• 62 results
#1 Edited by Fjordson (2432 posts) -

Considering some of the other titles from the big list that Warner Bros. trademarked, I'm somewhat disappointed.

GI's next cover on the game and final logo from Warner Bros. I like it.
#2 Posted by tyxja (281 posts) -

Amazing! Love cat woman's new look.

#3 Posted by Meltac (2007 posts) -

GameInformers really knows how to make a badass cover. That's sick, and the name is .. somewhat cool.

#4 Posted by litrock (170 posts) -

I think the name is pretty poor, but whatever. The game itself I'm hoping will be a great evolution of the first. And that cover is amazing.

#5 Posted by DarkHeroZark (175 posts) -

Judging from the enormous billboard in the background: Two-Face maybe the main villain   

#6 Edited by Fjordson (2432 posts) -
"The caped crusader is finally unmasked... again

The UK's Official Xbox Magazine will reveal the first details of Warner's hotly anticipated Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 (proper name TBC, of course) in its October issue - which will hit shelves on Thursday, September 2nd.

And PlayStation fans won't miss out either - with Official PlayStation Magazine revealing PS3-related deets on the very same day.

The Next Month page in OXM's current issue promises: 'No joke: The first details and screens of Rocksteady's stunning sequel.'

We like the sound of stunning. The first game blew us away - we'd be very surprised if this doesn't manage the same.

Little is known about Arkham Asylum 2's content - although bad guys
Two-Face, Mr. Freeze and Talia al Ghul have been outed."    

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=258313?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

So I guess the next issues of OXM, OPM and Game Informer will have coverage on Arkham City.

Another image:

Not sure if that's an alternate cover? I haven't read Game Informer in years, so I don't know.
#7 Posted by iAmJohn (6134 posts) -

Terrible name.

#8 Posted by odintal (1095 posts) -

Co-op with Catwoman possibly? 
I'm in. 

#9 Posted by Jazz (2312 posts) -

Co-Op playing? 
Well, the first was a great Metroid clone, so hopefully this will branch out a bit more and put more emphasis on what Batman actually does: Detective work.

#10 Posted by countinhallways (630 posts) -

I like the name. Plus added Catwoman can only be a great thing. This has definitely increased my excitement re: this game.

#11 Posted by Funzzo (835 posts) -

Love both covers and catwomen looks great. Cant wait.

#12 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Surely it should be called Gotham City if anything?

#13 Posted by Meptron (1113 posts) -

I like it. I also called it back when the list of registered domain names was released.

#14 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

I just jizzzzzed.

#15 Edited by nickux (1377 posts) -

Pretty cool but I think they announced the sequel way too early. The first teaser was back in December '09- almost two years before it's going to come out. I don't know, just a pet peeve of mine about the game industry. I'm glad they're taking their time on it though. 

Please oh please more Riddler Challenges!!!!

#16 Posted by Binman88 (3690 posts) -

Nice. A bloody Batman.

#17 Posted by CaptainObvious (3000 posts) -

The title sounds pretty...Batman.

#18 Posted by outlawtotheend (103 posts) -
#19 Posted by Peacemaker (1106 posts) -

Not sure if I really like that name.  I guess it's trying to say that the whole city has become like Arkham Asylum.  Whatever, that cover is so awesome.

#20 Posted by DG991 (1340 posts) -

batman^3 :(

#21 Posted by sublime90 (544 posts) -

the covers look sweet. i might have to actually grab this issue. the name doesnt bother me to much and i cant wait to see what they do with mr freeze. should be amazing.

#22 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -

Stupid name, damn terrible. Cool art though.

#23 Edited by ReV_VAdAUL (44 posts) -

I think this'll be a name that grows on you as  @Peacemaker: says it implies the whole city becomes the asylum and as we see gameplay and stuff the theme of Gotham becoming the Asylum will make the name make a lot more sense. Or at least thats my gut feeling. Also:

@odintal said:

" Co-op with Catwoman possibly? I'm in.  "

#24 Posted by Fjordson (2432 posts) -

Final logo:

#25 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Definitely excited. Surprised to see them showing Catwoman & Batman promotional art on the cover though, I guess that's as big a hint as any about who may be aiding the caped crusader in the game. Or perhaps even causing him additional work.

