Throdax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Throdax
No Caption Provided

Knock Knock is the name of the new game by Icepick Lodge, of Pathologic, The Void and Cargo fame.

Today they bring us a Kickstarter to help finish the development of their new game, Knock-Knock.

According to the CEO of Icepick Lodge they were asked to develop this game and I now quote from Nikolay Dybowski:

In late November, 2011, a strange and troubling event has happened to our studio. We have received an anonymous e-mail which suggested that we should produce some "unconventional" game based upon the materials attached to the letter. Such offers are a dime a dozen and most of the time they barely deserve any attention at all, however, this one seemed quite different.

The attachment contained a set of 19 files added to an archive titled "lestplay". The files (snippets of text, scraps of audio recording, video footage fragments) as well as the style and wording of the message itself appeared to be rather disturbing. The surface examination did not reveal anything straightforwardly terrifying, yet we could not escape the feeling that something truly sinister was lurking underneath.

The stranger was begging us to complete the project he has started, yet he also made us well aware of the risk we took as the proposed ludic situation would potentially explain what calamity befell whoever has compiled the ominous archive, thus urging ourselves to meet the same fate.

Help them to fulfil this stranger dream and project. Help Icepick Lodge finishing what they started before they loose the last remaining sanity they have.

How to help them? Pledge at the Kickstarter page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1535515364/knock-knock

Official forums: http://forum.ice-pick.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11426

Official Knock-Knock site: http://knock.ice-pick.com/art.html

Feel free to discuss your expectations and comments about the game.

Thank you.

(I am in no away member or affiliate of Icepick Lodge. I'm just a fan of their work)

Chroma_Auron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Chroma_Auron

It looks great! Sounds like it will be easy to play but difficult to survive.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Animasta

I love how you're always there to post something by Ice Pick Lodge (you've got the most wiki points for the void afaik)

it seems a little silly, I never did like cargo and was hoping they'd do something more similar to void or pathologic. oh well!

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BraveToaster

(I am in no away member or affiliate of Icepick Lodge. I'm just a fan of their work)

Yeah, sure...

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Animasta

@BraveToaster said:

Yeah, sure...

nah just a really big super fan (after all there aren't a whole lot of people in their studio)

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ajamafalous

PLEDGE $5 OR MORE
Thanks for your support! You will get a free digital copy (PC or Mac) of the game at half price. In addition to the game, you will receive certain information concerning the gameplay, which will mainly cover the "dos and don'ts" of the game.
lol'd
maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By maginnovision

Pass

Throdax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Throdax

@Animasta said:

I love how you're always there to post something by Ice Pick Lodge (you've got the most wiki points for the void afaik)

it seems a little silly, I never did like cargo and was hoping they'd do something more similar to void or pathologic. oh well!

Yeah, I'm a big fan of their work and I love to see their vision come to fruition so whenever I can help spread the word on the projects I will. :)

I have 4 copies of The Void :D

KabraxisObliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KabraxisObliv

@ajamafalous said:

PLEDGE $5 OR MORE
Thanks for your support! You will get a free digital copy (PC or Mac) of the game at half price. In addition to the game, you will receive certain information concerning the gameplay, which will mainly cover the "dos and don'ts" of the game.
lol'd

Just wanted to point out that it means that the game will cost $10 when it is released. With backing it at Kickstarter you can get it at half price which is $5. :P

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By AssInAss

Backed it, I love the developer even though I still haven't finished and am so nervous when playing The Void.

Throdax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Throdax

Knock-Knock has been funded!

There is still time to reach other goals if people keep donating, spread the word.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By AssInAss

Oh wow, that's good they've attained independence.

Let's just hope it's not as buggy as The Void. Oh what am I talking about, it's a Russian game! Drew + Dave + Vinny QL, yes please.

Throdax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Throdax

Knock-Knock has been officialy funded and the Kickstarter is over.

The total pledged as 41k + 1.2k from PayPal + 5k from the Russian PayPal.

Congrats IPL. Now makes us a game!

joerjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joerjoe

well, It is an interesting game. I think I will play this. Thanks for the info.

Military Knives