New User Saying Hi!

Thatamos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Thatamos

Hey all, heard about this site from my teacher. I'm really digging all the love for user reviews and the wide range of awesome topics I've been secretly lurking in. Thank you so much Community Spotlight / Hamst3r for Kick Dudes in the Dick xD

So, as customary from the codex that should exist for newbies, I've written an article. I hope you'll take a chance to read it and let me know what you think, community feedback is always loved :D

Now, no more procrastinating.. I have so much homework x_x; Anyone else going through the Final's Grind?

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Congratulations!

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By coakroach

YOU ARE NOT PREPAAAAAAAARED

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MezZa

Enjoy becoming and being a duder! And yes, finals are next week for me :\

Thatamos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Thatamos

Since this is technically my last semester, I'm not really doing "finals" so much more as I'm writing roughly 20k words in 2 days, among several powerpoint slides. I'm writing a paper on Anonymous / 4Chan and how it will / has affect(ed) communications in mass media and public policy / legislation. Sooo.. laptop, comfortable chair, Fruit Punch Arizona tea, music, and occaisonally Tumblr.

I'm doomed. Hahaha

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dany

Hello and welcome!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude

Nice review. Welcome to Giant Bomb.

Thatamos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thatamos

Thanks! :)

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By capt_ventris

Nice writing mate!

Have fun

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kandycane2029

Welcome to the site.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Kyreo

Hey there, Stranger! Have fun but don't be a dick.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Cathryn

Welcome to the site, duder <3

Thatamos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Thatamos

@Capt_Ventris said:

Nice writing mate!

Cheers :)

So what's everyone up too? I'm half-way done with my research paper and about to start lurking for a minute to unplug before finishing up.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Yo!

No finals for me, just lots of work.
Gotta get a buffer regarding work so I can safely play SWTOR when it comes out.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By mike
@TaliciaDragonsong: You need to hurry up with the Skyrim if you're going to have any hope of spending quality time with SWTOR when it comes out! 

I'm probably going to wait for either a free SWTOR trial, or wait for it to become free to play...this coming from the guy who created the SWTOR wiki page after waiting all night for the official announcement. Oh well. Even if SWTOR turns out to be the best thing ever, I just don't have the kind of time needed to invest in an MMO right now. At least Skyrim is single player. 

Oh yeah, welcome new guy. 
Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Dogma

Hello and enoy your stay! ^^

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@MB: I'm kinda done with Skyrim :(
I love the setting and quests, but the difficulty is real silly.
I'd take out an entire cave in one hit, then the last dude would 2shot me if I didn't 2shot him.
Tried messing with difficulties but to no avail, its a little skewed and really makes the combat unenjoyable.
I'll get back to it sometime, now I'm just tripping over work for SWTOR, the beta's really sold me on them! ^^
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By mike
@TaliciaDragonsong: funny, im having the same issue with Skyrim. I cut through enemies like a hot knife through warm butter, then get to the boss and am one-shotted...so I turn the difficulty down from Master, beat the boss, and press on. A definite balance issue.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By natetodamax

Welcome to Giant Bomb duder!

Thatamos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Thatamos

Thanks guys!

P.S. I can't see what the appeal of SWTOR is. I'm admitaddly ignorant as all hell of it, but being a big fan of proper Star Wars (as in the Clone Wars animations arent what comes to mind when I think "Star Wars" and episodes 1 / 2 / 3 sucked balls compared to 4 / 5 / 6), I'm pretty curious. Maybe when I have more time, I'll look into it.

I'm personally excited for Guild Wars 2. It's still just a bunch of example vid's and information pages, but tanking looks like a ton of fun. Since they've supposedly done away with their instanced mantra, which always disconnected me from the rest of the GW community in the first game, GW2 may become my new MMO.

P.S. - MB has just informed me that my first article is now a featured user article! So glad my college education is finally getting validated outside of college xD I can't wait to get into the several topics I've been thinking about for weeks now. Is there a page that'll show my articled under some kind of "featured" banner or something like that? I noticed it didn't show up on the community site. I wrote the article originally as an assignment for my teacher, so I'd love to show her that. Easy A, anyone? Haha

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Master_Funk

Man, you must have the coolest teacher on the planet if they'll recommend video game websites to you.

Thatamos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Thatamos

She's teaching the history of video games. We've covered everything from table-top games circa .. something B.C. to the Commodore 64, the NeoGeo, everything in between, and recent stuff. I think the owner of this site is going to be skyping with my class tomorrow about gaming journalism, actually. Definitely gonna be there / looking forward to it.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By weegieanawrench

Welcome to Giant Bomb, good buddy! I'm also going through finals. In fact, I'm about to write my last exam in 20 minutes. Let me introduce you to some features of the site. There's the Endurance Run (currently, two of the staff are playing through Chrono Trigger on the SNES) and one of my favourite quicklooks. Enjoy!

Jonnyflash80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jonnyflash80

Welcome to Giant Bomb. You're going to love it here!

applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By applet0n

Welcome duder! Hope you fit in just fine!

Thatamos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Thatamos

@weegieanawrench said:

Welcome to Giant Bomb, good buddy! I'm also going through finals. In fact, I'm about to write my last exam in 20 minutes. Let me introduce you to some features of the site. There's the Endurance Run (currently, two of the staff are playing through Chrono Trigger on the SNES) and one of my favourite quicklooks. Enjoy!

Awesome, can't wait to check these out. I've somehow managed to dish out 2k words in 2 hours about 4chan, Anonymous, their activities, SOPA, the Protect IP Act, and how all of this could feasibly affect our uses of the internet and how hacktvism may rebound in a serious way in the U.S.

Think I should publish it here? I'm not sure if this is the right place for research papers, but it's still interesting stuff.

e/ .. wait, that's what a blog's for. Stay tuned for college stuff later today!

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fetchfox

Welcome to GB duder! You've shown you can write a good review, and I look forward to reading your blog post about hacktvism aso. I'm glad to see that you signed up for a premium membership already, you won't regret it. Enjoy the Endurance Run videos of old (Persona 4), and all the other great content GB as provided over the years.

Thatamos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Thatamos

I've been diligently looking for a new forum to frequent, and this one seems shockingly absent of trolls and douchebags. My teacher is also good people and I'll trust any endorsement she gives. I did really enjoy that I could donate my voucher coupon to Child Gaming, and given how hard it is for websites to support themselves without sixfuckingbillion ads everywhere, it was totally worth the money. Glad to help!

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Final grind. Much pain. Much suffering

Also, Laz0r.

superbobafett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By superbobafett

Welcome to GB!

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By weegieanawrench

@Thatamos: If it's interesting stuff, I'm sure there are a lot of us who would like to read it. Also, did you mention that Jeff was going to speak to your class tomorrow? That's pretty cool.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By BlinkyTM

Finals suck. College sucks.

You left your window open by the way. I helped myself to some left overs and played some Witcher 2.

I also urinated on your cat. He was totally asking for it.

Thatamos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Thatamos

@weegieanawrench said:

@Thatamos: If it's interesting stuff, I'm sure there are a lot of us who would like to read it. Also, did you mention that Jeff was going to speak to your class tomorrow? That's pretty cool.

I'll be sure to put the finalized version on my blog either tonight or .. late tonight then. And from what I understand, through the miracles of technomagic, Jeff will be speaking to my class about gaming journalism either tomorrow or Thursday. Definitely excited for it!

wafflez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By wafflez

Welcome. I see that you're a premium member, making you better than a number of other people on here!

(hopefully you freeloaders know I'm just kiddin <3)

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By BlinkyTM

The only game you own is Infinity Blade II? (According to your profile).