Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad
 Dude, Jill!
 Dude, Jill!
You know what I'd actually like to play more of? Resident Evil 5. Despite having gone through the single-player story three times--something I never, ever do anymore--I would gladly sit down and blow away a few more big weird-looking bugs in that game, and not just because I'm still lacking a few easy achievements.

Well, forget about achievements. Capcom's got some honest-to-goodness new content on the way for RE5, and it isn't more half-assed, bolted-on multiplayer modes. It's a couple of all-new single-player episodes, and some new costumes in which to swaddle your characters while you play through the new action. The first of the new episodes, called "Lost in Nightmares," is due on the Xbox 360 on February 17 next year, with the PS3 version following a day later. Here's the official description.

Previously only seen during cut scenes of the original RESIDENT EVIL 5, the first new episode titled “LOST IN NIGHTMARES”, finds BSAA agent, Chris Redfield, working with his partner, Jill Valentine, as they investigate Ozwell E. Spencer’s hideaway.  Spencer, the evil mastermind and co-founder of Umbrella Corporation, has been hiding a new evil deep within the basement of his mansion. Chris and Jill discover this grotesque evil standing in their way as the two enter deeper into the catacombs beneath the mansion.

Chris and Jill, together again! In a big, sinister mansion! It's 1996 all over!

No Caption Provided
But wait, there's more! The first round of new costumes for Chris and Sheva is due on the same day. The second, as-yet-untitled episode and costume pack will follow on March 3, along with a "refresh" of the Mercenaries mode called "Mercenaries Reunion" that, from what I can tell in the vague press release, will pack two new playable characters and two new weapon loadouts into each of these four

No pricing is listed for any of this DLC, but it's worth noting that if you don't have RE5 at all yet, Capcom will happily sell you a Gold Edition starting March 9 (or 12 in Europe) for $49.99 that includes the original game and all of this DLC action in one tidy package. While the PS3 version of the Gold Edition will pack the whole shebang onto a single Blu-ray, the 360 release will oddly consist of the original RE5 disc and a voucher for all of the new DLC. I wonder if all that content plus the base game is too much to cram into one DVD?

Anyway, here are some more screens of all the business. Who else is ready to play more RE5? 

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Brad
 Dude, Jill!
 Dude, Jill!
You know what I'd actually like to play more of? Resident Evil 5. Despite having gone through the single-player story three times--something I never, ever do anymore--I would gladly sit down and blow away a few more big weird-looking bugs in that game, and not just because I'm still lacking a few easy achievements.

Well, forget about achievements. Capcom's got some honest-to-goodness new content on the way for RE5, and it isn't more half-assed, bolted-on multiplayer modes. It's a couple of all-new single-player episodes, and some new costumes in which to swaddle your characters while you play through the new action. The first of the new episodes, called "Lost in Nightmares," is due on the Xbox 360 on February 17 next year, with the PS3 version following a day later. Here's the official description.

Previously only seen during cut scenes of the original RESIDENT EVIL 5, the first new episode titled “LOST IN NIGHTMARES”, finds BSAA agent, Chris Redfield, working with his partner, Jill Valentine, as they investigate Ozwell E. Spencer’s hideaway.  Spencer, the evil mastermind and co-founder of Umbrella Corporation, has been hiding a new evil deep within the basement of his mansion. Chris and Jill discover this grotesque evil standing in their way as the two enter deeper into the catacombs beneath the mansion.

Chris and Jill, together again! In a big, sinister mansion! It's 1996 all over!

No Caption Provided
But wait, there's more! The first round of new costumes for Chris and Sheva is due on the same day. The second, as-yet-untitled episode and costume pack will follow on March 3, along with a "refresh" of the Mercenaries mode called "Mercenaries Reunion" that, from what I can tell in the vague press release, will pack two new playable characters and two new weapon loadouts into each of these four

No pricing is listed for any of this DLC, but it's worth noting that if you don't have RE5 at all yet, Capcom will happily sell you a Gold Edition starting March 9 (or 12 in Europe) for $49.99 that includes the original game and all of this DLC action in one tidy package. While the PS3 version of the Gold Edition will pack the whole shebang onto a single Blu-ray, the 360 release will oddly consist of the original RE5 disc and a voucher for all of the new DLC. I wonder if all that content plus the base game is too much to cram into one DVD?

