Avatar image for deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de
deactivated-5d0d1bbdad7de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Sorry for the shoddy Snipping Tool highlighting.

So yeah, Nintendo have taken, in my opinion, one of few brilliant things the Wii U has going for it at the moment, and bludgeoned it to death in a matter of minutes. I know that some people won't mind this, and I know that this will probably end up causing a bit less bullshit in some of the communities *cough* SUPER SMASH BROS. *cough*, but... COME ON! WHY WOULD YOU DEVELOP A FUCKING SOCIAL NETWORK AND FUCKING LIMIT THE ACTUAL SOCIAL NETWORK PART?! WHY WOULD YOU TAKE A SERVICE THAT A LARGE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE USE AND MAKE IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO ENJOY?

任天堂あなたをファック。あなたをファック。

/rant

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

There's better way to handle things like this, like GB. Here you can't post more than two times in a row before someone else does.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@steamrickroller: You mean you're angry that you can no longer spam posts that say nothing but "GOKUGOKUGOKUGOKU!111" in any of Sakurai's Smash Bros. update posts?

This cooldown is a welcome addition to make Miiverse more palatable to people that aren't children or behave as such online. It's not making it impossible to post. It just puts a limit on successive posting to prevent torrents of utter bullshit, which has been Miiverse's real problem up to this point. Hell, even here, on Giant Bomb, you can't post more than twice in a row on any topic.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

God forbid they would want to try to put a stop to some super spam and make it a thing people would actually want to use!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel I can see where you're coming from, and I'm, quite frankly, tired of those shitty posts as well, but if you wanted to get rid of those posts, wouldn't it just be better just to improve the standards of the administration system on Miiverse? Sure, it'd be a lot harder, but it'd cause waaaaaaay less backlash. Even if you log onto Miiverse right now, you'll see everybody's getting upset about the update. And the admin system on Miiverse has been sub-par since launch anyways, so now would be a perfect time to do it

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not see the problem.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't see what's so outrageous about having to wait three minutes (!) between posts. That's not a long time at all, and it's an easy filter for spam.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Tom_omb

I've never needed to post that frequently on the Miiverse, I don't see the issue. Perhaps you could enlighten us with and example of how this is a detrimental new feature for you?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steamrickroller: The admins on Miiverse aren't to blame for the spammy behavior. As long as that spam doesn't technically violate the Terms of Service, there's nothing to moderate. But backend changes that can inhibit such stupidity are welcome.

Nintendo is making Miiverse more inviting by making it less inviting to post spamming. If this upsets you, you're likely part of the crowd that created the problem in the first place and have little desire to see actual discourse take place there.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheBlue

A 3 minute cooldown for the internet is most certainly not a bad thing. Perhaps some people will think before they spout nonsense in a post.

Also disappointed the Miiverse isn't actually a pile of puppies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tom_omb: I use Miiverse, more or less, every day for the past year or so. I have absolutely no idea why I do that instead of ACTUAL RESOURCEFUL THINGS but I just kinda like using it. Not everybody on it is a random 10-year old kid spurting random nonsense about how Goku, Naruto, and his totally awesome Sonic OC should be in Smash Bros. There are actually some really nice, really cool people on Miiverse.

So, say if I having a discussion with someone on Miiverse about...something. Normally, it'd be totally fine, no problems, fun times all around. But because of the new 3-minute commenting limit, that couldn't happen, because people wouldn't be able to comment for three minutes which would slow the discussion down to a sloth's pace. No fun.

Oh, and I know this has nothing to do with the commenting delay, but THEART,DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still hold this to be the best moment of Miiverse.

Loading Video...

Illuminosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Illuminosopher

I use Miiverse all the time and I see no problem with this, if you want to have a conversation use the video chat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really see a problem. Waiting for someone else to respond, and then writing out your own post would take a minute or two anyway.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steamrickroller: Fair enough, I can't say I've ever gotten into any back and forth discussions on Miiverse. I do like posting drawings and receiving positive instant feedback from the community. In an internet full of negativity I'm glad a community like this exists. Although the user base does skew pretty young. Also, thanks for showing me the Web Miiverse, I didn't know this was a thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue said:

Next-gen is here, motherfuckers
Next-gen is here, motherfuckers

@tom_omb I checked out your profile, and I have to say, your drawings are really good! Definitely gonna follow you. On Miiverse. Not in real life. Because that would be fucked up.

Also, one of my friends on Miiverse found a workaround. If you post a comment from your Wii U, you won't be able to comment for 3 minutes - unless you log in to Miiverse on another device (3DS, Browser, or Mobile) and comment there, in which case the 3 minute delay won't take place. So if you had a Wii U, a 3DS, a computer and a smartphone, you could still make 4 comments in as many minutes, if you wanted to do so

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steamrickroller said:

So, say if I having a discussion with someone on Miiverse about...something. Normally, it'd be totally fine, no problems, fun times all around. But because of the new 3-minute commenting limit, that couldn't happen, because people wouldn't be able to comment for three minutes which would slow the discussion down to a sloth's pace. No fun.

It is entirely possible to discuss something (even at length) by making only one post every three minutes. It's a public message board, not a private chat room. If you're posting replies to a message board once per minute (or more!) then you're being ridiculously spammy and are likely causing an annoyance for everyone else who's trying to follow the topic too.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

WTF? I don't even...

Loading Video...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steamrickroller: If you're going to the lengths of posting on multiple devices to get around the limit, that's a sign that you need to take a serious break from posting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Three minutes isn't that long of a period of time. I wasn't even aware people were having breakneck paced conversations on the miiverse, why don't you just use a chat client for that?

I just like to look at dumb drawings of pokemon.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Yeah, this change seems totally within reason, and you're overreacting. It helps Miiverse comments much more than it hurts them.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I WANT GOKU, SHADOW, AND NARUTO IN SMASH BROTHERS SAKURAI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1: Acknowledge that the update was implemented to help stop spamming and irrational comments and/or posts

2. Log into Miiverse

3. Go into the Youtube community

4. Go into the Super Smash Bros Community

5. Weep uncontrollably

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By JBG4

I actually think this is a good move and will significantly limit spam.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblue said:

@tom_omb I checked out your profile, and I have to say, your drawings are really good! Definitely gonna follow you. On Miiverse. Not in real life. Because that would be fucked up.

Thanks, following you as well.

How about a pile of Kittens? There are some amazing artists on Miiverse.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tom_omb: Have you downloaded Sketchpad? I think it's like $3 in the Nintendo Shop.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By freakin9

This seems like a u problem. Not a problem for mii.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By crithon

welp, I just got one of those. An angry commentor saying I'm spoiling Zelda Ocarina of Time on 3ds by taking a screenshot of Ganon. Had a big long warning letter from Nintendo telling me I hurt his feelings and then I had to click a drop down and say "I understand."

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mcfart

They need to reintroduce drawing pics for the miiverse. it was the only thing that gamepad was good for

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon: Did you mark your post as a spoiler?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hailinel

@dudeglove: Something tells me the wording in the message wasn't literally regarding hurting another user's feelings. But Miiverse does have a policy against spoilers and asks any user that makes a post with spoilers in it to tag it as a spoiler post before submitting.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Tom_omb

@lunnington: Not yet, but I'm thinking about it. When Child of Light comes out I might do one big spending spree that includes Metroid Fusion and Sketchpad.