New Endurance Run Confirmed: Best Kept Secret? (Good job GB)

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#151  Edited By Sooty

Dave and Vinny on Project Zomboid please.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Clonedzero

dead island would be a good one i think.
its nice and goofy for lots of funny banter.
its an open world, lots of opportunities for them to get lost and confused.
apparently its supposed to be fairly long.

Michaelblack18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Michaelblack18

heres my concept on what should happen let suscribers only get to see it first live as it's happening then they get versions of mutiple parts stringed together onto the archive video wise non suscribers still get the whole endurance run just in individual parts

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By MrKlorox

More like worst kept secret. Nobody in their right mind believed there wouldn't be another one.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By Deusx

Amnesia: The Dark Descent should be their next ER... 

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156  Edited By Codeacious
@CitizenKane said:

A Steve/Matt ER would be great, but it just wouldn't be as good as a staff ER.

I am still campaigning for a Vinny/Dave Skyrim ER. Make it happen, guys.

I didn't even think of a Skyrim ER, but holy crap, that might actually work. Long game and a great way for them to explore possibilities and side quests to mix up the videos if they so choose (they could just make one episode of killing everyone they meet). 

Not sure about the Vinny/Dave combo though. I love them both, but I feel like Jeff and Ryan keep QLs a lot more lively with questions and ideas.
MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By MiniPato

@Deusx said:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent should be their next ER...

Nah, Amnesia's overdone. It's literally the most "let's played" game on youtube. And I think Vinny played through it already.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Deusx
@MiniPato: I guess you're right. That game is awesome to play with someone though.  

Skyrim seems like the best choice but I don't think they will be doing that. It's not even out yet. Here's hoping they pic an obscure ass game.
MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By MiniPato

Can they really afford to do an ER of Skyrim? Or any other big, newly released game? Is it worth not reviewing a game just to do an ER of it? Skyrim's the big heavy hitter of this year and they have to review it, I just don't see how they can't, it'd also be a big part of GOTY deliberations as well. I think they're better off sticking with lower profile games or older games.

dprabon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#160  Edited By dprabon

@StaticFalconar said:

@Phished0ne said:
What everyone doesn't know: the new endurance run will be for subscribers only. =P
I'm fine with that. Maybe just maybe, it'll give us some incentive to subscribe. I just hope they have a 5 minute demo version or something so the unpaid people can have something to be jealous about.

Ya... I'm happy they're doing ER. Honestly it's the #1 reason I subscribed. I'm hoping they continue to do ERs ( :

dprabon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#161  Edited By dprabon

@CitizenKane said:

Dave/Vinny ER of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I will not stop saying this until it happens.

YES ahah!!!!

That's a game I'll buy to play along with too!

Avatar image for superfunhappygun
superfunhappygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll admit that at first I was against an interns ER. I find the Fear Gauntlet videos fairly entertaining. Sometimes a little annoying but definitely worth watching, but then they started playing Condemned and boy, that first part is  the funniest video I've seen on Giant Bomb for a long time. I'm still not sure if I'd like an entire Endurance Run with the interns (because, let's be honest, we come to this site for content provided by the actual Giant Bomb crew) but it could definitely work.

Still, the best idea I've read in this topic is a Dave/Vinny Endurance Run. I don't care if it's Skyrim or some other game, those two together are guaranteed entertainment. I'd sub in a heartbeat, even if the ER isn't for premium members only. Unfortunately I don't think that's gonna happen. Dave is rarely in Quick Looks as is, an Endurance Run with him just seems impossible. And since Jeff is apparently out, I really hope Ryan and/or Vinny are involved.

Also, I do kind of wish they didn't confirm the ER. It was awesome with Deadly Premonition when I just woke up one morning and poof, new Endurance Run. We already knew an Endurance Run would happen sooner or later, but the confirmation kind of lead me into thinking it could start any day now, but when I read this topic it could apparently still take months even.

@avidwriter: I guess Betting the Farmville went the way of the dodo. Can't say I'll mourn the loss. If it means the interns can now focus that hour of farming on the Fear Gauntlet, I'll even piss on its grave :P

sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#163  Edited By sterbacblu

Didn't see anyone mention it but my guess would be a Dave/Vinny ER of E.Y.E.

