• 82 results
#1 Posted by ScreamingGhost (215 posts) -

Hey everyone so I've prepared a .zip file full of tons of different sized wallpapers of the Nighthawks piece I sent in last Friday. A lot of people have been asking me to create a wallpaper for their desktop so because of that I've created the image in pretty much every size I can think of. Also included is my previous Giant Bomb Wallpaper again with a bunch of different sizes. Most of the wallpapers have a cropped and bordered look which is due to thin format of the illustration. I'm a wallpaper junkie myself and I know how particular people can be on that so I tried to cover every angle. If there's a size that's not included let me know and I will add it to the group. Sorry you have to download them all at once but there are just to many PNGs to upload and link each and everyone or find a site to do it from.

Download Link (64 MBs)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxjxpc05ucklsf3/Giantbomb%20Wallpaper%20Collection.zip

(Sizes Included-Nighthawks)

4:3 - 1024 x 768 1280 x 960 1400 x 1050 1600 x 1200 1920 x 1440 2048 x 1536

5:4 - 1280 x 1024

Wide Res - 1280 x 800 1440 x 900 1680 x 1050 1920 x 1200 2560 x 1600 2880 x 1800

HD Res. - 1280 x 720 1366 x 768 1600 x 900 1920 x 1080

(Giant Bomb Logo Wallpaper)

1900 x 1080 1024 x 768 1280 x 1024 1600 x 1080 1900 x 1200 1920 x 1080 1920 x 1200 1600 x 1200

If somethings wrong with the link let me know and I'll get it fixed asap. I'll be checking back periodically to see if something is wrong. Also if this is in the wrong section Mods I'm sorry please just move it where it needs to be.

If you haven't seen the piece yet and would like to here's a link to two places you can view it.

http://tigerhawk01.deviantart.com/art/Nighthawks-The-Giant-Bomb-Edition-393809008

http://samfilstrup.tumblr.com/post/58473179613/nighthawks-the-giant-bomb-edition-by-sam#notes

Oh and last of all thanks for all the compliments on the piece over the last couple days everybody. I'm still working on the print situation and will try and find a way to make that happen, hopefully this will do for now.

#2 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3791 posts) -

Nah, this pretty fucking awesome. Great job, duder!

#3 Edited by ScreamingGhost (215 posts) -
#4 Posted by two_socks (236 posts) -

Awesome dude, thanks for posting these!

#5 Posted by Kinapuff (244 posts) -

Welcome onboard, new wallpaper. Great job, and thanks for offering a huge ZIP with all of these!

#6 Posted by ThunderSlash (1971 posts) -

Whoa nice! I like how Scoops is having some delicious spirits.

#7 Posted by TheHT (11839 posts) -

Unbelievable duder. Love all the small details.

#8 Posted by 1DER (82 posts) -

Fantastic work duder.

#9 Edited by zenmastah (999 posts) -

Thank you so much for these.

#10 Edited by Cold_Wolven (2297 posts) -

These are just so awesome.

#11 Posted by Itwongo (1246 posts) -

Oh shit you are a god

#12 Edited by ScreamingGhost (215 posts) -

@two_socks said:

Awesome dude, thanks for posting these!

No problem.

@itwongo said:

Oh shit you are a god

I like the sound of that.

Thank you so much for these.

Your Welcome duder.

Whoa nice! I like how Scoops is having some delicious spirits.

Glad you noticed, Patrick can't even get a drink without being haunted by spooks.

#13 Edited by selbie (1969 posts) -

Luchadeer got beef with Drew. Love it.

#14 Posted by subliminal_kid (60 posts) -

Thanks ScreamingGhost, now I'm off to listen to Nighthawks at the Diner for the umpteenth time.

#15 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (6012 posts) -

Everytime I turn around, another community member does another piece of amazing fan art. I love the Giant Bomb angle on Nighthawks. Incredible!

I've got my new desktop background.

#16 Edited by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

This really is fantastic, I was jealous of the print Brad was showing off on the last mailbag.

#17 Posted by phampire (289 posts) -

Looks great on my desktop, thanks duder!

#18 Posted by Lenny (84 posts) -

Thanks for giving this away!

#19 Posted by devine1210 (35 posts) -

This is awesome. Thanks, duder.

#21 Edited by Andorski (5374 posts) -

#22 Posted by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

I thought this was going to be about that awful Cage and Camu Tao album

#23 Edited by papercut (3558 posts) -

All my love.

#24 Posted by papercut (3558 posts) -

All my love.

#25 Edited by MeAuntieNora (642 posts) -

Seriously awesome!

I have to confess, at first I thought Ryan's mini-sombrero was a golden laurel wreath and I enjoyed that quite a bit.

Then I realized my mistake and enjoyed it even more.

#26 Posted by Undeadpool (5003 posts) -

@screamingghost: All this AND a Capt. Commando icon?! The joy center of my brain has been redlined!

