Nintendo partners with Universal Studios Parks

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MocBucket62

So apparently Nintendo Land will be a thing, sort of. Today Nintendo confirmed that they made a deal with Universal Parks and Resorts to create theme park attractions featuring their numerous IP's and characters in all of the Universal Studios Parks that are based in America and East Asia. The announcement came shortly after Nintendo announced that they made better earnings than was expected, which is partly due to yen becoming weaker. According to Satoru Iwata, sounds like Nintendo has considered the option to go into the theme-park business for a long time, but they really want to introduce new customers to their consoles and games rather than simply just make money off of licensing. If any of you want to read more on the news, here's the link.

This will be an interesting experiment for both Nintendo and Universal to see how much of a draw the world of Nintendo can be in the amusement park business. I think this will work big time if they can utilize their properties right. I have a feeling we'll get at least two Mario rides, one would be a Super Mario Roller Coaster and the other would be a Mario Kart track. What if they went meta and put Baby Park from Mario Kart Double Dash as the track to ride on? Legend of Zelda will most likely get an attraction/ride. Pokemon will also probably get a ride, but if they did it right, make a ride about Pokemon Snap. Animal Crossing might get something too, though I don't know what could be done for that. And the way I see it, other Nintendo IP's like Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero and Punch-Out will only be represented in the form of either merchandise stores or themed restaurants, sadly. Even though rides/attractions for those would be rad.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Ashly Burch will be shaking her fist in the air and shouting "Nintendooooooo!" ... again.

Loading Video...

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And it begins.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4  Edited By GERALTITUDE

I guess this makes sense?

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, real life Nintendola-- GOD DAMMIT BEAT ME TO IT

hylian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I saw this.

I am so happy.

This made my day.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like I know where I'll be planning my next vacation.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I can't wait for the "Fire Emblem permadeath stage show" where if the actors mess up they don't get to perform the next week.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would totally go since I live in Florida, but Universal Studios is so damn expensive.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I guess that's a good fit for universal studios. They need more kiddie stuff. Do kids nowadays even know about Jaws and King Kong, etc?

mathey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Doot-doot-doot doo-doo-doo-doo-doo

Doot-doot-doot doo-doo-doo-doo-doo

(I hope some day Jeff or Patrick get to pose with some schlub dressed in a Yoshi costume)