#1 Edited by vikingdeath1 (953 posts) -

I miss the 8 or so forum threads that were listed at the bottom of the front page, any way to get that back?

EDIT: after looking over the site some, the only other thing that I Really want is to be able to click a video to pause AND play, only reason I ever used the youtube video player. That and being able to double-click to fullscreen.

#2 Posted by LevelUpAdrian (162 posts) -

Thoughts? Slow.*

As for forums at the bottom of the front page, I'd love that to come back.

(* Yes I know the site just launched and that's why it's slow).

#3 Edited by TooWalrus (13161 posts) -

This place is different. It's special. The others don't want to talk about it because it scares them, but we all know it. We all feel it. Is your white rabbit a hallucination? Probably- but what if everything that happened here, happened for a reason?

#6 Edited by believer258 (11785 posts) -

New site! Yay!

But it's like I'm on 56k!

That totally rhymed.

#7 Posted by Picsl (201 posts) -

Love the design, hope they do a video explaining some of the less obvious new features.

#8 Posted by eagle6002 (47 posts) -

The design is good, but everyone is sooooooooooooooo slow.

#9 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

I think I like it, but it's running pretty freakin slow.

But I suppose that's to be expected.

#10 Edited by Obinice (275 posts) -

My body is ready, as is my browser. Sure the site's slow, it just got launched, that's cool.

FYI if you can't get at the live shows (when the aliens QL was on earlier, the /chat page told me there was no live show while there was), you can get to it through http://twitch.tv/giantbomb ! I think there's another show on at around 11PM GMT tonight, Breaking Brad.

#11 Posted by phantomzxro (1571 posts) -

A rough launch to say the least it need some work. But i can see with a few updates it will return to form and be pretty cool. This design reminds me of polygon's site a little.

#12 Posted by MegaMetaTurtle (414 posts) -

I usually use the mobile site, and I think I prefer it :/

Not being able to see user avatars kind of sucks, and some of the text overlaps, but I'll get used to it :)

#13 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Seems fine!

#14 Posted by Musou (381 posts) -

Really digging it so far, can't wait to use it when it's more stable, but looks real good so far!

#15 Posted by Pkshields (810 posts) -

Front page still looks too big for my laptop screen, but the mobile site looks badass.

#16 Posted by andrewf87462 (554 posts) -

It's looking awesome to me!

#17 Posted by Nictel (2406 posts) -

Awesome, I really like some of the techniques they used.

#18 Edited by isomeri (1253 posts) -

Finally!

#19 Posted by believer258 (11785 posts) -

I tried to edit my post up there, but it messed up.

Anyway, it's great! I used it a little bit on Seaserpent but the sheer fucking insanity over there just made me go "eh". I didn't visit there much after a bit, but the site layout was awesome then and, considering it looks the same, is still awesome.

The only real issue seems to be stability problems. A little while ago, I would have to reload a page multiple times and pray that it worked each time, and most of the time it didn't; seems like now, the only issue is that things are taking a long time to load. Except for this PM that I'm trying to get into to post in, links seem fine as of this posting.

#20 Posted by Flacracker (1654 posts) -

Is this the real life?

#22 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

So is there no way to see what board a forum thread is for e.g. Dead Space 3 under a thread title for a thread on the DS3 board, unless you actually click the thread? That's pretty lame if so.

#23 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4192 posts) -

I like it!

I'm wondering: do they forums have instant update? Like, you just see a post go up, as you type? Or do you still have to F5?

#24 Edited by RinSatori (752 posts) -

Slow.. but that will work itself out. love the new design.

#25 Edited by PufferFiz (1379 posts) -

I see a lot of stuff missing from the wiki. :(

#26 Edited by Kidavenger (3530 posts) -

I'm not an achievement whore, but I think the loss of that feature and the interesting data it provided was worth more than anything that may have been gained.

I am looking forward to future improvements now that they don't have to spend all their time recreating the site.

#27 Edited by quirkwood (183 posts) -

Error 500s all over the shop. Looks pretty nice, except I can't seem to edit wiki entries without it wigging out on me.

"whoops somtehing happened we are working on it".... Did you guys leave your "Top Men" back at the old office? ;)

#28 Edited by Demoskinos (14757 posts) -

Little rough around the edges right now but in the end it will be for the better.

#29 Edited by Warfare (1633 posts) -

The King is dead. Long live the King.

#30 Edited by Brendan (7753 posts) -

It's super slow, but it's all good.