Love all the background details (Lang's Arcade, Harmonix Music with the icons, the puppy on Rorie's shoulder, the spooky "spirits" in Scoops' glass)

#27 Posted by c_rakestraw (854 posts) -

Incredible. Love all the little touches in the background.

#28 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1229 posts) -

That is fucking awesome! I love that the "bathroom" is the recording booth. XD also I love that you put the Tested blockheads on the wall. Never forget the time they used to be part of the family.

#29 Posted by StriderNo9 (1149 posts) -

Awesome, and thanks for the upload.

#30 Posted by MachoFantastico (4890 posts) -

Woo! Thanks for these, been looking forward to putting them up. Great work.

#31 Posted by iragequit (334 posts) -

Thankful.gif

#32 Edited by BBAlpert (1583 posts) -

I'm sure I'll figure it out and feel really stupid immediately after posting this, but are there 2 Drews? The guy between Ryan and Jeff, and the guy getting stared down by Luchadeer.

#33 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1229 posts) -

@bbalpert: The guy between Ryan and Jeff is Dave and the one being stared down by Luchadeer is Drew. At least that's how I see it.

#34 Posted by BBAlpert (1583 posts) -

@bbalpert: The guy between Ryan and Jeff is Dave and the one being stared down by Luchadeer is Drew. At least that's how I see it.

Ahh, yeah that seems about right. I guess I assumed it wouldn't be Dave since there was already the Hardcore Dave poster hanging in the corner. On a related note, who is the guy striking that Han Solo-esque pose? I'm guessing Alexis, but it could also maybe be Tony from Comic Vine.

#35 Posted by Maajin (1092 posts) -

This is the best wallpaper of all time.

#36 Posted by SpudBug (633 posts) -

Any plans to print this as a poster? Any reason I couldn't take it to a print shop and do so myself? I love them both.

#37 Posted by GaspoweR (3533 posts) -

AAAAAAHHHHHMAAAAAAYZING.

#38 Edited by ScreamingGhost (215 posts) -

@bbalpert said:

I'm sure I'll figure it out and feel really stupid immediately after posting this, but are there 2 Drews? The guy between Ryan and Jeff, and the guy getting stared down by Luchadeer.

Here's a list of who is who in the picture.

Left to Right - Luchadeer, Brad, Alex N., Jeff, Dave Snider, Ryan, Patrick, Vinny, Alexis (Portrait as Han Solo), Matt, and finally Drew

and yep that's Alexis, I wanted to have him in there with the group but I couldn't fit him in anywhere without running the composition. So I noticed when using reference photos of the guys for the caricatures he had a picture of Han Solo so I used that as inspiration. As to comic vine I really wanted to incorporate something but I simply ran out of ideas and room.

@screamingghost: All this AND a Capt. Commando icon?! The joy center of my brain has been redlined!

Love all the background details (Lang's Arcade, Harmonix Music with the icons, the puppy on Rorie's shoulder, the spooky "spirits" in Scoops' glass)

The full commando piece http://tigerhawk01.deviantart.com/art/Captain-Commando-331603670

Thanks for all the positive and warm comments duders, suffice to say I read them all and its made my day

#39 Posted by Aviar (452 posts) -

Great job!

#40 Posted by altairre (1289 posts) -

I normally don't put Giant Bomb related stuff to my desktop wallpapers but this is too awesome not to. I adore the style and the mood you created (the little details like the spookin' with scoops reference really add to it too). Looks like it could be a location from a point and click adventure. Just great.

#41 Posted by AMyggen (3698 posts) -

Give this man a Premium membership!

#42 Posted by AMyggen (3698 posts) -

Give this man a Premium membership!

#43 Posted by DrStrangepork (164 posts) -

Nice work, really good. I like the style and the nice little background touches. The simple fact that you made these available to everyone says a lot.

You have my gratitude.

#44 Posted by Zero_ (1977 posts) -

It's in my wallpaper rotation now :) Awesome, though it's gonna be hard to see Ryan every time.

#45 Edited by Red12b (9085 posts) -

Dude,

that is spectacular

#46 Posted by Deltan (44 posts) -

Love it, great job! :D

Dropbox pro-tip for others, you can't "Save Target As.." on the zip. It will download a zero byte zip, you must follow the link through to dropbox's page.

#47 Posted by GValo (295 posts) -

Awesome! Thanks duder. Class job covering so many bases with the different sizes!

#48 Edited by Atom (210 posts) -

I love the little sombrero and Ryan's expression. Damn I miss that magnificent bastard...

Anyway, awesome work, duder!

#49 Posted by RetroVirus (1492 posts) -

This is absolutely amazing. This kind of art makes me so happy, and it's great to see GB get its own version Nighthawks.

#50 Posted by Ninja_Welshman (500 posts) -

Wow, thanks dude. Keep up the amazing work!!