#101 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1471 posts) -

Only just loaded up for me. Seems OK I guess. Guessing I shouldn't be seeing this little symbol everywhere.

#102 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (1854 posts) -

I do, however, REALLY like the new user deck. Especially lists being less of a "32 boxes with very strict definitions and itty bitty images" to this sexiness:

That makes my stupid fucking blurb look fairly professional. Awesome work there guys, that shit is fantastic. Especially the scrolling bar with all of the user deck tabs.

<3

#103 Posted by Crono (2620 posts) -

I love the new look. I haven't fully explored the site just yet but what I have seen looks amazing. Very nice work!

#104 Edited by Roger778 (949 posts) -

I just clicked on my link for Giant Bomb, and I was greeted with a new Web Site Redesign. It looks great, but as some pointed out, it feels a bit slow.

But other than that, I'm loving the new look.

#105 Posted by Danteveli (1080 posts) -

Getting used to the new page will take some time and I will miss the stuff that was left out but overall its an ok transition.

#106 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

99.9% of forums I posted on was on the main page, don't know if I will actually spend as much time in the forums on this site with them tucked away.

#107 Posted by Petiew (1278 posts) -

Theforums are really ugly in my opinion. It feels like I am on a commentsection of a news article. I haven't used the rest of the site tocomment on its functionality.

Yeah I feel the same. 50 comments per page is better, but I don't like the look of the posts.The huge space on the right hand side of the screen is also bugging me.

Shame about the achivements too. But from the litte I remember in the beta the other features have been improved.

#108 Edited by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

seaserpent.giantbomb.com

#109 Edited by Ares42 (2442 posts) -

Missing the forum feed on the main page. Without a "recent topics" anywhere the way these forums are set up is just really awful to navigate. Sure, it makes sense for the wiki to seperate everything, but for just some good old forum-lurking it's completely terrible.

Also, posts need some bette visual seperation, it feels too cramped.

#110 Posted by pekoe212 (412 posts) -

I miss the friends' forum posts on the front page, and the status update box on the profile page. heck, miss having the status updates on the front page. What's the point of having a friend's list if there's no quick way to see what they're up to? I like how much easier it is to see your lists of followers and the followed, but when I try to click on someone's name to go to their page it won't take me anywhere.

#111 Posted by ThePencil (390 posts) -

A WHOLE NEW WORLD!

#112 Posted by familyphotoshoot (651 posts) -

I wish everything on the front page was shrunk down to like 75% of its current size. I like the layout, everything is just a tad too big.

#113 Posted by PillClinton (3284 posts) -

GIFs work as profile background now! Check it! (Might have to refresh a few times though.)

#114 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

The biggest reason I visited was to look at my precious achievements from Xbox and PS3 combined. I am an achievement whore but we are all weird in our own way.

#115 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3624 posts) -

The little loading bomb/Johnny icon that flashes when you change pages in a thread or post something is the best thing ever.

#116 Posted by OptimalPower (105 posts) -

No videos run well for me anymore. They all are very choppy. Granted my pc is quite old, but I didn't have problems before. Hopefully this fixes itself somehow but the new player doesn't jive with my pc.

#117 Posted by obscurefan (282 posts) -

I like a lot about it but the white background is a tad more bland than the black background. Also, what happened to the achievements on the game pages? I'm sure this has already been addressed several times but I haven't found an answer yet so if someone can help me out and tell me what's up I'd appreciate it, thanks.

#118 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1854 posts) -

Uhh... I didn't know that BioShock 2 was a new release.

Am I actually from the future? Did I die? THE DEAD ZONE.

#119 Posted by BeachThunder (11252 posts) -

My post count is still broken - my previous post count was 7753, now it's 7962...

#120 Posted by MistaSparkle (2146 posts) -

I also wish the forum posts at the bottom were still there, but everything else looks fantastic.

#121 Edited by PillClinton (3284 posts) -

Also, I actually really like that forum posts are numbered now like most other boards, and tagged with date and time, although I would still like to see '5 minutes ago'.

#122 Posted by egg (1339 posts) -

The new site is horrendoues. Threads don't even display their forum section anymore. Check out this thread:

"Lack of HD Collection Makes Me Sad"

You have no idea what game the thread is talking about!!

You have to open the thread, or mouseover to see the url. Now imagine doing this for an entire page of thread titles.

#123 Posted by Chicholas (25 posts) -

not bad i like it although achievements? where yous at bro?

#124 Posted by Philip (124 posts) -

It could be slow due to a completely rewritten site, and all kinds of indexing services and robots (Google) are checking the site out, due to rewritten pages, causing some slow down. At least this is what happened on another site I was part of that got a redesign.

#125 Posted by RawknRo11a (507 posts) -

Yea, I like the overall look but kinda miss the achievement tracking, and like most people the recent forum posts on the front page.

