NEW SITE HAS ARRIVED! Thoughts?

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Wraith1

it's slow at times, some posts not going through, and I have to refresh the page some times, other than that new site is okay

kinapuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By kinapuff

While I did dabble some over at seaserpent and was thoroughly impressed, I'm glad I waited till they released the full site. Definitely impressed so far!

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By c_rakestraw

Like it. Bit a slow, of course, but the general function and design of it all is great.

Also: loving the 50 posts per page display in threads.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By white_sox

It feels like I am on a comment section of a news article. I haven't used the rest of the site to comment on its functionality.

I think they got rid of achievement tracking too, which is a feature I will miss.

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I really wish there was that forums thing at the bottom of the page, feel like I won't post as much without it. Other than that though, it looks great.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I like most of it. I still don't like that there's no forum feed on the main page, but the general design of everything is pretty slick. Now hopefully it just stays stable.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MetalGearSunny

It's pretty awesome. Looks a lot prettier.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Pezen

Overall I really dig the new design. However I am not as much of a fan of the overly simplistic look of forums/comments. Especially on the phone, just squares of text and barely noticable usernames and no avatars (on mobile site that is).

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#59  Edited By Video_Game_King

It seems to be stabilizing, but you never know...

G24S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#60  Edited By G24S

505, 502, 500 and "Whoops, something's wrong. T_T" shows up regularly for me.

Avatar image for librorumprohibitorum
LibrorumProhibitorum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's obviously slow and full of errors as it has just went live, but the overall design is really stunning. It's so stylish. This new site has kind of made me realize how cluttered and all over the place the old site was.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By Winternet

What is this "February 12, 2013 at 5:55 PM" wackiness? a) that's not my time zone b) "posted x minutes ago" made more sense.

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SpacePenguin

It seems really cool. Only thing that I miss is the forum posts at the bottom, but that's not really a big deal.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

It's day one, so everything is very slow. I don't think I'm a fan of it in general, but I'll get used to it because I love everything about the site... just not the site design itself D:

EDIT: Well, I really don't like how squished and busy posts in threads (like a'this one!) look. However, zooming out to 90% zoom on my browser makes everything a whole lot easier on the eyes.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By Hector

Rough start, but I am loving the new look and feel of the site!

Hawkerace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan of the new site, I probably will be very reluctant to resub for that extra content. Was an interesting year though. Not a fan of the weird tablet sized dimensions and everything being squished to the left. That's just like my opinion, man. But obviously you gotta keep your site current, I guess.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's up. It works. I like the new text editor.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks perdy. A little weirded out by the fact that it defaulted to white for me though.

b_philip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it! I am having the hardest time deciding on a banner image though. Everything i pick is the wrong size!

evilrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan of the new site, I probably will be very reluctant to resub for that extra content. Was an interesting year though. Not a fan of the weird tablet sized dimensions and everything being squished to the left. That's just like my opinion, man. But obviously you gotta keep your site current, I guess.

I'm with you on everything important being pushed to the left, don't like it, but I guess it's just a matter of time to get comfortable with.

PHenry1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By PHenry1991

Not a fan? But maybe that'll change with time. I don't know. Change just takes time to sink in for me. Though what I find a little bit bothersome is, that a topic I started today, now ceases to exist. So there's that.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

I like the new from three months ago website very much.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm almost never the person who says this but...I really don't like it. The white has to go. The forum threads look bad. It just looks like a hot mess honestly. I don't know what's wrong with the old site. I'll get used to it I'm sure, but ugh...

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

word to your mother

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Its a little slow. And I dont like that I dont know what forum a thread is attached to.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't like the red on black for peoples user names in the forums, would prefer them to bring back the green, blue, white and red for peoples user names, don't like how the forums are hiding away now, don't like how all I see when I load up the site is 3 big squares. Don't really like anything to be honest. The old design was fine and functional, my views might change when they use the new chat in live streams.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#77  Edited By NoobSauceG7

So slow! And they need to put back the 8 most recent forum topics at the bottom of the page and the black version isn't working for me. So, yeah.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Oh god all my images are gone. I didn't know they weren't going to carry over. Fuuuuuuuuuuu oh well.

