#1 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2496 posts) -

Do you guy's like nit-picking in your review's?I'm not gonna name any names of site's that"Nitpick"because all site's do it sometimes.I personally don't care about nit-picking but if you take that into account when you set a score for the game then that does annoy me a little bit.

#2 Edited by MattyFTM (14244 posts) -

Yes, I like nit-picking in reviews. I like to know everything bad about a game before I buy it. Knowing the bad things about a game is much more important than knowing the good things. I can discover the good things for myself, but the bad things I don't want to discover them and be bummed out by them, so I like to know them before I play it so I am prepared for them.

#3 Posted by DarthMaul (803 posts) -

I agree with what Matty said.
I always want to know the cons to a game before I play/buy it. Finding out that it's bad after I play it just makes me a sad panda.

#4 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Nit-picking is fine with me and I don't care about the score of a review unlike most people. I care about the review and reading it should tell me all I want to know.

#5 Edited by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

I'm the most nit-picking person I know, to the point where I made a buddy of mine actually hate Mass Effect, the game he'd revered for months.

That being said, I don't quite like nit-picking in reviews, it just comes off as a little petty. I guess it should still be allowed though. All styles are welcome.

Except 1UP's.

#6 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2496 posts) -
Jayge said:
"I'm the most nit-picking person I know, to the point where I made a buddy of mine actually hate Mass Effect, the game he'd revered for months.

That being said, I don't quite like nit-picking in reviews, it just comes off as a little petty. I guess it should still be allowed though. All styles are welcome.

Except 1UP's."
Yea,in my review's I usally don't nit-pick,but if it's a major hyped game I mention every little detail that I see wrong.
#7 Posted by Weltal (2268 posts) -

Of course, pointing out problems with the game,minor to major, is part of the review.

#8 Posted by Kung_Fu_Viking (693 posts) -

Definitley yes, sometimes it can be those things that the "nitpickers" find that can ruin the overall experience. Even the tiniest thing can do it.

#9 Posted by project343 (2807 posts) -

Any annoyance, no matter how small, may be a valid complaint. I want to know all of them, and dismiss them as I see fit.

#10 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

If I were going to write a view, I would apply my critical eye and not base my view on the level of enjoyment I had alone. But I just play games and I'll point out things to myself that bother me, though that doesn't get in the way of fun.

#11 Posted by Shocker (2339 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"Yes, I like nit-picking in reviews. I like to know everything bad about a game before I buy it. Knowing the bad things about a game is much more important than knowing the good things. I can discover the good things for myself, but the bad things I don't want to discover them and be bummed out by them, so I like to know them before I play it so I am prepared for them."
Well said.