This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by helmit (20 posts) -

So I just discovered this site about 2 months ago and I fuckin' dig it. I used to be 1upian but they got weird after the IGN buyout so I was a wayward gamer looking for somewhere else to get some good gaming press. Kudos to me for finding it.

So I guess hi everyone!

Anywho, I got this wack stats project I gotta do. I pretty much just need to get some data from y'all.

I pose this question: "Given a multi-platform console release, which platform do you prefer to own a title on, Xbox 360 or PS3?"

You can give a reason if you wanna start some flame war for your own entertainment, just do me a favor and make sure you make it obvious what your preference is so I can quantify some shit. Thanks, you guys are the kewlist.

#2 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1727 posts) -

PC.

#3 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

PC.

#4 Posted by joachimo (200 posts) -

PC.

#5 Edited by jking47 (1207 posts) -

PC.

#6 Edited by believer258 (11563 posts) -

PC.

#7 Posted by g6065 (270 posts) -

P.....C?

#8 Posted by Thompson820 (410 posts) -

As above.

#9 Posted by Matthew (1911 posts) -

IBM based computer.

#10 Posted by cutyoface (539 posts) -

PC.

#11 Posted by MysteriousFawx (382 posts) -

3DS

#12 Posted by Shrimpy (96 posts) -

Linux

#13 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

360 BUT if I had a PC that could run games at max then PC-duh but with controller support.

#14 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (433 posts) -

#15 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

PC

#16 Posted by jacksmedulla (278 posts) -

PC.

#17 Posted by Grilledcheez (3942 posts) -

PC

#18 Posted by helmit (20 posts) -

Lol wiseguys I know PC is the shit but I need a two variable condition. Should I switch the question to Console versus PC? Or are you all just being contrary dicks?

#19 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@helmit said:

Lol wiseguys I know PC is the shit but I need a two variable condition. Should I switch the question to Console versus PC? Or are you all just being contrary dicks?

Phone
#20 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@helmit:You REALLY should have specified that, because we all jut assumed that you forgot.

360, for very VERY complicated reasons. (unless PC is still on the table because...well yeah)

#21 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

Looks like you're going to have to look elsewhere for your data because we suck.

#22 Posted by Video_Game_King (35826 posts) -

The Xbox 360, because I don't own a PS3. I'm the type of idiot who banks on backwards compatibility.

#23 Posted by Boboblaw (269 posts) -

360 as I prefer the controller, all my friends have 360s and I care about my account/achievements on there a whole lot more then trophies on the ps3.

Although I will usually get which ever has a platform exclusive like Kratos in MK, The joker levels in Arkham Asylum  and If i got a previous game in the series on a certain console I will keep getting them on it for instance Demons Souls/Dark Souls.

more information then you needed I think but whatever

#24 Posted by helmit (20 posts) -

@nintendoeats: Like I said, Newb here. Haven't trolled a forum for a while so I forgot about the rampant douche-baggery of the internet stemming from anonymity. Thank you for not dragging us all through your console baggage though. That's really big of you but we'll talk it out someday.

#25 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1584 posts) -

My friends all own PS3s, so if the quality of both versions are about equal, I tend to go for PS3. Like, not even just multiplayer games. It feels more like a social thing, seeing my friends online, checking out their trophies and whatnot. Kind of a weird reason, I guess.

#26 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Dreamcast

#27 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@helmit said:

@nintendoeats: Like I said, Newb here. Haven't trolled a forum for a while so I forgot about the rampant douche-baggery of the internet stemming from anonymity. Thank you for not dragging us all through your console baggage though. That's really big of you but we'll talk it out someday.

Uh...your welcome?

(why do I get the feeling that you are reading something into this thread that isn't there)

#28 Posted by notdavid (815 posts) -

If I had a PC that could run current games, I'd go with that. I'm stuck with PS3 by default. Also, welcome to Giant Bomb.

#29 Posted by helmit (20 posts) -

@nintendoeats:I don't know. I can't tell if I am or not... Is it making you uncomfortable?

@Andypwnedyou: My part in this is to ask a question. How you respond is completely up to you. You can embed another image if you want!

#30 Posted by JaredA (818 posts) -

#31 Posted by hawkinson76 (354 posts) -

PC

#32 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

N64.

#33 Posted by Grillbar (1792 posts) -

all depends on the game, so either pc or a ps3.

i would put it up as pc vs xbox vs ps3

but the only reason i would pick a ps3 is that i dont own both and if i did i would properly not care which on im just more familiar with the ps3 but in the end its really pretty much the same

#34 Posted by SpaceRunaway (826 posts) -

Is this Gamespot's fault? Why does everyone keep asking for homework assistance?

#35 Posted by me3639 (1711 posts) -

Anywho, Welcome to hell.

#36 Posted by hawkinson76 (354 posts) -

@helmit said:

ah, just read this (after answering "PC"). This late in the console life cycle there is little quantitative difference between those platforms (even counting platform specific features, since those probably account for a fraction of the overall play time for any title). The difference comes down to which console you own (which is a different question), which your friends play on (not just for multiplayer, but for trading games and such), and which is used for Netflix, media streaming, etc. These factors, in turn, rely heavily on age and income (there are specific times/places when certain consoles were more popular, e.g. Americans who were in college playing lots of games during the PS2 reign bought the PS3 when it came out because they had jobs and money, Americans in high school/college during the Modern Warfare craze are more likely to have invested in the xbox eco system, even if they didn't own a console by creating a gamertag on a friends).

Since you aren't collecting any other data to do a factor analysis with, I'm not sure what you will get out of the poll. The fact is, right now the best platform for multiplatform games is PC, and those of us with means to own both consoles also have the means to own a PC that can play games and will prefer to play their (unless their friends are playing somewhere else).

#37 Posted by Zleunamme (647 posts) -

That thing that does stuff and has buttons.

#38 Edited by Viking_Funeral (1727 posts) -

@helmit said:

Well. I never.

Just make a poll next time, and if you don't like Giant Bomb's sense of humor, there are other locations to discuss video games on the internet. Like GameBomb.

I was being serious about the PC, though. And doing research into the viability of playing games on the PC versus a console would make for much more interesting debate, especially at this age in the generation. EDIT: Nevermind. Hawkinson76 explained it much more eloquently that I have patience to do so.

#39 Posted by TruthTellah (8409 posts) -

As some others have noted, if you wanted only one of two answers, you should have made a poll. Since you are effectively asking us to answer a poll, a poll would seem appropriate.

Though, considering the Giant Bomb community, I'm pretty sure PC would have still somehow won. That's just how it is around here.

Anyway, good luck on your class project; please do continue to enjoy the content here on Giant Bomb. :)

#40 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

I would say PS3 because thats the only console I have and I dont play games on the PC.  I guess I should but whatever. 

#41 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

#42 Posted by ZombiePie (5561 posts) -

This thread has become derailed for various reasons. When creating a topic please take the time to have a clear thesis with productive discussion material to it.