Anyway, here are some more screens of all the business. Who else is ready to play more RE5? 

Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Gump

Meh.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

I'm looking forward to the two new episodes, but will pass on the costume crap.  

Japanese Pricing

The Lost in Nightmares Episode

Includes the Lost in Nightmares episode, EX figures, and two characters for The Mercenaries Returns. Priced: ¥500/400MSP

Costume Pack 1

Includes two costumes, EX figures, and two characters for The Mercenaries Returns. Priced: ¥200/160MSP.

Additional Episode Title TBA  

Includes the unannounced new episode, EX figures, and two The Mercenaries Returns characters. Priced: ¥500/400MSP.

Costume Pack 2

Includes two costumes, EX figures, and two characters for The Mercenaries Returns. Priced: ¥200/160MSP.    

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By fwylo

I like the little red riding hood one with her boobs hanging out.  

Looks interesting aside from that picture though.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By OmegaPirate

Sweet! I'm always up for more resi!

Now the decision though, 

Do i pick up the episode standalone for the existing ps3 version I have. 
Or 
Do i pick up the whole package deal now i have a 360- and my girlfriend will actually gain something on her profile for playing through with me - and the slight graphical improvements. 

Well, i guess i have a few months to decide ^_^

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

Looking good, though the 2 new ''characters'' I'll bet will just be the extra costumes from Chris and Sheva.  

More importantly, I'm just so glad that it'll be released as DLC rather than some additions to some full-price release...CAPCOM have finally learn their lesson through the non-stop critiscm >8)
Curufinwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Curufinwe

I wonder how big all the DLC will be on the 360.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By EpicSteve

So is this THE Mansion or A Mansion?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yummylee
@EpicSteve said:
"So is this THE Mansion or A Mansion? "

Its just A mansion, but its an actual replica of THE mansion from what I can gather.
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fwylo
@Curufinwe said:
" I wonder how big all the DLC will be on the 360. "
I would have wondered before as well, not anymore with my 250g hd muhahaha
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Afroman269

Hmm not sure whether to wait for the PS3 version with the motion control support or just get the DLC on 360.....decisions decisions.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Milkman

Oh man...now this is tempting.

GaZZuM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By GaZZuM

I am SO behind all this DLC it's not even registered yet.....

There it is.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Linkyshinks

A few images from the thread in the forum:

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Waffles13

Looks damn good, and if those Japanese prices of $5 a pop are gonna carry over, I'll be all over this.

Plus more Jill. Hell yeah.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16  Edited By giyanks22

Wow..Sheva's tits are huge here....wtf is the Japanese obsession with boobs...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yummylee
@giyanks22 said:
"Wow..Sheva's tits are huge here....wtf is the Japanese obsession with boobs... "

A very appreciated one =P
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By TheHBK

its because they dont want to put the DLC into a DVD that you could pass along to friends and install on their HDD.  Thats what I did with Oblivion game of the year edition.
But anyway, Brad, for shame.  More RE... really?  Im going back to play RE Code Veronica, at least chris wasnt hopped up on roids and claire was actually good to play as.

Xanth93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By Xanth93

This looks really interesting. I will have to buy the DLC when it comes out. Versus Mode is entertaining, but it was half-assed... This looks like it'll be awesome.

WiqidBritt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WiqidBritt

see... this is the kind of thing they should have mentioned a long time ago, I would have held onto the game if I knew they were doing more campaign stuff

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cheapoz

I was born ready. 

Also, here's another chance for me to ask WHO'S GOT ROTTEN EGGS I NEED EM BADDDDDDD 

Gamertag: Rimfya

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Diamond

What can I say, I love those Umbrella mansions!  Mercenaries characters are cool as well, I love Mercs mode.

Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Aeterna

Not me... honestly can't care for it. 

gunharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gunharp

Any word if this stuff or a gold edition is coming to the PC?

