#1 Edited by warxsnake (2639 posts) -

Wooow, the redesign is.... :O

It's beautiful, looks so clean, professional and polished, it looks like a desktop application. Looks awesome on a 24" 1920x1200

Great job GB / WM!!

Mod edit by Sweep:

This is the feedback thread! If you find a bug related to the new site design, please post it in this thread instead. GLHB

#2 Posted by BurningVegas (22 posts) -

Agreed, the redisgn is looking fantastic!
#3 Posted by Vexxan (4616 posts) -

It's looking great, since I don't live in the US the live stream countdown is a very appreciated feature.

#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

i usually hate change, automatically 

BUT I LOVE THE NEW FRONT PAGE!

#5 Posted by ShaggE (6348 posts) -

Oh god, I'm freaking out, man... what is this strange new look? 

It'll take some adjustment, but I like it so far. Good job!

#6 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

I love it.

#7 Posted by Soap (3570 posts) -

Looks great, it's actually tempted me to convert to white as well, as it looks amazing in white!

#8 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Is this the proper HTML5 site Dave talked about?

#9 Posted by Marconi88 (97 posts) -

Love the new design. Great job top men. 

#10 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

I think this is pretty awesome, though some of the font stuff is pretty weird. 

I've been looking forward to this redesign ever since Alexis started teasing it on Twitter about a month and a half ago.

#11 Posted by _Phara0h_ (889 posts) -

I'm loving it!!!!
It look really nice...

#12 Posted by El33tPanda (150 posts) -

Definitely agree. It looks slick as anything, proud to call it my home page.

#13 Posted by Civraz (392 posts) -

I love it.

#14 Posted by Mordebir (134 posts) -

I like it! 

#15 Posted by StriderNo9 (1084 posts) -

How do I get it in white????

#16 Posted by alternate (2688 posts) -

Is the "latest tweets/updates" and blogs from ppl you follow gone?  I liked those.

#17 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

Is it going slow for anyone else?  It looks cool but it's chugging for me.

#18 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

Really like it a lot.  Wasn't this new font rolled out temporarily a few weeks ago or something?

#19 Posted by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

I'm liking it.

#20 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -
@Soap said:
Looks great, it's actually tempted me to convert to white as well, as it looks amazing in white!
Where is that again? I'm curious.
#21 Posted by WickedFather (1730 posts) -

I can read the dark writing... whoah.

#22 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

It's lovely. Good job guys!

#23 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

S'alright. Long as I get that sweet Giant Bomb content I could care less how the homepage is laid out.

#24 Posted by Aishan (1011 posts) -

Looks pretty good (white version), minor niggles though: 
- I don't like the loss of the Latest Updates section. I used it to keep track of the staff and only a select few users. If one person makes, for example, a lot of twitter posts, I'll miss out on blog or other status updates from other people too. 
- I seem to be getting people who I'm not following in the Friends' Stream section. 
- The three-star icon is showing up in a completely different style than all the others.

#25 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -

Shit looks crisp!

#26 Edited by whatisdelicious (1199 posts) -

I like it a lot, but two things bother me: 

1) The new font for text body. It's harder to read. Definitely not an improvement. Font smoothing only looks good until you actually want to read the text.

2) It could be a little tighter vertically. Like there's a little too much space between the live show and the little arrows that control the pages of highlight boxes.

#27 Posted by Soap (3570 posts) -
@WatanabeKazuma said:
@Soap said:
Hover over your name on the top right and it's in the bottom of the box that appears :)
#28 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

Looks great once I decrease the font size by a notch.

#29 Posted by ThePickle (4155 posts) -

Text is WAY too big. Switching two grid view helps some. But even though the design is fine: 100% unnecessary.  

#30 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -
@Soap said:
@WatanabeKazuma said:
@Soap said:
Hover over your name on the top right and it's in the bottom of the box that appears :)
...You just passed the test. 

Thanks, looks nice.
#31 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Wow! I thought the previous version was good. THIS is even better! Great job, GB coder duders!

#32 Edited by bearshamanbro (284 posts) -

White skin is nice, looks really good. Took me a while to figure out how to set that (hover over name and then select the white background). On the darker one, I think the issue with the type is that there is a little too much contrast. If the type was a little darker it won't "vibrate" as much.

Also, in the forums the "level" text and the user names in grey probably need to be a little darker as they are hard to read.

#33 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2141 posts) -

White version is hot now.

#34 Posted by BrockSampson (296 posts) -

Looks fantastic. I love the floaty but neat look./

#35 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

My god, it's so good!

#36 Posted by BombaLuigi (149 posts) -

theres way to much empty, grey space... the "holes" between the top video and the news are way to big imho...

#37 Posted by gakon (1945 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
Is this the proper HTML5 site Dave talked about?
Not quite. The homepage is still written in XHTML. But really, they're already using plenty of fancy CSS3 and Javascript effects, most of the new HTML5 features aren't going to add much I don't think.
#38 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2141 posts) -

Just noticed the video player is different, cool.

#39 Posted by Willy105 (4688 posts) -

It looks absolutely fantastic. Giantbomb has only gotten a better design since forever.

#40 Posted by WOBAG (119 posts) -

Generally very very positive, I wont call out all the features individually, it works. Good job.

The one thing that really jumps out as not working for me is the white rectangles when you mouse over the quick looks etc on the front page.  They are kind of stark and have an unformatted look that almost suggests you are seeing past the front page into bare forms (plus it seems that some longer titles push the comment icon off the bottom). 

#41 Edited by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

I really don't like it. Way too much blank space and everything feels like it's just floating there. I need some grids or lines or something dammit!  

It wouldn't be as bad if the video player was larger...

#42 Posted by maxB (289 posts) -

pretty good looking, are all whiskey sites gonna look like this?

#43 Posted by Lukeweizer (2614 posts) -

Looks great. But I'll still miss the old one.

#44 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2377 posts) -

Redesign looks sleek. Not a fan of scrolling vs. size but I like the design!

#45 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

Love it! Definitely one of the slickest website redesigns I've seen in awhile. A couple of kinks, but that's to be expected.

The loss of status and blog updates is a bit sad, but it looks like you still have them on your profile page, so not too bad. The "Friend's Stream" seems to be drawing from general site activity, unfortunately, but I'm fine with most of everything else.

#46 Posted by Ithryn (84 posts) -

No more Tweets from the GB crew?

#47 Posted by Zabant (1236 posts) -

Loving it. Just miss the status update bar as I don't care about featured games and would much rather know about what the people i follow are doing. But I know it isn't tailored just for me so i can deal with it.

#48 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2141 posts) -

So neat to have a video playing on the homepage.

#49 Posted by ThePickle (4155 posts) -

We need to get rid of the video up and front. Totally stupid to occupy so much space with one video. 

#50 Posted by xADFx (2 posts) -

Thank you for not pulling a Gawker!!!