#1 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Is anyone seeing this new website layout?  Is this a joke or what because it is pretty awesome and I want it to be real.  I don't want it to be a joke.

#2 Posted by rosebud04 (360 posts) -

yeah it keeps coming and going, and from what i can see it looks great. hope its not some April fool.

#3 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

No, not yet. 

#4 Edited by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

depends... sometimes its there sometimes it isnt... its breaking my eyes 

edit: yeh i dont like this at all the font for everything seems different its seriously fucking up my eyes :s

#5 Posted by DeeGee (2125 posts) -

It's not a joke, Alex has been working on this for some time. The only downfall is that on Firefox it makes the pages too wide, so I have a scrolling bar at the bottom now.

#6 Posted by JeanLuc (3584 posts) -

I like it.

#7 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1335 posts) -
@Kyreo: HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MAKE THIS THREAD BEFORE ME!?!?!?/1
#8 Edited by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/asfasf/51-1749135/
#9 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

Yep. It seems to appear on main message boards but not in individual threads. 

Scratch that: it randomly comes and goes.

#10 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

I really like it, but its coming and going.

#11 Posted by Fruitcocoa (483 posts) -

Hate it! :( 

#12 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4750 posts) -

It's horrible. Mouse over the forum tab, it spits out a big list rather than the 3 columns.

#13 Edited by MattyFTM (14384 posts) -

They talked about a new layout in the last whiskey media blog. I haven't seen it cropping up on the site yet like you guys are saying, though. 

EDIT: Just saw it by doing a hard refresh. Thought that might make it stick, but it disappeared. 

EDIT2: It's permanent now. Looks Nice. A couple of glitches, but once those are squashed it'll be brilliant.

#14 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

I love that it's random.  I mean... if that is the april fools joke then Haha to that but I dont want it to be random forever. 

@DeeGee
said:

" It's not a joke, Alex has been working on this for some time. The only downfall is that on Firefox it makes the pages too wide, so I have a scrolling bar at the bottom now. "
Also, Alex who?  Navarro?
#15 Posted by StarvingGamer (8241 posts) -

Mmm, it's running significantly slower on my work computer than the old website did... Guess I'll wait and see.

#16 Posted by Sweep (8861 posts) -

I am so glad it's not just me seeing this shit. I thought I was hallucinating again!

#17 Posted by MattyFTM (14384 posts) -
@Kyreo: Alexis the new designer.
#18 Posted by Sin4profit (2933 posts) -

it's fucking up my already piss poorly achieved drippy header bar illusion thing i did on my profile background...

#19 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I really don't like it. It's too bulky and I don't like the fact that it doesn't extend across the whole screen when it's such a wide element.

#20 Posted by cnlmullen (900 posts) -

My interface was wigging out before. It was slow, but I think that might be because they haven't deployed it on all the servers yet. 

#21 Posted by JoeyRavn (4974 posts) -

I saw the title of this thread and thought "WTF is he talking about?". Clicked on it... new layout! It's fucking magic, I tell you.

#22 Posted by ViciousReiven (821 posts) -

It looks like shit, that ugly horrible simplistic style of shit like Youtube and the 360 dashboard did, why do people think that's a good thing? 
I seriously hope this is a joke, I don't want to have another website that I have to cringe at every time I visit.

#23 Posted by npeterson08 (502 posts) -

This popped up randomly while surfing the site, but I thought the colors were just inverted. Took a screen-shot because it looked weird/interesting.
#24 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

Looks pretty awesome to me. But it got me thinking how great it would have been to have a fake new design that looked like complete junk... Missed opportunity.. Maybe next year?

#25 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Looks sharp.

#26 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@Sin4profit said:
" it's fucking up my already piss poorly achieved drippy header bar illusion thing i did on my profile background... "
Oh I see what you mean.  That's a bummer... just go into paint and realign a few pixels up.
#27 Posted by nickux (1385 posts) -

I love the new layout except for a few minor issues. When I click the search bar to starting typing, it expands which is really neat. However, anything to the right of that bar gets smushed and causes it to look a little off. 

#28 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

Sexy,
now about the new season of Bombcast....

#29 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

its just the banner thats different isnt it?

#30 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:
" Sexy, now about the new season of Bombcast.... "
it will be sexy as well.
#31 Posted by Brendan (7810 posts) -

It's nice except for the forum tab, which when expanded inefficiently becomes a list that takes up far more space and becomes a list rather than the neat columns before it.

#32 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -
@JoeyRavn said:
" I saw the title of this thread and thought "WTF is he talking about?". Clicked on it... new layout! It's fucking magic, I tell you. "
Same here. 
Except I knew of the new layout, i'd just yet to receive it.
#33 Edited by alexisg (383 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda said: 
" It's horrible. Mouse over the forum tab, it spits out a big list rather than the 3 columns. "

@GunslingerPanda: Its not supposed to be like that. Give it some time. Things are deploying.
Staff
#34 Posted by rosebud04 (360 posts) -
@Brendan said:
" It's nice except for the forum tab, which when expanded inefficiently becomes a list that takes up far more space and becomes a list rather than the neat columns before it. "
Ditto, its the only issue for me as well, otherwise its pretty neat
#35 Posted by damswedon (3191 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:
Kat (artist that does the quest icons) says she is working on something that Giantbomb users have been wanting since the new year.
#36 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@alexisg: If you are the famous Alexis, you have done great work.  Keep it up.  This site looks slick!
#37 Posted by Tearhead (2168 posts) -

I dunno, I think I like the old layout better, but whatever.

#38 Posted by ThePickle (4182 posts) -

I got it too. I hate it. Whiskey Media, don't become YouTube and start to change for no reason other than bored engineers. You have more important things to do. 

#39 Edited by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

I'm liking this. Look nice on a big screen. 

EDIT: I don't want to refresh! STAY WHERE YOU ARE!

#40 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

I think it's really slick. Hope it starts staying.

#41 Posted by Sin4profit (2933 posts) -
@alexisg said:
" @GunslingerPanda: Its not supposed to be like that. Give it some time. Things are deploying. "
oh, is that what's happening with the randomness...and here i had this picture in my head of Dave flipping switches and laughing his ass off.
#42 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -
@damswedon said:
" @Kjellm87 said:
Kat (artist that does the quest icons) says she is working on something that Giantbomb users have been wanting since the new year. "
Sounds good, I wonder how it will be.
#43 Posted by ViciousReiven (821 posts) -

Oh fuck, it is real... 
Please for the love of all that is aesthetically pleasing give us the option to use the old header if we so incline, because I so incline, very much so.

#44 Posted by FesteringNeon (2164 posts) -

I do like the fresh feeling, but after checking my profile.. it is a little strange having the GB logo float in space and to not have a backdrop to my personal stuff in the top right corner. I might have to just change the background though.. : /

#45 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

I like it, in a strange way. If it isn't coming up for you, hold Control or Command depending on your OS, and press F5 or 'R'. However... there is a problem.

That isn't Helvetica... even though I have Helvetica on my machine. And yes, I'm just kidding, but seriously. I like Helvetica. All joking aside I dig this new design!
#46 Posted by Sin4profit (2933 posts) -
@damswedon said:
" @Kjellm87 said:
Kat (artist that does the quest icons) says she is working on something that Giantbomb users have been wanting since the new year. "
So Time Trotters episode 2 confirmed this April 1st then...sweet!
#47 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

I HATE CHANGE, IT SCARES ME!

#48 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

looks SO much better in white i love the fading effect. 

#49 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Looks cool.

#50 Posted by TheHBK (5485 posts) -

What the fuck is happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!