#301 Posted by planetfunksquad (416 posts) -

Ok, Im in. It was using my old username as a login. I had to change it cause it had naughty, naughty language in it. DONT BAN ME FROM THE BETA THOUGH, YEAH?

#302 Posted by Demoskinos (14777 posts) -

The new podcast player is DOPE AS FUCK. HOLY SHIT.

#303 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Uh, all I'm seeing is the old site. How are you guys seeing the new site? @Demoskinos: @planetfunksquad:

#304 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

I'M IN!

#305 Posted by mrpibb (470 posts) -

hey guys, the site was taking a bit load so we've thrown some more machines at it. If you're one of the lucky users who got in, post bugs in the beta's bug forum.

have fun!

#306 Posted by Sterling (2162 posts) -

I love it!

#307 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

@dungbootle said:

Oh lord, this uses a version of my profile that only has about 600 wiki points. I gotta get confirmation for edits still.

Same here!

@Aegon said:

My thread is now un-replyable and I can't post a new one until some unspecified amount of time is up. Yahoo.

Just ran into that myself, although it's only the latter part.

Guys, this is going amazing already.

#308 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

How can I be in? I want to be in.

#309 Edited by Rafaelfc (1332 posts) -

it's good unfortunately the new video player does not work at all on an external monitor on a mac... edge case maybe (sigh)

#310 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@dungbootle said:

It's not a switch, y'all. The beta is right over here:

http://seaserpent.giantbomb.com/

Non-functioning link is non-functioning. Or do I just refresh until I brute force my way in? Ladies hate it when I do that.

#311 Posted by Demoskinos (14777 posts) -
#312 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@dungbootle said:

It's not a switch, y'all. The beta is right over here:

http://seaserpent.giantbomb.com/

Non-functioning link is non-functioning. Or do I just refresh until I brute force my way in? Ladies hate it when I do that.

Brute force is the way to go.

#313 Posted by Baillie (4081 posts) -

Wait a minute, I'm not allowed to go in, even though I've been a member since the start, stopped for a a week and went back? Wow. Bullshit.

#314 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

YES! First thing to do: put that shit in black.

#315 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Dave said that people who became subscribers after thanksgiving won't be able to enter yet.

#316 Posted by RenegadeDoppelganger (407 posts) -

Kept gettin 500'd

Erased /login/ from the url

brought me to a login page

logged in

New site

#317 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19330 posts) -

Did they remove the most recent threads of "Favorite Forums" from the bottom of the main page? That was so handy for me.

#318 Edited by Snail (8595 posts) -

WHY CAN'T I GET IN YET.

EDIT: I'M IN NOW HOLY SHIT THIS IS SO EXCITING.

#319 Posted by Patman99 (1579 posts) -

@RenegadeDoppelganger: That worked for me too!

#320 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

Do you have to activate the account through the link I got from an e-mail? That link gives me a 404 every time.

Profile Status: I have 3 less wiki points, 3 less followers but a lot more forum posts (like a thousand more).

#321 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1421 posts) -

The first thing I did was go and watch a video because of the pinned video thing. I clicked on Latest for the comments and what did I see? A Johnny V head/bomb loading icon. Love it!

#322 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1035 posts) -

Got in. Tits. "Light" doesn't fuck my eyes anymore. Still sticking with "Dark" though.

#323 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

So how does blogging work on the new site? I mean, I don't have a good idea of how long to wait before blogging again, and what am I supposed to do with all my code from before?

#324 Edited by readymix (175 posts) -
#325 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

Those who don't pay for a premium membership should make a forum post here to find shelter against the rich duders who are in the beta.

#326 Posted by kerikxi (540 posts) -

@SerHulse said:

@CaLe: I got on by getting rid of the "/login/" of the URL

Confirmed, it will redirect you to the login page just fine. Come join the mayhem everyone!

#327 Posted by Aegon (5541 posts) -

Yeah, now I can't connect to seaserpent at all. That sounds kind of cool.

WE'VE LOST CONTACT WITH S.E.A. SERPENT!

#328 Posted by kerikxi (540 posts) -

@Winternet: Dave just posted on Twitter to ignore that email. Doesn't do anything.

#329 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Heey, the white version didn't ruin my eyes for a good few months. 
Will be sticking with the dark version though, I'm used to it so it just fits. 

Overall, it looks great. 

#330 Posted by Nux (2334 posts) -

Yeah the new site looks great.The first thing was make a dumb topic because why not? I am really looking forward to checking out the new video features.

#331 Edited by mlarrabee (2927 posts) -

How does one enter the beta?

EDIT: Nevahmind.