#126 Edited by Philanthropy (140 posts) -

Agree with everyone, put forums on front page.

#127 Posted by Lukos (74 posts) -

Love the design, and the white theme. I used the black theme at the old site but I think I'm going to enjoy the white one here. So far I love it but I hadn't had a chance to explore it.

#128 Posted by BillyTheKid (484 posts) -

Finally it is starting to work for me which makes me happy. The one thing that I do not like is that you can not see what game is attached to a thread without clicking into it. A small annoyance that used to save me a lot of time.

#129 Posted by PillClinton (3284 posts) -
@egg said:

The new site is horrendoues. Threads don't even display their forum section anymore. Check out this thread:

"Lack of HD Collection Makes Me Sad"

You have no idea what game the thread is talking about!!

You have to open the thread, or mouseover to see the url. Now imagine doing this for an entire page of thread titles.

Yes, I sincerely hope that's just bugging out right now, or if not, at least easily added back in, 'cause damn.

#130 Posted by jimmyfenix (3675 posts) -

Dave the sites working

#131 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1471 posts) -

What's the difference between edit and full edit on posts. From what I can tell edit does nothing and full edit gives me a 404 error.

#132 Edited by Make_Me_Mad (2946 posts) -

Forums not on the front page, Forums now look like a weird comment section, boards not listed when looking at the list of threads in said Forums... There's pretty much no improvements to the forum area that I can tell. That's a pretty huge bummer.

#133 Posted by cryptic_code (89 posts) -

I haven't tested out all of the site's features, but I'm liking the new design so far.

#134 Posted by Max_Cherry (1111 posts) -

It's Great!

#135 Posted by Kinapuff (244 posts) -
@egg said:

Threads don't even display their forum section anymore.

That's really the only complaint I have so far.

#136 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (601 posts) -

I miss the forum activity feed on the front page, but overall the design is nice. Still had to switch it to black background though. Once everything smooths out it will be even nicer, but with how big the site is there were bound to be some performance issues on launch.

#137 Edited by ogto (64 posts) -

this is a SUPER nitpick, but the star for which podcast is new, is practically INVISIBLE. you need a new, brighter, more colorful star

i kinda love the new site. it really seems like they made SMART changes

#138 Posted by AngelN7 (2959 posts) -

I like the forum design I think it looks nice and finally Giantbomb.ru can update "their" look.

#139 Posted by britxmenyuan (40 posts) -

There was a upcoming video window on the old site. I couldnt find it on the new site, they just took it out?

#140 Posted by Ronald (1304 posts) -

I love having the podcasts in the main new feed section of the site. I might be more inclined to remember to post something on them now.

I do miss, however, having every image for games on the right side of the page being Dave.

#141 Posted by DeeGee (2096 posts) -

They need to centre the forums and put them back on the front page.

#142 Posted by Breadfan (6586 posts) -

I like it, but I'm going to need some time to get used to it.

#143 Posted by TheSheepherder (73 posts) -

I love what I've seen from the new design so far. I do wish I could see previous Wall posts but eh that's alright.

Dave and the engineers at CBSi did great work. ^o^

#144 Edited by granderojo (1772 posts) -

Pros:

I like the new font(is it new, it looks different).

It looks good on mobile.

The forums are more slick along with the wiki.

Cons:

The front page is clustered.

The text field is weird when you go to a new line , it gets really jumpy and finicky.

It doesn't look as good on desktop as the last site to read on. The text field just isn't wide enough.

#145 Edited by Carlos1408 (1462 posts) -

It's the real deal! I'm loving the design so far and it's working fine, but as others have said, I do miss the forum topics at the bottom of the front page.

#146 Edited by mandude (2667 posts) -

The forums seem entirely unconcerned with the natural flow of the site.

Also, the subject matter of each thread really needs to be displayed underneath the title. The forums are nothing short of confusing without it.

Everything else looks really nice though.

#147 Posted by ZHabermann (91 posts) -

Honesly, everything takes up too much space, the text, font size, video/news story/ect are too big, and rooming out gives me huge spaces on the side, I'll agree the forums don't quite look right but I barely use them. Also I'm noticing the upcoming videos/live shows thingy is missing.

The main thing I'm hoping is that trying to read old posts/reread through replies or a archive are replies works better.

But some of the new features are a plus, I was saying this with seaserpent but it basically it's tidying and cleaning up.

#148 Posted by Zephan (48 posts) -

Really impressed so far! I think it looks really streamlined and snazzy. I know that there are a load of issues and things missing, but I'm sure they will sorted soon.

#149 Edited by Dalai (6870 posts) -

This website hasn't been this stylish or crazy in a good long while.

5 stars.

#150 Edited by GunstarRed (4726 posts) -

I like the look of it but I reaaaaally don't like that there's no forums on the front page... I've always just looked at those in the past. I very, very rarely click on the forums tab and I really hate that there is no status update/blog box on the profile page.