#1 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
 http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/inception/

Word is that Nolan wanted to do a film before commuting or anything for batman 3. They are set to make a batman 3 announcement in Jan.

This film looks really great. It reminds me so much of Memento which was such ha complex and fantastic film.
#2 Posted by Slippy (735 posts) -

Nolan is God. DiCaprio is The Man. Cotillard is the most beautiful woman in Hollywood. Watanabe is the Samuel L. Jackson of Nippon. 

This film is going to own 2010.

#3 Posted by dhuff (120 posts) -

Movie looks a little off (pause for uproarious laughter) but seriously I look forward to seeing it.  Tip your waitress.

#4 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I'm totally fine with him never going back to Batman. Big fans of his oneoffs. The costume bullshit can wait.

#5 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

It'll be good, I know it will be. It looks like a lot will be going on, but I can't wait. Leo and Nolan can't screw this up. Leo looks like he will have a great 2010: Shutter Island and Inception.

Martin Scorsese is directing Shutter Island, and he is a pretty damn good director.

#6 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

On the other hand I totally want to see how Bale the auteur completely hams it up in all new ways without a great villain/tragic death to distract people.

#7 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3091 posts) -

Nolan always makes very good mindfuck movies. Look forward to seeing this one multiple times.

#8 Posted by Slippy (735 posts) -
@ryanwho:  

Bale is teaming up with Scorsese for a new film in 2011 - it's almost like he did a trade with Nolan. Bale is a good actor who just has the misfortune of a tarnished public image and choosing some really shitty roles lately (John Conner, Melvin Purvis). He can act - American Psycho, The Machinest and Harsh Times all prove this - but he's on a slippery slope towards becoming Hollywood's new typecast.
#9 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" On the other hand I totally want to see how Bale the auteur completely hams it up in all new ways without a great villain/tragic death to distract people. "
That's a little unfair.  He was brilliant in The Machinist and The Prestige, let alone his sterling performance in Empire of the Sun (the whole cast were electrifying).  He suffers from Cruise Syndrome (including the insanity) and so gets typecast too often.
#10 Posted by JCGamer (663 posts) -

Can't wait for the movie.  I loved every one of Nolan's films--except for Insomnia.  That one was a bore.