#31 Edited by jimmyfenix (3852 posts) -

We are back baby

#32 Edited by mlarrabee (2922 posts) -

I 500ed six or so times trying to view this thread, but it's all cool...

I am hoping the successors to achievements and trophies get integrated, though. I like stats. Here's to Microsoft and Sony making their APIs easier to work with (and, no, I don't know what I'm talking about, I've just heard that the current APIs are buggers).

EDIT: And something failed while trying to post this. Let's try this again...

#33 Edited by Grelik (147 posts) -

My knee jerk criticisms to the mobile site (which is the main reason I sub) are:

1. (My biggest complaint the rest are nitpicky). Forum topics do not show the forum in which they are posted to...This is huge for me determining whether or not I want to click into a topic or its relevance to me.A topic titled "How could they do this to the combat?!" Posted under the forum "care bear adventures" doesn't interest me in the slightest, where as if it were posted under a game I'm very interested in, it would definitely be something that I'd want to read.I think this is a huge function to lose, even if its so simple and small.

2.No button (that i an see) to simply reply to a specific post in the thread (where you'd specifically @ the person who posted)

3. No avatars shown bothers me,I've become accustomed to the regulars and the avatars they use and also helps give a quick visual when reading through topics to identify who's replying.

(Found this one pretty quick, again "knee jerk" reactions")
4. I prefer darker sites, theyre easier on the eyes (and battery life of my phone).But meh I'm not willing to fight that especially as a dark skin will probably come along soon enough if it isn't already a feature I've missed.

Regardless. I look forward to seeing what they do with the site.

#34 Edited by Bismark (7 posts) -

I'm on OS X Mountain Lion and my browser is Firefox. Anyone know if there is a way to set the video player to use a conventional full screen mode? It really bugs me that it uses the Mission Control full screen method.

And this is just me being nit-picky but i wish i could rearrange it so that the video player is on the left with the text to the right while the player isn't full screen. The new site uses a pretty unconventional layout and it's just really weird to look at.

#35 Edited by gla55jAw (2687 posts) -

It's working! More than the main page!

#36 Edited by Zereta (1365 posts) -

Warming up to it. I like it though so that's a great start!

#37 Edited by 49th (2727 posts) -

Sad that mini bios are gone, also no threads of front page - that's dumb.

Aside from that it seems quite nice. Also, my post count just went up by about 120 for some reason.

#38 Posted by Fobwashed (1984 posts) -

AHHHHHH!!! The White!! It's BLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDING!!!!! HSssssssSsssSssSSsssss.. . . .

#39 Posted by Dagbiker (6964 posts) -

Its going to be hard to remember that this site is the mature, moderated site, and that I should not, and can not respond to every post with a crappy giantbomb meme.

#40 Posted by Chibithor (574 posts) -

So is there no way to see what board a forum thread is for e.g. Dead Space 3 under a thread title for a thread on the DS3 board, unless you actually click the thread? That's pretty lame if so.

Yeah that can't be right.

#41 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -

i am really digging the forum design. i don't know how i feel about the profile redesign and that there's no box for status updates, but i'll get used to it i guess.

#42 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

Same as everyone else: miss the forum posts at the bottom and the site (even in beta) runs slower than the old design on my 2006ish laptop.

#43 Posted by villainy (556 posts) -

Stability has suddenly improved but I say my favorite part is that the comment loading animation is still the JV/bomb GIF. If the 500 page was just a blown up version of that I'd be happy.

#44 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1765 posts) -

Rough. A bit slow, and I'm getting errors over 50% of the time I click on a link.

I think I might check back in a couple days to see if it has smoothed out.

#45 Edited by Weltal (2273 posts) -

Whoops, something's wrong. T_T

Otherwise it's pretty sweet, but Black Site is still better than White Site

#46 Edited by mak_wikus (515 posts) -

Add pausing/playing with spacebar to the video player and we're golden. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the gallery stuff. When I'm in an image section it's cool, but I don't need it when I want to see a bigger screenshot in a review. I like clicking to open and then clicking again wherever to close.

#47 Edited by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

After having issues trying to sign in to my profile, I'm just happy that I got on.

#48 Posted by Ezakael (931 posts) -

I really like the design so far (When it works but that's to be expected considering it's the first day).

#49 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4706 posts) -

When the site decides to work it looks nice, although I'm not thrilled that the Site Activity feature is gone because apparently a twitter feed is much more important.

#50 Posted by Toxin066 (3277 posts) -

It will always be seaserpent in my heart.