• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mracoon (4971 posts) -

What better way to celebrate the beginning of 2012 than to give away 5 copies of mine and Giant Bomb's Best Downloadable Game of 2011, Bastion (Steam version). There are two simple requirements: have at least 200 forum posts or have at least 1000 wiki points.

So, tell me what your most anticipated game of 2012 is below and tomorrow (2nd Jan) I'll pick 5 people at random to win a copy of Bastion.

#2 Posted by Aetheldod (3579 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 :D and happy new year to you good sir

#3 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Oh jeez.

My most anticipated game of next year is SSX because it's going to be rad as hell.

#4 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
#5 Posted by DuskVamp (681 posts) -

Hmmm, I think Guild Wars 2.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Fire Emblem: Awakening. If that doesn't get an English release, then I'll change my answer to Persona 4 Golden (which definitely will get an English release).

#7 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3782 posts) -

I'm curious about how well the Mass Effect trilogy will turn out, but I'm most looking forward to Max Payne 3.

#8 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

Easily Guild Wars 2, which will be GOTY 2012.

#9 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Mass Effect 3!

#10 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -
#11 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -

Planetside 2! HAPPY NEW YEARS!

#12 Edited by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

I would say that Mass Effect 3 is my most anticipated game, though there's definitely not as many games I'm looking forwards to as there were in 2011.

#13 Edited by Halberdierv2 (1869 posts) -

Fire Emblem for 3DS, and Bravely Default:Flying Fairy, so far.

And Happy New Year, duders!

#14 Posted by RecSpec (3816 posts) -

As of right now? Probably Kingdom Hearts 3D if only for the TWEWY characters in it. 

#15 Posted by SaucyJack (87 posts) -

Borderlands 2

#16 Posted by face15 (1300 posts) -

There's actually a heap of cool looking games coming out in 2012. At this stage I'm probably looking forward most to BioShock Infinite.

#17 Posted by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -

Gotta say Bioshock Infinite. Mass Effect 3 is less of a mystery though I want to play both pretty much equally.

#18 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite with Mass Effect 3 and an EXTREMELY close second.

#19 Posted by Redsox44 (482 posts) -
#20 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Holy fuck!

My most anticipated game of 2012: Guild Wars 2, closely followed by Diablo 3.

Thanks for the generosity duder.

#21 Posted by Capt_Ventris (592 posts) -

Total War Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai

For the restoration of the Emperor!

BANZAI

#22 Posted by DarthOrange (3861 posts) -
#23 Edited by huntad (1939 posts) -

My most anticipated game is Bioshock Infinite!

#24 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -

Bioshoch Infinite for sure. 

#25 Posted by Captain_Insano (1537 posts) -

Bishock Infinite

#26 Posted by Jeust (10644 posts) -

Mass Effect 3

I don't want a game though. Thanks for your offer! :)

#27 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

SSX for sure. I hope the soundtrack is good. Also thanks a lot for doing this dude, very generous.

#28 Posted by OroJackson (680 posts) -

God, I hope Guild Wars 2 comes out this year... if not then Bioshock: Infinite

#29 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -

Right now its a tie between Blitz on XBLA and Mass Effect 3, both for different reasons.

#30 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Halo 4. Man, I loved Halo and Halo 2, by 3, the multiplayer had gotten quite stale, but the campaign was the best of the series.

Now they finally have a chance to evolve the game beyond simply tacking on modern shooter features (sprint, perks) out of context.

How far will they go to reinvent Halo and the things its known for, limited to the 360 hardware, at a time when likely the next system will already be announced.

Over the course of the 360 lifespan Halo went from the top franchise to maybe fourth behind Gears, BF3, and COD. So its a weird sendoff to be sort of relaunching Halo in a sort of "who cares" situation when likely everyone will be talking the next Black Ops or Bad Company 3/2143 (or worse, next gen COD/Battlefiled games)

#31 Posted by CrazyBagMan (842 posts) -

Do I have to pick just one? I guess I'm gonna go with Guild Wars 2. Though I'll give an honorable mention to Kingdoms of Amalur which actually looks great, and SSX who's newest trailer really sold me.

#32 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

Hmmm I would say Mass Effect 3 followed closely by Bioshock: Infinite.

Also thanks for the generosity. I've really been meaning to get Bastion but I never did.

#33 Posted by StarFoxA (5157 posts) -

Probably Mass Effect 3!

#34 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

Prey 2

#35 Posted by RTSlord (1201 posts) -

oh gosh, hard to pick here. Mass effect 3 with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning as a close second

#36 Edited by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Looking forward to seeing where they take The Old Republic post launch. It will be interesting.

#37 Posted by spiceninja (3062 posts) -

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#38 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

I've not put a whole lot of thought into 2012 yet and am just going to wait and see.

Although, I think I do want more reasons to open my 3DS. So my cheating answer is anything for the 3DS.

#39 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Mario Party 9 :P

#40 Edited by TruthTellah (9051 posts) -

I am definitely most-anticipating Mass Effect 3.

Though, I'll probably still be playing some Skyrim. ha.

[EDIT: Please don't include me in the contest, though. I realized that Bastion is an awesome game that it's worth financially supporting; so, I just bought it today on Steam and XBOX Live, plus the soundtrack. Hopefully its continued sales will help propel Supergiant games forward!]

#41 Posted by NathHaw (2769 posts) -

Last Guardian probably. Maybe Diablo III. Thanks.

#42 Posted by AlisterCat (5564 posts) -

Need that Mass Effect 3. I am on a good streak of ending trilogies.

#43 Posted by avidwriter (667 posts) -

I'm not sure if I have 200 posts...if I do yay if not.... poop.

#44 Edited by ImHungry (377 posts) -

As of now, probably Mass Effect 3, if only because I want the conclusion of the story.

Edit: Whoops, failed to read the postcount thing! Sorry about that.

#45 Edited by Brackynews (4083 posts) -

Wow, 2012 will really continue the "3s" trend won't it? D3, ME3, BSI... I guess even Last Guardian is the third Team Ico/Ueda game.

BioShock Infinite is definitely my anticipation. All the rest I think are presumed excellent, but I haven't got hype.

#46 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

I gotta go with Biohock Infinite though I'm also waiting how Mass Effect 3 wraps up.

Awesome price btw!

#47 Posted by Dethfish (3659 posts) -

Definitely Mass Effect 3.

#48 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I'd have to say Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3 a close second.

#49 Posted by mracoon (4971 posts) -

If anyone was planning to get Bastion in the Steam sale but missed out on the Daily Deal then you've got another chance today.

#50 Posted by Pazy (2579 posts) -

Mass Effect 3, I need to see how that story ends and I cant wait to see how the decisions I made, though good at the time, will bite me in the ass later.