• 198 results
fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#51  Edited By fox01313

As the Wii isn't really much of a next gen console over the previous one I think that this new console will be what the Wii should have been if Nintendo waited a while to see what people were wanting & how the tech was going before putting out the Wii. Even if it is a next gen console it's still from Nintendo so I'm guessing it'll won't be that much next gen beyond what's out there now.

TehFedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By TehFedro

Hoping a possible launch title would be Luigi's Mansion 2! Sorry I just want another one...

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#53  Edited By MeatSim

This will force Sony and Microsoft's hands so where gonna be seeing 3 new consoles in the next couple years.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By Wraxend

Doubt i'll by another ninetendo console again. We got the wii the day it came out in the UK and in all that time I've bought 6 games for it. Talk about a crap investment.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Moonshadow101

You forgot "And the online system won't be absurdly archaic."

Oh, no, wait: Nobody is reporting that. Damn.
Zeemod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Zeemod

The last time I was exited about a Nintendo console I ended up slightly disappointed. I feel I shouldn't get too excited just in case.

Lokno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By Lokno

Great! And I'll get it in 2013 when there's something decent to play for it. Ok? Go Team!

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By Jadeskye
@Dtat said:
" YES! That means Sony and Microsoft will be forced to launch new consoles as well! Then I can get one of those instead of whatever Nintendo is making! "
Lol you clearly havn't thought this through my friend.
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59  Edited By wrighteous86
@Everyones_A_Critic said:

" I kind of wish it was just a normal game console and didn't strive to be different. "

Because... you want Nintendo to fail again?

They can't directly compete with the other two systems anymore, especially given their poor relations with third parties. 

Even if they get the same games as 360 and PS3 on the Wii2, why would you buy the Nintendo version of the multiplatform game? Because Wii2 might be more powerful? That doesn't help the PS3. There's no way that Nintendo will be in the lead by being the same as their competitors because that market has already been won by Microsoft. 

Coming in this late with something moderately more powerful will not be enough to get the most sales. They need something besides graphics to sway public opinion in their favor... that's a lesson Sony has learned on both the console and handheld fronts this generation.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By ajamafalous

Electronic Entertainment Expo Expo.

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#61  Edited By Siphillis

Damnit, now all Nintendo needs to show is some sort of HD Galaxy game, and I'm already in line.

What would really slap Sony and Microsoft sideways is if this console co-existed with the Wii, so Nintendo has an entire platform dedicated to the casual market, another for the hardcore, and a handheld in between.
Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#62  Edited By Contro

Yoshio Sakamoto of Nintendo:

"It’ll leave your mouth open, At Nintendo we always have the obligation to surprise users with a new game console. We have never done what others have. We prefer to create something new that catches attention, and I think this will continue this time as well. Surely the new Nintendo machine will leave you all with your mouth open.”

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#63  Edited By avantegardener

Nintendo get every company in a cafuffle about motion controls and while there off developing this nonsense, Nintendo start work on next gen HD console. Flipping genius.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ajamafalous
@Contro said:
"

"It’ll leave your mouth open, At Nintendo we always have the obligation to surprise users with a new game console. We have never done what others have. We prefer to create something new that catches attention, and I think this will continue this time as well. Surely the new Nintendo machine will leave you all with your mouth open.”

"
Mouths agape, ready to accept the Stream?
GozerTC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65  Edited By GozerTC

Well I look forward to seeing it, from a distance, in a giant glass case, at E3. :)

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By bretthancock

Backwards compatibility is A+ with me.  Resident Evil remakes on Gamecube are still played around my house, good times.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#67  Edited By Catolf
@avantegardener said:
" Nintendo get in every company in a cafuffle about motion controls and while there off developing this nonsense, Nintendo start work on next gen HD console. Flipping genius. "
Nintendo.. your a clever SOB
mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mnzy

The most important question is: Will they send actual hookers and coke to gaming sites this time on release?

