New show ideas

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lemon360

What do you think if GB gets a new show where the guys make weekly videos about really fun awesome games from the past (NES-N64) that not to many people have heard about or played? What do you think of this idea? Got something better? Well post it!!

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Nah, Im fine. Not feeling creative now. Someone else probably will.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By gingertastic_10

i do like that idea, bring a little nostalgia to the site with some of the older games...make it kinda like the endurence runs, where they do daily or weekly episodes, id watch 'em

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By StarFoxA
lemon360 said:
"What do you think if GB gets a new show where the guys make weekly videos about really fun awesome games from the past (NES-N64) that not to many people have heard about or played? What do you think of this idea? Got something better? Well post it!!"
Wow, that's not a complete rip-off of Screwattack's Video Game Vault.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I dunno, but my favorite thing right now is the Endurance runs also, more quick looks!

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MasturbatingBear
StarFoxA said:
"lemon360 said:
"What do you think if GB gets a new show where the guys make weekly videos about really fun awesome games from the past (NES-N64) that not to many people have heard about or played? What do you think of this idea? Got something better? Well post it!!"
Wow, that's not a complete rip-off of Screwattack's Video Game Vault."
Yea but those are like quick 2 minute things about random games, I thought he meant something long like a 10-15 minute vid bout old games. But unfortunately talking bout old games like that doesn't seem like something the Giant Bomb guys would do. And does it really matter? I mean there is so much content already.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By StarFoxA
MasturbatingBear said:
"StarFoxA said:
"lemon360 said:
Yea but those are like quick 2 minute things about random games, I thought he meant something long like a 10-15 minute vid bout old games. But unfortunately talking bout old games like that doesn't seem like something the Giant Bomb guys would do. And does it really matter? I mean there is so much content already."
I always fall behind on the Endurance Runs. D:
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ
StarFoxA said:
"lemon360 said:
Speaking of which, some top 10 videos might be fun. it wasnt all that long ago that those top lists were all the rage on this site.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Player1
TheMustacheHero said:
"I dunno, but my favorite thing right now is the Endurance runs also, more quick looks!"
WAY MORE QUICK LOOKS. You know they have the games, and quick looks are by far my favorite way to watch games being played on the internet. People will hate me for this...but why can't they spend a little less time on the endurance run....and give us some more quick looks?

For the record, I enjoy the endurance run, but do they have to come out with episodes so often? 
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MasturbatingBear
Player1 said:
"TheMustacheHero said:
"I dunno, but my favorite thing right now is the Endurance runs also, more quick looks!"
WAY MORE QUICK LOOKS. You know they have the games, and quick looks are by far my favorite way to watch games being played on the internet. People will hate me for this...but why can't they spend a little less time on the endurance run....and give us some more quick looks?

For the record, I enjoy the endurance run, but do they have to come out with episodes so often? 
"
Lol thats the whole point though. Every day. The whole  thing is if they miss a day they potentially quit the endurance run. Thats kinda the endurance part of it. Like for some reason they dont do a day, like they are bored of it, they endured as much as they could.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Player1
MasturbatingBear said:
"Player1 said:
"TheMustacheHero said:

"
Lol thats the whole point though. Every day. The whole  thing is if they miss a day they potentially quit the endurance run. Thats kinda the endurance part of it. Like for some reason they dont do a day, like they are bored of it, they endured as much as they could."
Oh. hah never really looked at it that way...but at first did they go everyday like this? See I don't watch every episode, so I wouldn't know.
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Well they do, every weekday. Weekends they take off. And I assume don't film any endurance runs. And this was the pattern they started with I believe my first episode was like episode 2 or 4 I think, when you first see king moron.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Hamz

I think if they did a show on a weekly basis, perhaps a 20 minute segment at most, covering a few 'old school' games from way back before the Playstation generation it might help not only inform and educate those young games fanatics who grew up with N64's or Xbox's. But also get some people interested in filling out the Wiki pages for more older games which have perhaps not received the attention they deserve.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14  Edited By SoothsayerGB

I love that we make their job consist of playing even more games.

Community inspired Death Matches.  We vote weekly on games.  Then the GB staff battles each other in a bracket style mini tournament.  In order to determine the world champion.

Giant Bombs makes a lot of videos.  How about some Bloopers!?

Community challenges.  Staff tells, we game.  Record send in videos of our win.

Wet T-Shirt co....

Hausdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hausdog

I love their video reviews. It seems like they've moved to an all-text format, unfortunately.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By penguindust

Sounds like a video version of 1UP's Retronauts.  I'm not excited by the idea too much because once they cover old games, there aren't too many easy ways to then go out and try the game for yourself.  It might work from time to time, such as when a new version of a classic franchise is about to hit the market, but I'm not too sure I'd be tuning in on a weekly basis otherwise.

I'd rather see a "hidden gems" show about games people might have missed the first time through.  Or a show called "This Game for Rent" about games not really worth a full priced purchase, but probably worth some time as a rental.  Also a full show devoted to downloadable games and DLC would be interesting.  In all of these cases, the games whould be relatively easy to pick up in stores or online today.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By lemon360
Hausdog said:
"I love their video reviews. It seems like they've moved to an all-text format, unfortunately."
Well theyre able to convey more information and organize their thoughts better through text.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiggerBomb

I'd just like to see more Quick Looks and video reviews.

Edit: Oh, and that behind-the-scenes video was pretty cool. Nothing on a weekly basis, but once in awhile some of those would be neat.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#19  Edited By Vinchenzo

We need the following video, but instead of this dude, do each member of the GB staff.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By PowerSerj
Vinchenzo said:
"We need the following video, but instead of this dude, do each member of the GB staff. 
"
Waayyyyyy too narcissistic. And douchey.