalist: 
I'm pretty sure Activision can't say diddly when it comes to what games Blizzard should make, but I think everyone can agree that neither Blizzard nor Activision wants to stop milking their cashcow called WoW.

Thing with WoW is that it's pretty much accessible to anyone who plays it. You can play both casually and hardcore, and still have a great time however you choose to play it. I managed to kick the habit months ago, but still find myself longing to start again. If and when Blizzard makes a new MMO I'm fairly sure they'll make something very different to WoW so that it doesn't draw too much attention away from WoW, but since so little is known about the project all we can do is gossip about it. The only solid information I've heard about it was that one guy (forgot the name) who used to work on WoW now works on that new project instead. Maybe more news will come during 2011, even if the game in question is most likely years away.

All I want is Diablo III right now. :)
Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Arbie
@Jack268 said:
"  I wonder how a MMOFPS would work though, would it be PvE or PvP focused or would they try to keep it balanced?  "
That's what I'm wondering. Would be pretty sweet to have an fps boss encounter of sorts. But who knows!
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ch13696

I like how based on that graph, Diablo III will be released in 2012. I'm going to go on a hunch and say it's December of 2012. You know... that part of that year where the world just explodes?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wuddel

My guess is that it will be a "EVE online"-kind of game. With the Blizzard hype, and their skill in making things accessible it could be a huge hit. Same addictive scheme. New setting and feel.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By Gabriel

So Planetside 2.....

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll believe it when I see it. There is no point getting hyped over what is so easily faked.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#30  Edited By Pepsiman
@BeachThunder said:
" @Suicidal_SNiper said:
" @Marz said:
They said it's not an existing IP so probably not. "
Aw, so no Blackthorne MMO? :( "
Nor a Lost Vikings MMO. Blizzard is just so OUT OF TOUCH with its fanbase these days!
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Isn't the bigger news here that Blizzard is actually creating a new fucking IP?

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If that's real, which I kind of doubt (but who knows...), then to me Diablo 3 coming out Q4 2011 is more awesome to me than the MMOFPS coming out Q4 2013 :P  I was kind of expecting a summer launch of Diablo 3 in 2012 (around the time SC2 launched this year.)

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By nvmfst

Old news.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RE_Player1

I don't think a Blizzard product slate sheet would show the WOW movie, I'm calling bogus. 

ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By ethan_raiden
@VisariLoyalist said:
ActivisionBlizzard is a partnership, Activision are not the owners of Blizzard.
Hats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hats

Blizzards new MMOFPS comming out at the end of time going head to head with HL2 E3 and GT6 Prologue

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By MooseyMcMan

If Blizzard is making it, then you'll have plenty of time to read more leaked documents in the 10 years it'll take them to make it. 

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By fjordson

This hasn't really been confirmed yet. I do hope it's something in that vein, though. I miss Planetside a whole lot and if anyone can do justice to a certain genre it's Blizzard. And it doesn't really make sense for them to come out with something similar to WoW and cannibalize that userbase.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
@VisariLoyalist said:

There is a reason it's not actually called Activision any more.  
http://www.activisionblizzard.com/corp/index.html  

Also, I'm calling bullshit based on the FPS they just decided to add in there. No one knows what type of MMO it's going to be, and that could be an unrelated item. It also probably isn't an actual name, and it also doesn't help that a lot of the time lines are totally off. I'll believe it when they announce something in like 6 months.
MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MaddProdigy
@VisariLoyalist said:

Dude first of all the deal the two companies signed was by no means one sided. It may seem like Activision is this big all powerful entity, but when it comes to such an insane hit maker, arguably the most successful developer of all time in fact, Blizzard would never enter a deal where anyone told them what they had to make. From what I understand of the relationship Blizzard can do whatever the fuck they want, and Activision will publish their games, take a cut, and like it. On top of that, you think the dudes at Blizzard would burn out making WOW expansions? You think WOW will burn out any time soon? Blizzard has the money and human resources to produce 3 major titles, all at the same time while producing assets for marketing and demo of all three products.  Activision is starting to drive it's franchises into the ground one by one for profits, but Blizzard is different as far as I understand.

Oh and an MMO is definitely in no way a risk for Blizzard. They already produced the most successful MMO of all time, worst case people leave their current MMO for their new one. Not to ride their nuts too hard, but I'm just sayin.

And as for this thread, that picture is totally fake my god. I'm sure Blizzard has product release plans, but do companies really keep a sheet like that in a place where any average employee can get at it? Hell no. Plus that sheet is way too bland for a Blizzard product release schedule. Hundred million dollar franchises require glossy, colorful graphs with pictures. Executives love pictures.
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tebbit

Oh snap, FPS!? 

Without trying to sound like a fan-boy... I will buy literally every game that Blizzard makes, regardless of quality.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By captain_clayman

MMOFPS sounds like a genre i can get into actually.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By awesomeusername
@SirPsychoSexy: If this is true, it'll probably have Captain Price in it. Or Reznov. Call of Duty: Titan coming soon!
Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Zithe

PlanetSide was awesome for its time and it was developed by SO-fucking-E. If they managed that much, I can't wait to see what Blizzard can do in that arena.