• 109 results
Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad
Ubisoft has a new Prince of Persia game on the way. It's called The Forgotten Sands, it's in development for "consoles and handhelds," and it's coming in May 2010. What else is coming out that month? I know there was something... oh, right.  

Despite the coincidence of the new game's release date to that of the movie, this doesn't look like it will be a simple movie tie-in; at least, I don't think you can expect the in-game prince to look like Jake Gyllenhaal. But he won't look like last year's rogueish non-prince, either. This game is said to be a "return to the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time storyline" and "will feature many of the fan-favorite elements from the original series as well as new gameplay innovations that gamers have come to expect from the Prince of Persia brand," in the words of the press release. Whatever elements those are. 

No Caption Provided

That's about all there is to know at this point, though we'll get a look at the game itself in a couple of weeks here when it premieres on the Spike TV Video Game Awards. Maybe I'll finally remember to fire up that Epilogue DLC for last year's game before then. 

Since we don't actually know anything concrete yet, what would you want to see in a new Sands of Time game? Let's assume "less baditude" is implicit in that question and go from there.
Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Brad
Ubisoft has a new Prince of Persia game on the way. It's called The Forgotten Sands, it's in development for "consoles and handhelds," and it's coming in May 2010. What else is coming out that month? I know there was something... oh, right.  

Despite the coincidence of the new game's release date to that of the movie, this doesn't look like it will be a simple movie tie-in; at least, I don't think you can expect the in-game prince to look like Jake Gyllenhaal. But he won't look like last year's rogueish non-prince, either. This game is said to be a "return to the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time storyline" and "will feature many of the fan-favorite elements from the original series as well as new gameplay innovations that gamers have come to expect from the Prince of Persia brand," in the words of the press release. Whatever elements those are. 

No Caption Provided

That's about all there is to know at this point, though we'll get a look at the game itself in a couple of weeks here when it premieres on the Spike TV Video Game Awards. Maybe I'll finally remember to fire up that Epilogue DLC for last year's game before then. 

Since we don't actually know anything concrete yet, what would you want to see in a new Sands of Time game? Let's assume "less baditude" is implicit in that question and go from there.
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Afroman269

The recent one was alright. Maybe the return back to the series might be good.

darknaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By darknaut

I just hope they mix things up a bit from here, or totally return to the roots. The kind of half-baked attempts aren't doing it. And I hope the movie doesn't fail either.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ryanwho

I don't really have an opinion on the new "press forward to win" PoP, but man, check out the shit eating grin on Jake's face there.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By L33tfella_H

I liked the look of the new game, but felt the platforming was a bit too 'autopilot' for my liking.

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Alphazero

He never runs out of time rewind potion.

I liked the Sands of Time games better than the new one, and I liked the new one. I'm down.

Actually, playing Assassin's Creed II I'm getting more than a little bit of my Prince of Persia fix already....

AllanIceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By AllanIceman

There, I clicked.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8  Edited By Cerza

Damn it! I was hoping it would be a follow up to last years Prince of Persia. I really liked that one (minus the ending). Hmmm since we are going back to the sands of time I'd like to see this fourth game focus on the platforming elements above all else. Since platforming has always been the heart and soul of PoP.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

I still haven't finished the last..

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Here's some hard hitting info. Since sand is already plural, the use of the word "sands" means that there will be multiple volumes of sand!

...right? 

My engleesh is no good.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By phrosnite

I like the fact that they will continue the "Sand of Time" storyline. Time rewind I missed you so much! I can't wait till next year, so many great games are coming out.
PoP FOREVER!

P.S. - The movie will be awesome. I'm serious!

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Skald

I can't imagine anything good coming of this. Ubisoft let Disney-Bruckheimer (a partnership made in hell) make a movie about it, and the series is floundering to boot.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hatking

I thought everybody really liked the new one... I mean I didn't really care for it... and I HATED the ending.  Whatever, I feel like each series should only be allowed one reboot before they have to give up and just start a new IP.  At this point really all they are selling anymore is the name right?  I think they could have called the last one anything they wanted and nobody would have really questioned it.  Is there even a overarching story going on anywhere here?  The only thing that seems consistent is some of the gameplay mechanics.
V_Ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By V_Ben

i want them to mix the storylines of old and new prince of Persia :-D i think that there would some potential awesome there :-D

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ryanwho
@extremeradical said:
" I can't imagine anything good coming of this. Ubisoft let Disney-Bruckheimer (a partnership made in hell) make a movie about it, and the series is floundering to boot. "
I think if we're being honest, this isn't a great series. This is a consistently offkilter mediocre series with one bafflingly good game that happened to get everything right. The charity they earned with Sand of Time has long since run out.
TheYear20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheYear20XX

I'm disappointed it's not a sequel to the last game, especially considering the ending(s) they gave us.

Poki3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Poki3

As much as I LOVE the Sands of Time trilogy... I think it's done and they should leave it.

I'd rather see the continuation of the new PoP storyline, since I really liked the last game.

niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By niall077

Hope they put more effert into the game then they did with that Logo. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5865c6a5c9438
deactivated-5865c6a5c9438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude I totally want the Nu metal soundtrack like in the second game, and yes I am aware that everybody else in the world hated it.

Kev-Bot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kev-Bot

I dont understand why they would go back to the sands of time storyline considering last years game was a reboot of the franchise
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Rowr
@MisuseOfLasers said:
" I'm disappointed it's not a sequel to the last game, especially considering the ending(s) they gave us. "
yeh wtf.
xAbleAssassinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By xAbleAssassinx

Anyone else surprised and impressed by Gylenhall's british accent?