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By RVonE
@ajamafalous said:
"
                @Contro said:
"

"
            "

Gross, duder.
sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#70  Edited By sammo21

I will NOT be getting this new Nintendo at launch...unless they have some crazy launch title madness...which its Nintendo so that's laughable.  After working as hard to get a Wii as I did when it was launched I can say its my disappointing console launch in the last 15 years.  Same for 3DS, Gamecube, and the DS.  Do you see a pattern there?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be interesting hopefully sony and MS will release there new consoles soon I'm sick of the PC being held back because of current console hardware and most games its time for consoles  to play catch up as much as they can.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Contro
@Siphillis said:

" Damnit, now all Nintendo needs to show is some sort of HD Galaxy game, and I'm already in line.
What would really slap Sony and Microsoft sideways is if this console co-existed with the Wii, so Nintendo has an entire platform dedicated to the casual market, another for the hardcore, and a handheld in between.
"

I'm guessing the originals will up-scale on the new machine.  Nintendo's first party Wii games seem as though they've been coded to display in HD, but of course the Wii isn't able to display in HD. Perhaps this new machine will put that right?.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ajamafalous
@RVonE said:
" @ajamafalous said:
"
                @Contro said:
"

"
            "
Gross, duder. "
Hey man, don't shoot the messenger. I'm not the one rambling on about open mouths.
Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#74  Edited By Aaron_G

So it begins I guess. I am not sure if I really ready to start the process of getting new consoles again. 

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By RVonE
@ajamafalous:
fair enough. :D
Jtan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jtan21

Heh heh, I'm digging Nintendo continuing the theme of words used to describe urine as their title for consoles.

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#77  Edited By Siphillis
@Contro said:
" @Siphillis said:
" Damnit, now all Nintendo needs to show is some sort of HD Galaxy game, and I'm already in line.

"
I'm guessing the originals will up-scale on the new machine.  Nintendo's first party Wii games seem as they've been coded to display in HD, but of course the Wii isn't able to display in HD. Perhaps this new machine will put that right?.
"
Unless Cafe supports an emulator with interpretation, Wii games will remain in EDTV.  Upscaling is a rather complicated procedure that rarely works as intended (see Xbox 360, PS3, most modern DVD players).  Knowing Nintendo, expect  "Remastered" versions of Wii and GameCube games.
spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#78  Edited By spazmaster666

Considering this console is launching six years after the PS3 and seven years after the 360, I would hope it would be more powerful. <_<

Gildermershina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Gildermershina

Colour me cautiously optimistic. I like the idea that Nintendo almost sat this generation out in terms of a hardware race, filled their pockets, and now they have the chance to beat the other two to the punch.

I'm less optimistic about the online experience, but we'll see how the 3DS stuff pans out.
Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Contro

Nintendo Streamcast, made in partnership with Sega Enterprises

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#81  Edited By Gerhabio

Call it Cappuccin with a Grossly exaggerated Japanese accent.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#82  Edited By Vexxan
@avantegardener said:
" Nintendo get every company in a cafuffle about motion controls and while there off developing this nonsense, Nintendo start work on next gen HD console. Flipping genius. "
AMEN!

Also, love all those mockups, some crazy shit circulating the internetz.
raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By raiz265
@ShaggyChu said:
" @familyphotoshoot: The light is on and nothing is plugged in. Herp derp. "
wireless electricity, there's an antenna on the back!
Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Winternet

And the bad console names continue.

mrburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mrburger
@Dtat said:
" YES! That means Sony and Microsoft will be forced to launch new consoles as well! Then I can get one of those instead of whatever Nintendo is making! "
Heh.
benu302000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By benu302000

Mmmm, if it turns out to be more powerful than the 360 and PS3, that might trigger the other 2 to rush ahead and try to get their succesors out earlier than they might otherwise. Which sucks, frankly. I'm just getting settled in to my PS3. What the hell could new consoles possibly offer?

