#1 Edited by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

The Nintendo of America President was recently asked whether games will come to the Nintendo eShop for Wii U. Fils-Aime responded to the question by saying Nintendo currently has nothing to announce, but he would personally love for it to happen.

Will GameCube games ever come to the [Wii U] Virtual Console?

“That is a great question. And personally I would love for that to happen, but we have nothing to announce right now.”

I personally think It's inevitable. What I'd like to see however is upscaled versions of some their first party GC titles. During recent years we've all seen how good some of these games look when upscaled on Dolphin. I'd love to play a HD versions of Wind Waker and SM Sunshine on Wii U, but have little hope of this happening because of the aims of the Virtual Console (games in their original state), which Nintendo have only on one occasion shirked from (Starfox 64).

Kotaku have done a round up of what games they'd like to see available for download on Wii U...Mario Strikers is a very odd choice imo.

• Skies of Arcadia: Legends
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  • Resident Evil 4
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
  • Eternal Darkness
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Metroid Prime
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
  • Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
  • Super Mario Strikers

http://kotaku.com/5944545/10-gamecube-games-that-should-be-downloadable-on-wii-u

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

It would be awesome to have GC games on there, but the Wii U just wont have enough memory if you want to have a ton of them downloaded. Better bust out that external hard drive for them if you want to DL them if it happens.

#3 Posted by believer258 (12180 posts) -

I'd just like it if they made the Metroid Prime Trilogy a Wii store (or whatever) game. It's a crying shame that they had that on a limited run, such amazing games...

Yes, Dolphin, but most people don't even know what Dolphin is, let alone have a computer that can run those games on Dolphin very well.