This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CitizenJP (1021 posts) -

I personally don't really watch The Endurance Run series a whole lot because I've actually never played any of the Persona games so it doesn't really interest me too much (not sayin it's a bad game or whatever) bu it seems like it's obviously got TONS of content and hours of play. So I was just kind of thinking what would make a great game to cover once GB's had their way with Persona but I also don't really know of too many games with that many dungeons and what not to run through so basically the main point of this thread is I want to see what you guys think a great game would be to cover IF they did do another Endurance Run thing.

#2 Edited by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

any long ass RPG

Since they are so enthusiastic about Fallout: new vegas and Fable 3, those two would be cool. However, a lot more people play those two franchises so there wouldn't be much of a surprise to things, it would be more like any other game guide  walkthrough.

#3 Edited by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

well it would have to be something they have NOT played before that's basically rule number 1

#4 Posted by Kiemoe (1055 posts) -

It would need to be quirky and fun, but also long, so it'd probably have to be an RPG. I just don't think anything could live up to it, so who knows.

#5 Posted by ajamafalous (12004 posts) -

This is the 800th time this thread has been made.

#6 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

The games would have to have a degree of choice involved, the good thing about Persona 4 is that I could play very different game, with different social links and personas, granted the basic plot would stay the same but it could be a radically different experience.

#7 Posted by Grimace (376 posts) -

NBA Hangtime.

They should try and beat all the teams with the Vancouver Grizzlies without losing.

Now THATS an Endurance Run.

#8 Edited by CitizenJP (1021 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:

" This is the 800th time this thread has been made. "

Lol really? I wouldn't know, I don't scan through the forums like that to even know. Do yeah, sorry I guess?

Guess you do though since you know it's around 800 hehe. :P
#9 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

I'm thinking something obscure, you have a point, warxsnake, a big release would probably not be as interesting since everyone will have played it, so a semi-obscure jrpg was the way to go, and a similarly obscure game would make a good candidiate. 

#10 Posted by CitizenJP (1021 posts) -

Hmmm yeah it wouldn't be as fun if they did like Fable or Fallout like you guys said. Tough one to decide, I just don't know of that many RPGs. I sadden myself. :/

#11 Posted by Fallen189 (5010 posts) -

Super mario bros

#12 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I don't think fable or fallout would last this long... Fable definately not. 

#13 Posted by CitizenJP (1021 posts) -

AH I just thought of something...maaaaybe an MMORPG? :o

#14 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@CitizenJP said:

" Hmmm yeah it wouldn't be as fun if they did like Fable or Fallout like you guys said. Tough one to decide, I just don't know of that many RPGs. I sadden myself. :/ "

not that hard to find an obscure rpg atlus makes all of them 
  Baroque

Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena 
Crimson Gem Saga
  Demon's Souls

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
  Disgaea: 2

Disgaea: 3
  Dual Hearts

Eternal Poison
  Growlanser: 1,2,3,4,5

Metal Saga
  Operation Darkness
  Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
#15 Posted by CarpetRemnant (375 posts) -

Something mad japanese. Not an MMO, the matrix endurance thing was tedious at best for most of its run, not a fault of Ryan or Vinny it's just that MMO's are not fun to watch.

#16 Posted by CitizenJP (1021 posts) -
@Leakster: Yeah good point haha.
#17 Posted by lightsoda (541 posts) -

Wasn't P4 relatively new when they started? I think it'd have to be something they haven't played, and is somewhat recent. Buuut... P3?

#18 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -
@trophyhunter:  

Tooo true, dude, but nothing like Baroque, that'S waaay hardcore, and boring to watch. 
#19 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Something that's not boring or shitty, in other words, nothing that's been mentioned so far. The holidays are coming up, a 30 hour or less ER would make more sense than diving into another huge game.

#20 Posted by Thekeenan (74 posts) -

More like they will take a few months of no ER. I am pretty sure they mention they wanted to take a break for a bit. So I expect at least a month or two once persona is done before any possibility of a new ER being started. 

With that said any game coming out in the 4th quarter, (likely to the latter part of the quarter), of this year would seem to be fair game. In addition the criteria of being long enough and obscure enough would need to be met.

#21 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

That would normally make sense, but Q1 is more crowded than Q4 at this point. If they want to take a break, they would probably be better off doing that come January when all the delayed games start pouring out at once.

#22 Edited by YetiAntics (1490 posts) -

I really would not want another ER actually. 
the ER seems like a one hit wonder.  

If anything, I'd like a ER of Champions Online.
#23 Posted by ajamafalous (12004 posts) -
@CitizenJP said:
" @ajamafalous said:

" This is the 800th time this thread has been made. "

Lol really? I wouldn't know, I don't scan through the forums like that to even know. Do yeah, sorry I guess?  Guess you do though since you know it's around 800 hehe. :P "
No problem, I've just been seeing a new thread with the same topic for the past week or so every time I refresh the homepage.

As many have mentioned, Jeff and Vinny said (during the PAX Bombcast, I believe) that they were going to take a break after this ER before starting a new one. I would guess somewhere in between 2-6 months. As has also been mentioned, they won't pick a relatively popular game like Fallout, as it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining or garner as much viewership.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pick another SMT game. Everyone keeps mentioning Persona 3, but Vinny's already played it, so I highly doubt that they'd make an Endurance Run of it. Vinny said on one of the recent Bombcasts that he played a bit more of Devil Summoner, so, who knows, maybe they'll pick that.

Or, they'll just wait for Persona 5.
#24 Posted by Drebin_893 (2918 posts) -

Too... Many.... Similiar.... Threads...... 

Can't go..... On.

#25 Posted by MB (12433 posts) -