New to tower defence

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Eder

As the title suggests, im new to this type of games. I just got Pixel Junk Monsters and man, I CANT GET ENOUGH OF IT. I super love the game. So I was wondering if there are any games similar to in on the 360, Wii and a PC with 1/2 a Gig in Ram. Flash is not an option.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

Pixeljunk Monsters is the best tower defense game ever so you're already done, heh.  Really no other tower defense games I've played come close.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Babble

If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch then you should get Fieldrunners. Otherwise I can't think of much else on the platforms you listed that isn't run with flash on your browser for the PC.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Maybe our Tower Defense concept page will help you find a tower defense game. ;)

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Eder

Oh right, ill check that out thanks. Still I would like some user feedback. I thought there was a whole bunch of good ones because the giantbomb crew always goes like: "Another tower defence game....great".

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Karmum
Diamond said:
"Pixeljunk Monsters is the best tower defense game ever so you're already done, heh.  Really no other tower defense games I've played come close."
Indeed, PixelJunk Monsters is great.
Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Guardian

That Final Fantasy esque one (Crystal defenders?) is coming out for PSN soon. Might be worth looking into.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eder

Cool, though it doesnt matter what current platform its on, but of course ill try to get the best version. This flash one called Vector TD is really good. But ill only play it at work. Need maybe 2 console ones to get my fix.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew
Eder said:
"Oh right, ill check that out thanks. Still I would like some user feedback. I thought there was a whole bunch of good ones because the giantbomb crew always goes like: "Another tower defence game....great". "
That's because they're actually uninterested in tower defense games. Ninjatown and Lock's Quest are supposed to be good... but they're on the DS.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Jayge_

If you have an iTouch, get TapDefence. If your pc could run it I would suggest both Bloons Tower Defence 3 and GemCraft, two amazing TD games both found on Kongregate.com. 

Excuberance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Excuberance

Yeah, honestly, if you want great tower-defence games, look at flash-sites like kongregate. The graphics are... well they are flash games, so you know how they look, but most of the big TD geeks are all flash-guys, so thats the golden lands of those games.

Also, their is a lot of really good co-op towerdefence-maps as mods for Warcraft 3. Thats the only place I have seen good multiplayer tower-defence, so you should check that out. Get WC3, go onto battle.net, click custom match and there you go, a lot of crazy mods. Look for stuff like "maffarazzo", "green td" and "element td". Also, have fun being called a noob, but hey, thats life.

QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By QuattroRS6

I liked defense grid.  You can get it on 360 or PC. It was on sale on steam not sure if it still is.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Karmum
Jayge said:
"If you have an iTouch, get TapDefence. If your pc could run it I would suggest both Bloons Tower Defence 3 and GemCraft, two amazing TD games both found on Kongregate.com. "
The flash genre generally has the best TD games. :(
tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By tmthomsen
NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NukeGoBoom

Desktop Tower Defense PRO It has a tutorial on how to be good at it.
Gemcraft
Vector Tower Defense
Bloons Tower Defense 3
Onsluaght 2
Google any of those.Have fun.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eder

I played Bloons Tower Defense 3 and man, IM HOOKED. Crystal Defenders is a total letdown sadly =( its way to hard and in a bad way, if you dont play it like in the demos, youre srewed.