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By ElixirBronze

I don't think Dave in an ER is going to happen. As he's not part of the GB crew but the engineering crew he won't have that much time over for playing games every day.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#165  Edited By Mezmero

If we're talking about games that won't sell well in stores then I can see them doing The Last Guardian.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#166  Edited By falling_fast

maybe they're going to ER that new Disgaea game?

it's certainly going to be long enough and weird/japanese enough.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#167  Edited By Animasta

@superfunhappygun: they (basically) confirmed the DP ER in a ILM a couple weeks before it happened

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#168  Edited By ThePickle

NIGHT TRAP NIGHT TRAP NIGHT TRAP NIGHT TRAP NIGHT TRAP NIGHT TRAP

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#169  Edited By xxizzypop

To anyone suggesting that they'd do a ER of a big game that's getting released soon, i.e. Skyrim, keep in mind that these are retail giants that the site is almost obligated to review. To do an ER of actual major, popular retail game that releases in the next few months would be... crazy.

So crazy... it might just work.

But no, seriously, Skyrim is almost entirely out of the question. That's a game that nearly demands a review and seems like it'd be kind of boring to watch. I'd be bummed having to sit down and watch someone else play an Elder Scrolls game.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#170  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@damnable_fiend said:

maybe they're going to ER that new Disgaea game?

it's certainly going to be long enough and weird/japanese enough.

The crew doesn't have interest in the Disgaea series so they wouldn't do it.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By eroticfishcake

I'm more curious as to who is doing the ER. A Jeff/Vinny ER only or BR/VJ run a la Deadly Premonition?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By CL60
@Subject2Change said:
Sub only ER would work, however they'd have to make 1 episode a week free at least for a few weeks, this gets people that have yet to see any of the previous ERs into what it's all about. And it better be Jeff and Vinny again.
No it wouldn't work. They've stated numerous times before that they would NEVER take something away that was free before and turn it into a paid only feature.
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Aegon

Jeff has talked about having copies of certain games and so far there has been no content on them. Devil Survivor Overclocked was mentioned by Jeff on the bombcast and he said something like "I'm gonna check it out". So that might be it? Maybe? If indeed the endurance run will start sooner rather than later. I remember Vinny played through at least a large portion of the original though.      

No Caption Provided
Not sure If I would enjoy an ER of this. Heard the voice acting isn't so great. 
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#174  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@CL60 said:
@Subject2Change said:
Sub only ER would work, however they'd have to make 1 episode a week free at least for a few weeks, this gets people that have yet to see any of the previous ERs into what it's all about. And it better be Jeff and Vinny again.
No it wouldn't work. They've stated numerous times before that they would NEVER take something away that was free before and turn it into a paid only feature.
Also the endurance run brought a lot of people onto the site like myself.  If the Persona 4 ER was paid only when I found out about it I would have probably walked away especially since they are just let's plays. I would be thinking that this was customary for everything on the site.

@H2Oyea said:
  I remember Vinny played through at least a large portion of the original though.      
Vinny also played Persona 3 before 4
KarmaPoliceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By KarmaPoliceman

Alright, I'm betting on a Patrick and someone else Xenoblade endurance run. He is the difference between old no endurance run GB and now. Plus he has expressed interest in the game. Plus it's a game many Americans won't get the chance to play.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Sooty

I would love to see them play Devil Survivor Overclocked but I don't know if they would want to do an endurance run for a handheld game. Maybe the PSP could get away with it since you can use TV out on that.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By DystopiaX

@dprabon said:

@CitizenKane said:

Dave/Vinny ER of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I will not stop saying this until it happens.

YES ahah!!!!

That's a game I'll buy to play along with too!

That can't happen...that ER would last 3 years lol

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By takua108

Jesus, people, they're not going to do another Atlus game. Not only has Jeff already said as much, but it just makes sense: why would they make "Endurance Run" mean "watch Jeff and Vinny play a SMT game?"

And they're not going to do a super-recent game, like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, or Skyrim, as some people have suggested. That would just be silly.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By HandsomeDead

I hope the new Endurance Run is subscriber only. It would make the comments section almost definitely less garbage, take a longer time to run jokes into the ground, piss off people like crusader who moan nut never have any real intention of getting a subscription and also it would be the thing to finally push me to get a subscription, something I'd like but can't really justify right now as I'd be paying simply to be able to quote and reply on my iPad.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By HandsomeDead

And edit. Not being able to correct a typo without launching another device is such an annoyance.

Salbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Salbert

Shadows of the Damned is the only game that has come out recently that even remotely fits the Endurance Run qualifications IIRC. Also, as far as I know, none of the main GB crew has completed it and i haven't heard them talk about it since the QL. I don't listen to every Bombcast  though so i don't know that for certain.

Also, what's with all you people suggesting shit like SKYRIM and DEUS EX: HR?? An Endurance Run game has to be CRAZY.

kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By kelbear

Sub only ER is cool with me.  I'm not that interested in happy hour or thursday night throwdown archives, but endurance runs? I'd subscribe in a heartbeat.  

It should be a game that has been released so long ago that everybody who wanted to play has already played it. Weird as hell, and plot-heavy for discussion material. It'd need to be obscure so that most viewers have never played it. Or ideally, games that are too long for most people to get into on their own (which is how the ER was born). Something like Anachronox? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anachronox

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#183  Edited By bkbroiler

I would guess whatever game they're running is not going to have been released in the last 5 years.

cyberhugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By cyberhugger
@Rhaknar said:

a sub only ER would make sense, and im not even a sub (would i reconsider? maybe). What i always thought was weird and even downright annoyed me was how dismissive and sometimes just mean about a new ER they were all this time, knowing it was one of the most requested features of the audience, especially when the subs started... if your paying audience wants a feature youve done in the past, maybe dont be so dismissive about it? But anyway, im glad that its coming back, and if it turns out being sub only, ill have no problem with that (unlike a lot of people probably, but thats the internet)

id be extremley disaponted if it goes to paid members only cos it something thats been free from the start of the site. i think they need to do the paid stuff on new stuff. 
Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Djratchet

@Salbert said:

Shadows of the Damned is the only game that has come out recently that even remotely fits the Endurance Run qualifications IIRC. Also, as far as I know, none of the main GB crew has completed it and i haven't heard them talk about it since the QL. I don't listen to every Bombcast though so i don't know that for certain. Also, what's with all you people suggesting shit like SKYRIM and DEUS EX: HR?? An Endurance Run game has to be CRAZY.

SotD is wayyyyy too short for an ER. The crazy is there, but there just isn't enough substance.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Canteu

GB said they arent going to make anything previously free for paid members only, if they stick the ER behind the membership, im out.

balrogsbain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By balrogsbain

i hope its something like persona 4 , i loved the leveling up the progression of characters,i might just re watch the persona 4 one again while i wait for the new one to start

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#188  Edited By RobertOrri

@Fobwashed said:

old is old. This was leaked by a Chinese manufacturing plant two weeks ago. You can find the DRM free version on any respectable torrent site.

Oh and spoiler, Team Brad/Klepek self destruct 13 episodes in when Brad's Mega Thumb, during a 30 minute death spiral, gets lodged irremovably in Patrick's right ear. Team Vinnie/Jeff also don't finish as Vinnie turned their episodes into what amounts to a book on video and repeatedly put Jeff to sleep reading the prequel books aloud. Team Ryan/Rorie take it home in style playing in an unorthodoxed style, each manning a single stick whilst holding hands.

Bravo to GB for another fantastic Endurance Run, can't wait till they do it again next year!

I love this post.

RagingLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#189  Edited By RagingLion
@Little_Socrates said:

Seriously beginning to think the new Endurance Run might be El Shaddai, as Jeff said on Twitter a while ago that someone in the office would pick up the game and they've gone dark about it since then. By the same token, though, it's hard to imagine they'd really do another Ignition ER unless they think Disney's just going to shut down Ignition/force them to just keep publishing King of Fighters and little else. Not sure what else it might be.

This makes sense to me as well since GB have been almost weirdly completely dark on it since it came out but there seemed to be some interest about it beforehand.  They've clearly got a game in mind otherwise they wouldn't have confirmed that they would be going for this.  My only thought would be how long is El Shaddai as if it's under 15 hours I don't think that would be chosen.  I also can very easily see Patrick being part of the team in this new one which I would be totally down for.
greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By greennoodles

@Canteu said:

GB said they arent going to make anything previously free for paid members only, if they stick the ER behind the membership, im out.

