New Games and Stuff.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Edited By ArcBorealis

I've been back a few days now from my family reunion, and the days I've been back at home were spent playing some new games.

First was Conduit. I know, the game got a 2 out of 5 here, but I don't care. I actually find it to be quite good for the Wii. Any other system obviously it wouldn't work, but the thing is pretty competitent for the system it's tailored for. It's better than the other FPS games on the Wii (Prime 3 is a First Person Adventure, so I'm not counting it here). But let's just not get into arguements here, ok? I keep my opinion, you keep yours. Thanks.

Right now I've just finished finding all the hidden conspiracy texts, and I'll say, it sure makes the story deeper than it appears. All I got left for the campaign is to get the achievements, that I will say, could've been more interesting. But, anything to satisfy the completionist in me I guess is fine. Oh well. But atleast I'm enjoying the multiplayer.

Second game that I got was Wave Race Blue Storm. I actually bought the game for 6 bucks used at a Gamestop while I was down in Oregon. It made me so anxious to get back home, and I actually played that one first. As of right now, I have beaten all the circuits (yes that includes expert). Expert was such a BITCH, way more than in Wave Race 64. But now I have unlocked the weather conditions, and all that's left for me to do is make up my mind about which game I think is better. Right now however I'm a bit hesitant on whether or not I wanna check out 1080 avalanche again. I was disappointed with it initially, but I feel like giving it another chance, seeing as I didn't give it enough playtime back when I first tried it.

Well, that's just what I've been up to right now.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ArcBorealis

I've been back a few days now from my family reunion, and the days I've been back at home were spent playing some new games.

First was Conduit. I know, the game got a 2 out of 5 here, but I don't care. I actually find it to be quite good for the Wii. Any other system obviously it wouldn't work, but the thing is pretty competitent for the system it's tailored for. It's better than the other FPS games on the Wii (Prime 3 is a First Person Adventure, so I'm not counting it here). But let's just not get into arguements here, ok? I keep my opinion, you keep yours. Thanks.

Right now I've just finished finding all the hidden conspiracy texts, and I'll say, it sure makes the story deeper than it appears. All I got left for the campaign is to get the achievements, that I will say, could've been more interesting. But, anything to satisfy the completionist in me I guess is fine. Oh well. But atleast I'm enjoying the multiplayer.

Second game that I got was Wave Race Blue Storm. I actually bought the game for 6 bucks used at a Gamestop while I was down in Oregon. It made me so anxious to get back home, and I actually played that one first. As of right now, I have beaten all the circuits (yes that includes expert). Expert was such a BITCH, way more than in Wave Race 64. But now I have unlocked the weather conditions, and all that's left for me to do is make up my mind about which game I think is better. Right now however I'm a bit hesitant on whether or not I wanna check out 1080 avalanche again. I was disappointed with it initially, but I feel like giving it another chance, seeing as I didn't give it enough playtime back when I first tried it.

Well, that's just what I've been up to right now.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I was a big fan of the Wave Race 64 and bought Wave Race Blue Storm the day it came out. I was a little disappointed in it, but that was a long time ago. The strange thing is you mentioned 1080 Avalanche. I bought a copy for $5 used a couple of months ago, having never played it and loving 1080. I really liked Avalanche, being inexpensive helped, but it was a fun racer. I still put it in my Wii from time to time. Maybe I should take a look at buying Blue Storm again.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ArcBorealis

The thing that really turned me off initially from Avalanche was the presentation NST was trying to go for, basically making it all "extreme" when the original had the right amount of "extremeness" but could still be taken seriously. But I'm leaning more and more now to giving it another go. I saw it at a store with used games for a good low price (less than 10 bucks if I remember), so I'm sure no one will take it if I go and find it.

But definetely try Blue Storm. It's still fun, even when the first bit is spent with you learning the controls (strange that I never had that problem. But then again, I was like, what, 8?).