#1 Posted by Baillie (4194 posts) -

I tried watching some videos in HD and it wouldn't load, well maybe it was but it was taking forever. So I tried downloding HD versions of a couple of videos, and they don't appear to be HD, just standard quality. 

Just me?

#2 Posted by Tebbit (4465 posts) -

I haven't tried downloading any, but they either are taking forever, or are taking... almost forever.

#3 Posted by FadedOasis (61 posts) -

They either haven't uploaded them or, in the case of older videos, they haven't converted them yet.

#4 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
@Baillie: Depends on how old the videos are.  Dave said on the membership podcast that it will take them at least a month to finish the backlog of videos.
#5 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

Remember that they just put the website up again after some downtime, and people are handling their multipasses and stuff. Expect things to go slow / not work for a couple of hours at least.

#6 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Try using progressive instead of streaming on videos - I found it works a lot better. 
 Depends on the video too. I'm halfway through the Persona 4 endurance run and that's definitely not available in 720p yet.

#7 Posted by Baillie (4194 posts) -
@CitizenKane: I tried a few of the new ones. The mobile site isn't up yet either. Probably all be ironed out by the end of the day, hopefully! :)
#8 Posted by Borodin (417 posts) -
@Baillie: The mobile site is working for me? :O
#9 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

Yea, so far I haven't been able to get a HD video or anything. Bummer.

#10 Posted by Spencer (252 posts) -

I tried the PAX showfloor video and it was 640x360, compared 1280x720 (the resolution of the test WUTANG video Dave uploaded).

#11 Posted by MonkeyGekko (278 posts) -
@Baillie: The mobile site is up and running, its just another URL (m.giantbomb.com). I accessed on the mobile site by logging on the regular site with my multi-pass.
#12 Posted by Mijati (922 posts) -

It seemed to work fine for me, although a few of the videos weren't loading perfectly (Damn it, why can't I watch Ship Simulator Extremes in 720p?) but I put that down to the traffic load. And I looked back at the P4 Endurance run and some of the later episodes seemed to be available in HD.

For downloading in HD I had to right click -> Save Link as and it started downloading fine.

#13 Posted by elko84 (1072 posts) -

No HD here either.  Tried downloading the HD file and while the file is different from the High quality file it doesn't appear to be HD.

#14 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
@Baillie said:
" @CitizenKane: I tried a few of the new ones. The mobile site isn't up yet either. Probably all be ironed out by the end of the day, hopefully! :) "
You expect something Mike was in complete control over to work properly on day one?  Boy, are you misguided.
#15 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5145 posts) -

Works fine for me.

#16 Edited by Baillie (4194 posts) -
@DarkDude: Yeah, but is it actually HD? :/ 

@MonkeyGekko said:

" @Baillie: The mobile site is up and running, its just another URL (m.giantbomb.com). I accessed on the mobile site by logging on the regular site with my multi-pass. "

Oh, isn't it supposed to detect I'm on a mobile device and go to the mobile site automatically? 

@CitizenKane: He is top men after all.
#17 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -
@Baillie:  nope you need to login and it changes
#18 Posted by Branthog (5562 posts) -

Be patient. That's a lot of fucking Ps to put together.

#19 Posted by MonkeyGekko (278 posts) -
@Baillie said:
@MonkeyGekko said:

" @Baillie: The mobile site is up and running, its just another URL (m.giantbomb.com). I accessed on the mobile site by logging on the regular site with my multi-pass. "

Oh, isn't it supposed to detect I'm on a mobile device and go to the mobile site automatically?   
I thought that myself at first, but as far as I know it is exclusive to payed members only, so you have to log in first. It seems like it will detect your mobile device and launch the mobile site automatically, once you have logged in once.   
#20 Posted by Mijati (922 posts) -
@Baillie:  No idea, I have terrible eye sight and the old video looked good enough to me anyway! I'm sure when the 720p videos finally work then I'll notice a difference. The 720p downloads do seem a lot bigger in filesize though (650mb for an episode of the Endurance run compared to 250mb for high before) which would indicate that it's working, at least for downloads.
#21 Posted by Baillie (4194 posts) -
@MonkeyGekko said:
" @Baillie said:
@MonkeyGekko said:

I thought that myself at first, but as far as I know it is exclusive to payed members only, so you have to log in first. It seems like it will detect your mobile device and launch the mobile site automatically, once you have logged in once.    "
Well, I'm logged in and when I go to giantbomb.com it doesn't change it to the mobile version. 

@DarkDude: What episode are you downloading?
#22 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (659 posts) -

I think it will be a few days for all the new videos to be in HD, while the older videos take a bit longer.

#23 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

If you want to watch a few quick HD videos, they are at gametrailers for free.

#24 Posted by piderman (204 posts) -
@BaaG said:
" A bit odd this one.  Downloaded the PAX Showfloor video in High vs HD.   High: 101.4 MB, Res: 640 x 360 Bitrate: 1,627 HD: 227.6 MB, Res: 640 x 360 Bitrate: 3,654  So the HD video, while it has a higher bitrate than the normal High videos, is not actually HD resolution, yet.   Anyone else seeing this? "
Confirmed on my end with the latest WUoTANG (Cloak&Daggers).
#25 Posted by Sanj (2404 posts) -

I'm looking forward to seeing how the P4 ER looks in HD.