Right, and The P4 ER and the DP ER will always be free. The new ER wouldn't be something that used to be free so whats wrong with it? Besides, w/o the subs they may have never done another one so lighten up a bit.

Anyone else think the Daggerfall stuff may turn into an ER?

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Canteu
@greennoodles: You're twisting their words. The Endurance Run is a free FEATURE, not each iteration thereof. If they block off the ER theyre losing something that brought a lot of people to this site in the first place. If they go back on their word using logic like yours clearly they don't care about the majority of their community anymore.
PaulRevere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#192  Edited By PaulRevere

@KarmaPoliceman said:

Alright, I'm betting on a Patrick and someone else Xenoblade endurance run. He is the difference between old no endurance run GB and now. Plus he has expressed interest in the game. Plus it's a game many Americans won't get the chance to play.

I hadn't thought about it but on formspring Jeff said "Some guys want to do one so they're going to do one." So maybe you're right and Patrick is the one into the idea. That or the interns. Or other WM people? Who knows? As far as Xenoblade, I'd watch that. And it's a game like P4 that's long enough to warrant the title ENDURANCE run.

Henny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Henny

Sub only ER would mean I would waste less time and be more productive. So it's win win for me either way!

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Dagbiker

I would be fine with it being a subscriber only, the only thing that might be a problem with it is that when you do an endurance run you are showing the game to people, and a company might not like giantbomb, or anyone really, making money off the product with out their consent.

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By greennoodles

@Canteu: Each ER is it's own feature and not a regular feature at that. It's not like the Bombcast which has been around since day one and happens every week. It is something they may or may not do if they want to. That is in no way a regular feature of the site.

This since of entitlement from people who can't be bothered to pay for content they want is really bumming me out. Jeff has said many times if he did another ER he wanted it to be on an older game. Well w/o the subs, they could not afford the equipment they need to be able to show those games. But who cares right? Everything should be free!

I think it's funny how the non-subs complain when anything is locked out to them, then go on to say "well if there was anything worth paying for I would pay." You would be WILLING to pay for a new ER, you just don't think it is "fair". Besides, most of you would find a way to watch it anyways so who cares?

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Canteu
@greennoodles: No... I would not pay for an ER, as i said "...if they stick the ER behind the membership, im out." 

I watch several very entertaining LPers who actually know what theyre doing and don't pay a penny. 

what i think is funny, is that ive seen many members say "i think its funny that non subs are entitled". I've not complained about anything member related, you totally deserve better for the amount of money you're paying and i hope to see more member content for you people, however, i want what i was promised and nothing more.

Regardless of the equipment they use to record the ER, how can you say it is more "valuable" than the other 2 ER's.
Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Lukeweizer

@H2Oyea said:

Ryan confirmed at the PAX panel that there would be a new endurance run. No further details have been released. So did the PAX goers keep the secret or did I just not see any posts mentioning this? If it's the former then good job GB community. That was awesome of you. Great surprise. So the guessing game begins. What game begins the new journey? Edit: the confirmation at the end of the Q&A session of the 3rd PAX panel video.

We weren't under orders to keep it secret. He just unveiled it there. So we were special.

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By deerokus

This would be my choice for an ER.    

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By greennoodles

@Canteu: The value thing is just IF they choose to play an older game, they will be using equipment the subscribers helped pay for.

My point is simple, the ER is not, by any means, a regular feature and if they choose to make it members only they have every right to just like you have every right to leave. I thought it was funny earlier in the thread that people were commenting on the legalities. That's just silly. Sorry I choose you to respond to if I came off harsh, you were just the last comment on the subject I read. You did not come off nearly as entitled as some.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By DeeGee

@Canteu said:

@greennoodles: No... I would not pay for an ER, as i said "...if they stick the ER behind the membership, im out." I watch several very entertaining LPers who actually know what theyre doing and don't pay a penny. what i think is funny, is that ive seen many members say "i think its funny that non subs are entitled". I've not complained about anything member related, you totally deserve better for the amount of money you're paying and i hope to see more member content for you people, however, i want what i was promised and nothing more. Regardless of the equipment they use to record the ER, how can you say it is more "valuable" than the other 2 ER's.

I'm totally with you on this. I think making the next endurance run a subscriber only thing is disgusting and wrong and against everything they've said in the past. So I don't think it will be subscriber only, because I am sure the crew aren't as stupid as that.