#1 Posted by camp7203 (121 posts) -

Hi GB! New member here and I wanted to introduce myself. Been a gamer for as long as I can remember, although I'm starting to become very cynical towards the current state of the industry. I still fire up my old 3DO, TurboDuo, and my NES and play the games I know hold up even without the graphical horsepower, as well as play 360 and ps3 games whenever time allows. Although I have my complaints about these systems, I do enjoy them. I check this site fairly often and I thought it's high time I became a member and started chiming in! Anyways, hello everyone!

#2 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

Welcome

#3 Posted by cutyoface (544 posts) -

Welcome, Duder.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@camp7203 said:

I'm starting to become very cynical towards the current state of the industry. I still fire up my old 3DO

There's a connection to be made there, but I can't tease it out.

#5 Posted by camp7203 (121 posts) -

lol I think 3DO had 3 games that were playable, not counting DEX haha. Return Fire, Road Rash, and Wing Commander.

#6 Posted by Sackmanjones (4688 posts) -

Howdy

#7 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Your avatar is terrifying.

#8 Posted by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

Welcome!

What does your username mean?

#9 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

We're all cynical too.

#10 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

James fucking Brown. Welccome

#11 Posted by yoshisaur (2701 posts) -

I hate your avatar. Otherwise, welcome! I'm sure you'll fit in with all the other cynical brats we have here!

#12 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Welcome, man. If you don't already, I'm sure you will come to love Vinny. It's impossible not to, right?

#13 Posted by ahgunsillyo (448 posts) -

Hi!

#14 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@camp7203 said:

I still fire up my old 3DO, TurboDuo, and my NES [...]

The newblood is bringin' the street cred!

For monsieur's audiovisual pleasure, the chef has prepared a special menu:

Giant Bombcast - Weekly podcast, updated every Tuesday. The first 15 minutes or so of this week's Bombcast are particularly great.
Endurance Run archive - Members of the staff play through AN ENTIRE GODDAMN GAME! Personally, I enjoyed the Persona 4 Endurance Run the best.

Welcome to to the site, duder!

#15 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

@camp7203: Welcome duder, you've got a lot of videos to watch and catch up on!

I personally reccomend the dragonball evolution quick look.

#16 Posted by Apocralyptic (164 posts) -

@camp7203: Welcome! I remember back when I joined, I got some interesting comments on my welcome thread. Well, it was actually a mix of interesting comments along with sketches of anthropomorphized piles of excrement sporting enormous genitalia.

You know, it's funny, at PAX East when I finally met some of you folks in person, I said that one of the reasons I liked this site was because people were friendly. The universal response I got from every duder was... "Friendly? Really??"

#17 Posted by MoseSSesoM (235 posts) -

Hi.

#18 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

Welcome to Giant Bomb, duder!