Next-Gen Console, Should I buy a warranty

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Poll Next-Gen Console, Should I buy a warranty (22 votes)

Yes, 2 year 36%
Yes, 4 year 9%
No, don't buy a warranty 55%

So I wanna buy an Xbox ∞. Should I get a warranty? Which retail store is better at this? I know Amazon sells a thing, but that seems iffy. So, is Best Buy an okay place to get a next-gen console warranty? What about Wal-Mart, or Target? GameStop, fuck it, sure! ~ Give me any good, or bad gaming warranty stories. Throw in a pc rig story, fucking why not?

Oh, I remember that BestBuy might currently have:

• 2 year warranty for $70
  • 4 year warranty for $140

So, yea. What are your retail experiences with these type of things. I have a PS3 slim, and it hasn't given out yet, but I don't know... I do play Blu-ray movies on it..

• 
killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just wait a year or so til they figure out all the bugs. some of the bugs. er... yeah go with the 4 year.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If there are issues, Microsoft will have you covered (I guess unless it's a year later and not a wide spread issues). However, if you want the ability to just walk into the store and pick up a new one, than ya I guess why not get a warranty.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your this weary just wait a bit or else the console is bound to ship with a one year warranty or 2 year one.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The two year for sure.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By shadows_kill

Thats up to you because I've never felt a need to. Best Buy's is nice because when my roommates Beats headphones broke they basically give you the price you paid (lets just say $300) and then add in the insurance (I don't know the real price but lets say $20) they just basically gave him $320 gift card to use on anything. Which would be nice for consoles if price drops you'd get extra $.

Neonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I got a warranty for this processor last month after fucking up the first two (long story) and it was the only one I was able to put in my computer no problem .-.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By pr1mus

I wouldn't. I say stick to the 1 year warranty. The 2 most likely scenarios are either the hardware won't be an unmitigated disaster like the 360 was at launch and so you won't need the longer warranty or it will be an unmitigated disaster in which case they'll likely extend the warranty for free.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would stick with the one year manufacturer. If there really is that widespread an issue again I suspect Sony/Microsoft will be pretty quick to extend warranties again (especially Microsoft). That being said, Microsoft really can't fuck this up again.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#10 riostarwind  Moderator

Every time I've bought a warranty it was a waste of money. If the new consoles make it past the first year without issues then you should be in the clear.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might not be such a bad idea especially if it's the next Xbox you're buying but since I live in Australia I wouldn't pay anymore than $50 for 2 years otherwise I'll stick with manufacturers warranty.