New York and Video Games (and movies) ...

aseddon130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aseddon130

Hey guys i've been a long time lurker and big fan of the site, and for my first proper new topic i was looking for a little bit of advice.

In February my wife and i are travelling to New York City for our 30th birthdays, Manhattan to be more specific. i have never been to America before and don't really know what to expect (except lots of big portions of food, thanks Adam Richman!) now i plan to get some clothing and stuff to treat us but what i really want is something to do in the city regarding video games. Are there any shops and stores dedicated to Video games or places that any video game fan should visit while in NYC?? I am following a twitter page for Video Games New York store but i have no concept of how far i have to travel to get there. is there anything else in New York i should be visiting while i'm there.

Also, anything movie related (like a tour or something) would be nice too.

Any advice would be great guys, thanks.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Tom_omb

I've never been to New York, but Vinny and Alex inform me Video Games New York is a thing.

edit: rereading your post I see you're already on top of VGNY, but I'm keeping the video anyway

Loading Video...

Also I believe there's the Nintendo World Store.

As for movies, you can always visit the Ghostbuster's firehouse.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

aseddon130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

wow that barcade looks pretty awesome!

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd just say fuck it, we're going to Disneyland.

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There's also a pretty awesome Barcade in Jersey City if you're willing to take a 20 minute path train! Definitely go check out Video Games New York, they have an insane offering that's unrivaled in the the area. Also, go to the Nintendo store in Rockefeller (not really video games, but the Lego store there too is really cool).

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By awesomeusername

You're going to be spending a lotttttt of money on food over here. Just warning you. And please don't stop in middle of sidewalks. Those people are the worst! Also, just ignore all the people trying to sell you music CD's or comedy show tickets (at times square).

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not just New York. Its universal. Old people are really good at stepping out from somewhere, taking a couple of seconds to stop and remember where they're going and then resume their lives.