@chibithor

said:

@hitchenson

said:

So is there no way to see what board a forum thread is for e.g. Dead Space 3 under a thread title for a thread on the DS3 board, unless you actually click the thread? That's pretty lame if so.

Yeah that can't be right.

Also this. The new forum layout isn't very good overall, but this is my main problem with it at the moment.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a little slow. And I dont like that I dont know what forum a thread is attached to.

Yeah, that should be an easy fix though.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I really do like the new site now that I've got to use it now proper. I do agree with the sentiment that they should add showing what game or forum a topic is from. That is my big gripe so far other than that I'm fine with everything else.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I like the larger focus on user highlighted content. Although what's up with white being the default? My eyes were seared.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seaserpent listed forums just fine. I assume the lack of game/forum names is a bug caused by thousands of people trying to log in at once.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So slow!And they need to put back the 8 most recent forum topics at the bottom of the page and the black version isn't working for me.So, yeah.

Yeah I miss the most recent topics.

I had problems getting to the new site (bunch of 500 errors) but once I did it's been running pretty quickly...might just be launch day slowdowns I guess?

Black version works for me and it's SEXY AS FUCK. Got to the new page and clicked around a bit but it didn't feel good to me until I made it black, then it felt like I was coming home and it was beautiful.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#85  Edited By Tennmuerti

So is there no way to see what board a forum thread is for e.g. Dead Space 3 under a thread title for a thread on the DS3 board, unless you actually click the thread? That's pretty lame if so.

This.

It was really convenient seeing at a glance what topics belonged where, especially when it came to game particular sub forums.

Would dearly love this to come back

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also its really hard to see the quote boxes and I really think they need to bring back the colour coding for peoples user names. The forums are really just ugly to look at.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a dedicated thread for bugs and such? I can only login from my shitty laptop, and not from my living room desktop where I prefer to watch video content, it being hooked up to my television and all.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm almost never the person who says this but...I really don't like it. The white has to go. The forum threads look bad. It just looks like a hot mess honestly. I don't know what's wrong with the old site. I'll get used to it I'm sure, but ugh...

you can change it to black by clicking on the thing by your username next to your PMs.

marblecmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

My thought is that it looks pretty.

Lanceuppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss the 8 or so forum threads that were listed at the bottom of the front page, any way to get that back?

Wondering this myself, would like to see that added in.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Max_Cherry

I'm alive!

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I miss the 8 or so forum threads that were listed at the bottom of the front page, any way to get that back?

This is my gut reaction as well.

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Arebuckle

The only problem I have with it right now, is the lack of the board that a thread belongs to on the forum list. Thread titles are nowhere near descriptive enough to know what people are talking about immediately. And I don't feel like opening nearly every thread just to see if the contents are relevant to my interests.

Other than that, so far so good. Can't really judge it properly until it becomes more stable and I have a proper look around.

Edit : Oh yeah, there's no Schedule anymore either. I kind of miss that. Unless I'm overlooking it.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks a lot nicer, so good for that.

The forums will take a getting used to. Not only does it look weird, but like everyone else said, I need to see what forum a topic is attached to, and this may be just me, but it seems like there's a lot more posts per page now. That limit was fine before.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are forum thread pages longer? Seems like it. I like that a lot.

Indeed. I'd also very much like to see that come back.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The text seems too "skinny" hard to read, also whats up with the subscriber badge taken up 1\4 of peoples user picture.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#98  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

Haven't looked at the site to much yet since it was on fire for a bit but now that it seems to be in working order it seems alright.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Really wish forum threads were on the front page.

RudeCubes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's lookin'

Loading Video...