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Skytylz
@spankingaddict said:
" Just as long as Nintendo starts making unique,great games consistently, I'll be happy... "
They always have, those are usually the only good games on their consoles.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Wrighteous86 said:
" @Everyones_A_Critic said:

" I kind of wish it was just a normal game console and didn't strive to be different. "

Because... you want Nintendo to fail again?

They can't directly compete with the other two systems anymore, especially given their poor relations with third parties. 

Even if they get the same games as 360 and PS3 on the Wii2, why would you buy the Nintendo version of the multiplatform game? Because Wii2 might be more powerful? That doesn't help the PS3. There's no way that Nintendo will be in the lead by being the same as their competitors because that market has already been won by Microsoft. 

Coming in this late with something moderately more powerful will not be enough to get the most sales. They need something besides graphics to sway public opinion in their favor... that's a lesson Sony has learned on both the console and handheld fronts this generation.

"
My god, are people still trying say that Nintendo failed?  Nintendo didn't fail at all this round.  The won - over 60% of market share.  MS hasn't won the market at all.  You really need to wake to reality.
Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#89  Edited By buzz_killington

Was it Jeff who said this whole thing smells a little too much like the Dreamcast? I agree with him.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By DonPixel
@Duffyside said:
" Great job Patr... uh... Brad? Yeah, great job, Brad. "
what´s with this lame comparations/bashing going on?.. both are cool
this is the only site were kids come to be video game jounalist fanboys, pretty pretty lame. 
DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By DonPixel
@familyphotoshoot: looks like an external hard drive.. uggg
Norusdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Norusdog

$100 says it's just a slightly (VERY slightly) more powerful Wii but with built in 3D and HD resolutions...and maybe..just MAYBE...full body movement controls a la Kinect.

either way it'll be a gimick console, that's hard to find, and behind in tech than any of the others coming out.

and yes I love my Wii.  Doesn't change what it actually is.

paulunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By paulunga

I sure as fuck hope that a console released in 2012 will be more powerful than ones from 2005/2006.

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#94  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

Colour me ecstatic, I will definitely be picking this console up when it releases. I started playing video games on a GameBoy, and then a Nintendo 64, then a GameCube, and then switched over to an Xbox 360 at the start of this generation. While I love Microsoft and Sony, I plan on getting a good laptop or desktop to play  computer games so a Nintendo system with Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and Motion Controls to complement a computer with Battlefield, Crysis, Half-Life and keyboard and mouse will be wonderful.

I can see the GiantBomb Quick Look caption already. "Streaming.....the Stream...?...?...?"

helios1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By helios1337

Wii... Stream...what is with the pissing obsession?

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Jimbo

Tricky position for them to jump into.  Is there much to be gained from releasing a console which is only a little bit more powerful than 360 / PS3?  Multiplat games probably won't bother to take advantage of that extra power, and the advantage will be wiped out as soon as Microsoft and Sony's next consoles come out a year or two later.  This will either see Nintendo being ignored again or multiplats will be limited to what the new Nintendo can do.

I figure they might as well aim to just match the current 360 standard or try and get somewhere handy to the next MS/Sony standard.  In between seems like a waste of time. 

Obviously if they have something crazy up their sleeve again then all bets are off.

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By BoatDrinks

So can we say the wii is the most successful disappointment ever? 

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By PJ
@Dtat: I dont think Sony or Microsoft give a damn what Nintendo does anymore. And Microsoft wont do anything untill Sony does since the 360 is still selling incredably well(close to a half a million per month in the US). And Sony wont do a new console for atleast 2years since the NGP is(should) be their main focus right now. If they dont go 100% on the NGP then it will be hard times at Sony in the near future.
Avatar image for chubbaluphigous
Chubbaluphigous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Chubbaluphigous

This has communism written all over it.

citizenjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By citizenjp

Long live Nintendo and their robot overlords.