#333 Posted by face15 (1297 posts) -

@mlarrabee said:

How does one enter the beta?

EDIT: Nevahmind.

NOT NEVAHMIND! HOW DO I GET IN!

#334 Posted by Winternet (8014 posts) -

@kerikxi: Ok, thanks. (how weird is it to have to post in two different forums?)

#335 Edited by mlarrabee (2927 posts) -
#336 Posted by face15 (1297 posts) -

@mlarrabee: Choice. Thanks.

#337 Posted by Daneian (1228 posts) -

@RenegadeDoppelganger said:

Kept gettin 500'd

logged in

New site

This.

#338 Posted by Bob_Loblaw (110 posts) -

No matter what URL I try, or a solid half hour of refreshing gets me anything but a 500 error after the login page.

#339 Posted by Seroth (717 posts) -

Still no option to select video quality for "streaming" video? "Auto" just makes it low quality for me, and HTML5 video doesn't seem to work well for me. I'm sad.

#340 Posted by cclemon36 (180 posts) -

Kept gettin 500'd

logged in

New site

Great! Thanks a bunch.

#341 Posted by Bubbly (253 posts) -

So does a "403 Forbidden" after I login mean that I'm one of the lucky people who has to wait? My subscription ended right on Thanksgiving (Nov 22) and I renewed it on the 26th. Bummer if so since I was really looking forward to the new video player. The streaming player is kinda sucky because of all the blockiness and the HTML5 player just straight up refuses to stream video when I select HD. Looking at the post above though it seems that I may still get problems. Youtube is fine, although their vids tend to have worse compression compared to other channels.

#342 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

@cclemon36 said:

Kept gettin 500'd

logged in

New site

Great! Thanks a bunch.

Yes! I've made it inside!

#343 Posted by alexisg (382 posts) -

Engineers are working on the 500 login problem.We think it has to do with the new authentication that we use. We are working on it.

@Seroth said:

Still no option to select video quality for "streaming" video? "Auto" just makes it low quality for me, and HTML5 video doesn't seem to work well for me. I'm sad.

Curious to know what browser you are using for HTML5? I assume you are using Chrome or Safari? Once this all settles down we can take a look at what might be causing you to only get low video for stream. Eventually the player will allow you to skip around in progressive mode but that might be a month or two off. This is the main reason as to why the player when working correctly will behave in this manner. Stream for people's whose bandwidth is not great, and Progressive for users who want to select their bitrate and also skip around at will (which is how the html5 player works).

Staff
#344 Posted by Xeirus (1298 posts) -

@alexisg said:

Engineers are working on the 500 login problem.We think it has to do with the new authentication that we use. We are working on it.

@Seroth said:

Curious to know what browser you are using for HTML5? I assume you are using Chrome or Safari? Once this all settles down we can take a look at what might be causing you to only get low video for stream. Eventually the player will allow you to skip around in progressive mode but that might be a month or two off. This is the main reason as to why the player when working correctly will behave in this manner. Stream for people's whose bandwidth is not great, and Progressive for users who want to select their bitrate and also skip around at will (which is how the html5 player works).

It's the other way around for me. Streaming seems to lock up when I try to use it. But when I use HTML it works flawlessly

#345 Posted by CbSnipersClub (1 posts) -

Bad move

#346 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -
@MODernChris

So does a "403 Forbidden" after I login mean that I'm one of the lucky people who has to wait? My subscription ended right on Thanksgiving (Nov 22) and I renewed it on the 26th. Bummer if so since I was really looking forward to the new video player. The streaming player is kinda sucky because of all the blockiness and the HTML5 player just straight up refuses to stream video when I select HD. Looking at the post above though it seems that I may still get problems. Youtube is fine, although their vids tend to have worse compression compared to other channels.

I guess so, I'm getting the 403 page as well. We'll be able to access the site in 2 days.
#347 Posted by Sparklykiss (1955 posts) -

Okay. Now that I've taken a break for pony, gif, and Dick Grayson spam...

I know it's been said before, but that podcast player is glorious and holy shit, I love you guys sometimes.

Keyword: SOMETIMES.

#348 Posted by Trainer_Red (314 posts) -

@Sparklykiss: Dick Grayson spam?

#349 Posted by snarekick (97 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@snarekick

are there any preview pics or videos of what it's gonna look like?

Google: DICKS : SAFE SEARCH : OFF.

http://bit.ly/vE4mKQ

#350 Edited by The_Nubster (2098 posts) -

It keeps telling me that it can't find an active account under my name. I don't think that's accurate.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm lonely and a fuck-up.