New member here, a few quick questions!

yakuzademon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1. I use the podcast app Downcast on iOS to listen to all my podcasts. Where can I find my unique link to access premium podcasts?

2. I generally like to watch videos (YouTube mainly) on my TV. How do you guys access the site on your consoles?

3. I'm still seeing ads on the site. Is this normal?

Thanks, and I look forward to the premium content! I've listened to the podcast for damn near 6 or 7 years and watched the occasional video, amd figured now was the right time to join.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37017cb2ba3
deactivated-5e37017cb2ba3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Go to the premium podcast section of the website. RSS Feed the shit out of it. The podcast-app should open it. At least on android. You should find a login section somewhere here. I use BeyondPod..

2) TV Browser? I just watch GB on my PC or Tablet

3) There should not be any ads for premium members.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3 MattyFTM  Moderator

1. The RSS feed you should be able to plug straight into most podcast apps is https://www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/premium/. It'll prompt you for your username and password. If your podcast app doesn't support you entering your username and password like that, you should be able to add the feed as https://username:password@www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/premium/

2. I don't know if the video player works on console web-browsers, but it's worth a try. Otherwise you could download the video and then play it on a device that supports MP4's (again, I'm not sure if the recent consoles do this or not).

3. Try logging out and logging back in, that should solve that issue.

vegoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I use downcast too. When adding the premium podcast RSS address there is a place to put in credentials (ID and password).

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

Hey, as for #3, I was noticing that too (also a new member), but the issues (ads) disappeared after a day or so. It may take their servers, your computer, or something some time before your new status is reflected correctly.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yakuzademon: For #2, do you have a Chromecast? The GB Video Buddy app for iOS is fantastic and has built in Chromecast support. For me it is the best way to watch GB videos on my TV.

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're premium any HTML5 web browser will work. I have a Samsung Smart TV and on Xbox One, they work fine. Otherwise, livestreams won't work. You'll need a desktop browser. I can't remember if my PS4 played videos as well.

Gerriam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@yakuzademon: For #2, do you have a Chromecast? The GB Video Buddy app for iOS is fantastic and has built in Chromecast support. For me it is the best way to watch GB videos on my TV.

^THIS