Madyew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Madyew

I love the series, hopefully they won't mess it up.

Vossome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Vossome

The Sands of Time Trilogy was only good between when Sands of Time began and Sands of Time ended. Everything else — WW and TT — was garbage next to the ground-breaking original. Two out of three is a trend, so a return to that story line instead of returning to the more recent (and significantly improved) Prince of Persia is a terrible decision. 

I'm invested in those characters and that gameplay — I want more of it. Not a return to a ruined franchise. 

Foggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Foggen

The phrase "Jesus, I was a colossal prick for a while there, on that island.  What happened to me?"

Followed immediately by the response: "Who's Jesus?"

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ryanwho
@xAbleAssassinx said:
" Anyone else surprised and impressed by Gylenhall's british accent? "
Its like being in Persia irl
_Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By _Phara0h_
@K3vinkha0S said:
" I dont understand why they would go back to the sands of time storyline considering last years game was a reboot of the franchise "
Maybe because everyone thought the story sucked ass and the only redeeming quality it had was that the prince was a douchebag.
RiddleBrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RiddleBrother

if it's not the prince from the most recent game, then I straight don't give a shit.

AndrooD2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By AndrooD2

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time redone in the style of the most recent PoP perhaps?

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Keeng

I think I've reached the point where anything PoP is good to me but yeah, I would rather see a sequel to the new games over a return to the Sands of Time story. 

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jayzilla

Can we get an American actor to voice the game with a British accent while playing a character from Iran?

Shimakaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shimakaze

I miss Elika :-(

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheHBK

lol, they are running from the Prince of Persia homeless storyline.  But they should call it the official Sequel to the movie, which would be true i guess?
The Prince of Persia:  Forgotten Sands of Time, Official Game of the Official Movie of the Game Sands of Time.

Avatar image for electricboogaloo
ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#34  Edited By ElectricBoogaloo

Disappointing that they've seemingly given up on the last Prince of Persia series; I would have liked to see where the 2nd game would go. Next thing you know they'll be rebooting Assassins Creed before they bother to tie up that storyline.

Lilarcor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lilarcor

I would much rather see a sequel to the Prince of Persia game that came out last year. I really enjoyed the graphical style and the Han Solo/Princess Leia relationship between the new "Prince" and Elika. The combat could use some work, but I did think the focus on cinematic duels over constant combat was the right decision to make. It just needs fewer quick-time events, and more variety within them, so I'm not seeing the same goddamn one 30 times a fight.

I loved Sands of Time back in the day, but Warrior Within was such a massive fuckup and Two Thrones had to backpedal madly from WW, so I'd rather they just leave that story alone and work on the new one. Hopefully they're still hard at work on the 'real' Prince of Persia sequel.

RichLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RichLee
@extremeradical:Pirates of the Carribean did pretty well...
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By Snail

What about the new storyline?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Venatio

Im not really sure how to react to this, I loved the Sands of time games but they actually had an ending  

I also really liked the previous one, and the previous one had a huge fucking cliffhanger, I would much rather have a sequel to that then whatever this is     

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#39  Edited By MildMolasses
@AndrooD2 said:
"Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time redone in the style of the most recent PoP perhaps? "

I could get on board with that.  

I really liked last years PoP. It focused a lot more on what I liked from the sands of time (traversal) and less on what I hated (combat) and it was a good time all around. And as others have stated, the game's ending was shit, but I want more. Just find someone else to play the Prince. Nolan s great, but he's overexposed. Keep him as Drake and find someone else to be in your games
Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, after the lackluster port they do away with the PC version altogether. Charming. Unless they think of the PC as a console now, which would be … odd.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#41  Edited By Oni
@Rowr said:
" @MisuseOfLasers said:
" I'm disappointed it's not a sequel to the last game, especially considering the ending(s) they gave us. "
yeh wtf. "
Seriously. It would really bum me out if they didn't continue that story.
Vance_Helsing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By Vance_Helsing

I'm dumbfounded as to why they're just going to ignore the last game all of a sudden, and go "back to basics".

Mulligans are only in golf games; you can't just call out "re-do" whenever you want.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Willy105

This will be interesting. Which one will be better, the movie, or the game?

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jimbo

I really liked the most recent one actually, fair enough it wasn't much of a game, but it was still a very enjoyable experience and it looked incredible.  The 'failed double-jump' right near the end is game design genius as far as I'm concerned, and makes the strongest case for 'games as art' that I have ever seen.

Avatar image for anthony_galindo
Anthony_Galindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Anthony_Galindo

Seeing as how Sands of Time is pretty much my favorite game ever, I'm glad to hear this news. As long as it's more like Sands of Time/ The Two Thrones and less like Warrior Within I'll be happy. I do hope they eventually continue the last game's storyline though, I am really intrigued by the way everything was left off at the end.

averagegreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By averagegreg

Movie looks shit

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48  Edited By BrittonPeele

I love all 4 of the recent PoP games, and was kind of hoping for the continuation of the new series (especially, as stated, considering the ending to that game). I don't know how I feel about a sudden return to the Sands of Time storyline, great as it is.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By trophyhunter

what the fucking fuck they won't give us a new game in the prince and elika storyline? 
fuck you ubisoft

eduardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 10

#50  Edited By eduardo

The subtitle is hilarious... "oops, there was some sand we forgot to put in Sands of Time!". ;)