With some actual good games coming out now this fall I feel its time to step into the next console generation and pick up some new hardware and I need help deciding. So! If there are some knowledgeable folks out there who wouldn't mind reading through my post here and sharing their thoughts and opinions I would appreciate that!
Please keep in mind this is not an XBOX vs PS thread, I enjoy both consoles and have owned them all in the passed, I'm just trying to educate myself on which would be the best fit for my home entertainment system for the next few years moving forward.
Things about me that factor into my decision:
- Wireless Internet is a must; I dont want to pay extra cash for a router if I dont have to
- It will be used mostly for netflix by my family
- In the previous console generation the exclusives I enjoyed most were for the 360 - although towards the end of the cycle ps3 seemed to be winning out with great games like Last of Us.
- I dont like most Japanese games, so please keep that in mind when comparing and contrasting exclusives; although the new Demon Souls-esque game coming out looks totally awesome and I want it!
- My favorite games are Western RPGs and old CRPGs. ie. Baldur's Gate, PS:T, Dragon Age 1, The Witcher, Mass Effect.
- I dont play shooters but I would love to play Halo. I'm not interested in Gears of War any longer.
- I like Indie Games or games that try something new. Loved Journey, Brothers, Super Time Force
- Not big into online gaming but wouldn't mind the option the odd time I fancy a game. Mostly looking forward to Destiny
- I like free things!
- My brother has an Xbox One and it would be nice to play Destiny with him instead of strangers; but we work really different schedules in different time zones so that probably wouldn't happen anyway.
- I prefer the xbox 360 controller to the ps3, but prefer my ps3 hardware to the xbox
Games I'm most looking forward too!
- The Witcher 3
- Mass Effect 4 (Please be good!)
- Dragon Age Inquisition
- Maybe Assassin's Creed?
- Possibly Halo
Thank you for your time!