Either way, I'm not officially getting hype.

#26 Posted by Dr_VonBoogie (346 posts) -

Here's hoping Clayface, The Mad Hatter, Rhas Al Ghul, Man-Bat and The Penguin makes an appearance.

#27 Posted by White_Silhouette (476 posts) -

It is not as good as BatmanBatmanBatman. But i hear that that domain was already taken so they couldn't use that.

#28 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Wow, that's one of the worst looking GI covers I've seen in a long long time.

#29 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Hold on, let me go to Comic Vine. *checks* Yea, there's no Arkham City.

#30 Posted by RVonE (4699 posts) -

I don't know about that name. It sounds kinda lame. The art looks great, though.
#31 Edited by Sovereign13 (147 posts) -

Since BatmanBatmanBatman was already taken they had to go with this.

#32 Posted by Spike94 (735 posts) -
@Fjordson:
Thanks man! I love the two images up there. So slick. And Catwoman? Awweeesoooome! Can't have enough Batman in my diet.
#33 Posted by Allprox (565 posts) -

Terrible name...

#34 Posted by RogueBomber12 (105 posts) -

Names not the best. But Cover has me excited.
#35 Posted by dunderri (161 posts) -

Well from that trailer that they had awhile ago... the name actually fits. So I don't care about the title that much, I just want to see gameplay, VERY BADLY.

#36 Posted by Delorean (60 posts) -

That cover is BAD. ASS.

#37 Posted by Kowalczyk (140 posts) -

Really like the style of the cover and the way catwoman looks, I'll be picking that up

#38 Posted by bartok (2581 posts) -
@Jazz said:
" Co-Op playing? Well, the first was a great Metroid clone, so hopefully this will branch out a bit more and put more emphasis on what Batman actually does: Detective work. "
Fuck Co-Op it ruined Resident Evil.
#39 Posted by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

The promo art is great. "Ashes of Gotham" sounded cool too, but keeping Arkham is the title will help brand recognition and makes sense when recalling the trailer.

#40 Posted by bonbolapti (1626 posts) -

that's a god enough title. 
I also approve me some catwoman

#41 Posted by GunstarRed (5448 posts) -

<3 Catwomans new look. I was expecting something as awful as Harley Quinns for AA , They seem to have come up with a pretty cool design though.  Arkham City is a stupid name.
#42 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Really interesting that they went with Catwomen and not Robin and Batman's partner if the cover is a hint for anything

#43 Posted by helveticahero (12 posts) -

I love the new spin they're taking with the art - I wonder if the look of the game will actually differ from the previous game. Either way - can't wait for it. Arkham Asylum was spectacular!

#44 Edited by Fezz (444 posts) -

Ashes of Gotham was a better name IMO.

#45 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3715 posts) -
@bartok said:
" @Jazz said:
" Co-Op playing? Well, the first was a great Metroid clone, so hopefully this will branch out a bit more and put more emphasis on what Batman actually does: Detective work. "
Fuck Co-Op it ruined Resident Evil. "
No. It didn't. 
#46 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

I still haven't beat the first one, It got too repetitive for me.

#47 Posted by rahulricky (264 posts) -

Wanted: Seal to provide the song for the end credits

#48 Posted by Fjordson (2432 posts) -
@Dany said:
" Really interesting that they went with Catwomen and not Robin and Batman's partner if the cover is a hint for anything "
I think Catwoman fits the darker vibe Rocksteady has with this series much better than Robin.
#49 Edited by fwylo (3556 posts) -

Holy shit Catwoman has always turned me on but damn she looks good.  They had better names than Arkham City for sure though. 

Edit: Though now looking at it and thinking about it.  It's pretty awesome.  Gotham city has gone fucking crazy.

#50 Posted by Hyuzen (467 posts) -

I heard that rocksteady had to frantically get a different cover art to game informer after giant bomb took batmanbatmanbatman. 
true story