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By Wildfire570

I'm glad that they are making new DLC for RE5 instead of that multiplayer garbage Versus DLC. I really liked that game but that Versus is completely unnecessary.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#26  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It's DLC? Sold

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheGreatGuero

JORDAN!!

Count me in. I think I'll be buying this DLC. By the way, February 17th is Michael Jordan's birthday. Just for those of you who didn't know...

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ryanwho
@Abyssfull said:
" @EpicSteve said:
"So is this THE Mansion or A Mansion? "
Its just A mansion, but its an actual replica of THE mansion from what I can gather. "
Ahaha, how contrived. Classic RE fiction.
shinyd3mon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By shinyd3mon

Huh. I might have actually thought about getting some of this stuff, you know, if RE5 wasn't one of the three games I traded in for Modern Warfare 2.

..That corset is making me feel a little bit remorseful.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By MarkWahlberg

So are those new costumes just Sexy-Red-Riding-Hood and Road Warrior silliness, or do they refer back to something?

Xanth93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Xanth93

To all those who trade in games, this is why I, for the most part, never do, unless the game is years old and I never play it anymore.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bed

SOLD. versus mode was half assed. but  a bit fun. people still play it on the PS3. oh man, this makes me want to play RE5's story mode for about.. the 12th time (i've played RE5 ALOT). 

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By iam3green

nice, idk if i still want to get this. i haven't played the game in a long time.

President_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By President_Evil

As somebody that's handle is "President_Evil," I must say that this is VERY @&$#IN' RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS.

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Crixaliz
@Linkyshinks said:
" I'm looking forward to the two new episodes, but will pass on the costume crap.  

Includes the Lost in Nightmares episode, EX figures, and two characters for The Mercenaries Returns. Priced: ¥500/400MSP

Wait does that mean if you get the Episode you get the costumes as well? Or the additional costume pack is 2 more on top of the 2 in the Episode?

Also thats pretty cheap.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Linkyshinks

@Crixaliz said:

" @Linkyshinks said:
" I'm looking forward to the two new episodes, but will pass on the costume crap.  

Wait does that mean if you get the Episode you get the costumes as well? Or the additional costume pack is 2 more on top of the 2 in the Episode?  Also thats pretty cheap. "

It 's got nothing at all to do with costumes, costumes are found in the "costume packs"  You get exactly what it states, two additional characters for the revised Mercenaries mode.
luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By luce

yyyaaaayyyyy

:D

(sheva looks boss)

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Crixaliz
@Linkyshinks: Wow! That pretty awesome considering  the Gears of War Deleted scene DLC was 1200MS and all that was some scrapped content and a couple of maps.
Stargate174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Stargate174

Oh! it is becoming DLC what a shock? how much 70% the retail price with 30% knocked of, doesn't surprise me one bit.

They even release a view 100kb code to unlock multiplayer modes but added fake stuff to make us think "yea they actually did but work into this half assed multiplayer" when they did their fcuk!

RE5 wasn't as good as 4. I hate the closed environments it is annoying, we want open world like RE4 but we get fug-e'en environments that are small and shit. 

I hope when the DLC is released that it isn't something that was taken out of the original or scrapped but reused to release another game with a view additions. Oh! yea new costumes it is only skins, it is nothing amazing!

bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bibledoctor

Being a pretty big RE Nerd this makes me giddy. I'll be buying this without a doubt.

infekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By infekt

Biohazard 5 will finally be worth buying, now that I can play as Jill!
Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Slippy

Need to know if the superior PC is getting this.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#44  Edited By sjschmidt93

Can we, uh, can we... can we walk and shoot?

copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By copycatzen

Sold 
I am still fighting to get the 100% trophies on the original and Versus
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AuthenticM

Sold on day one.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By clubsandwich
@EpicSteve said:
" So is this THE Mansion or A Mansion? "
well, looks a lot like THE Mansion, me like. Could this mean........zombies? God, if it is, I'll blow everyone working on this project.

can't fucking wait! :D
lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By lightsoda

As long as I get more Jill, I'm happy.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points