Next Friday is AVATAR DAY!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

Who else is going to the local IMAX to check this shit out?  
I can't wait to. Its going to be free so why not get a chance to see the very latest most advanced movie technology out there being showcased (about 20 minutes of the film is being shown).  

How much you want to bet that Sam Worthington (the marine looking dude) is the one actually being rendered in CG here.  
022_070_4k_x28r1M.jpg

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive

i am just mad curious to see how "UTTERLY AMAZING" the new 3D tech and the visual effects really are. 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By penguindust

After James Cameron painted such a rich and detailed image of the movie during his presentation at the Ubisoft E3 press conference, I feel I have seen it already.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Wait...what?  What the Hell is going on?  What did I not hear?  IS THERE AN AVATAR TRAILER FINALLY BEING RELEASED?!  WHEN?  WHERE?!?!?!?!

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Bigandtasty

I thought this was gonna be some weird XBL event or something. Still too many damn things named Avatar/uses for the term "avatar".

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive
@jakob187 said:
" Wait...what?  What the Hell is going on?  What did I not hear?  IS THERE AN AVATAR TRAILER FINALLY BEING RELEASED?!  WHEN?  WHERE?!?!?!?! "
trailer next friday. you can go to the nearest imax theater to see 15 minutes plus the trailer in 3d for free that day as well
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwoOneFive

uh, i just posted the latest screen shot. this is probably the most revealing yet at it shows the main characters avatar floating in a tank behind him. if that thing is CG than i am thoroughly impressed it looks real. 

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By inkeiren

I decided a while back not to watch this, I felt it'd ruin part of the experience of watching the movie for me. I've been excited for this since 08ish.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mikeeegeee

I bet Sam Worthington is CG in that shot and the effects are that good.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ryanwho

Idunno how impressed I am to see 3d people renderings that are impossible to differentiate from real people. Cus like, there are real people all over the place, man, give em work. Its only really good for bringing back dead people.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TwoOneFive
@ryanwho said:

" Idunno how impressed I am to see 3d people renderings that are impossible to differentiate from real people. Cus like, there are real people all over the place, man, give em work. Its only really good for bringing back dead people. "

uh. there are real actors being used for the CG, nobody is losing jobs here dude. its a new process where they can make a cg version of an actor and put him in places and do things impossible in the real world. it also makes every little detail down to the pours and the precise facial expressions incredibly realistic too. 
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mordukai
@PenguinDust said:
" After James Cameron painted such a rich and detailed image of the movie during his presentation at the Ubisoft E3 press conference, I feel I have seen it already. "
LOL