• 51 results
#1 Edited by CaptainCody (1518 posts) -

Curious as to whether or not I missed something cause I don't see any threads bringing this up. I'm unsure of if the robbery is still affecting their situation.

#2 Edited by KillerClaw (68 posts) -

Nevermind

#3 Edited by dougbrit2 (56 posts) -

Wondering that myself, will keep an eye on the chat in a tab.

EDIT: and there it is.... :-)

#4 Posted by Crono11 (1651 posts) -

It is happening but you should probably watch it on their twitch page since the site keeps going down.

#5 Edited by Decoy (1 posts) -

am I missing something? there twitch says it is offline for me and i can't find it on the site.

#7 Posted by spraynardtatum (3473 posts) -

@crono11: what is the twitch page? Do you have a link please?

#8 Edited by CaptainCody (1518 posts) -
#9 Edited by Oldirtybearon (4863 posts) -

@decoy said:

am I missing something? there twitch says it is offline for me and i can't find it on the site.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post.

@spraynardtatum

giantbomb twitch page is www.twitch.tv/giantbomb and I wouldn't be surprised if Giant Bomb cancels tonight's stream as well.

#10 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@spraynardtatum: It's not live yet

also twitch.tv/giantbomb it will start automatically once they go live

#11 Posted by Zeik (2652 posts) -

@oldirtybearon: Unless something goes horribly horribly wrong again I doubt they'll cancel. They're starting early enough that they have a decent amount of time to postpone if necessary.

#12 Edited by Vorhenze (102 posts) -

Live.

#13 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4698 posts) -

We got bombing beats for now.

#14 Edited by JustinNotJason (422 posts) -

I forgot twitch was on in a background tab and that music scared the shit out of me.

#15 Edited by Trilogy (2681 posts) -
#16 Posted by spraynardtatum (3473 posts) -
#17 Posted by Ryleknuckles (49 posts) -

i know its up and its running like shit for me. I really dont like paying for a service thats hit or miss like this. I love you guys but I could just watch the gamespot footage for free for better coverage/

#18 Posted by TheTofu (9 posts) -

If you're getting lag and other such things blame twitch, they have known bad routing that will shit all over your connection when trying to watch a stream. The stream's running fine for me.

#19 Edited by CaptainCody (1518 posts) -

Is anyone else not seeing chat?

#20 Edited by ImmortalSaiyan (4698 posts) -

Is anyone else not seeing chat?

No twitch chat for me either.

#21 Posted by Ryleknuckles (49 posts) -

I'm on the east coast and have a good connection. I stay up way too late to hear this and not get a decent (if any) stream. i still cant find a watchable one. Like i said, i love these guys.....im just feeling let down.

#22 Posted by TheTofu (9 posts) -

@ryleknuckles: Doesn't matter if you have a good connection, a bad route to the twitch server will make things go poop. Just google "TWC Twitch.tv" and read up on what's going on(there's a good number of people on other ISPs with issues, TWC just has the most)

#23 Edited by TruthTellah (9387 posts) -

So, is it happening? I still can't find a working stream of it.

Edit: Okay, now I am getting it. How long has the actual stream been going on?

#24 Posted by Ryleknuckles (49 posts) -

@thetofu: Thanks for the reply. I'm not the type to pay for a service like this so I'm just a little pissed. I understand it's out of their control.

#25 Posted by Ryleknuckles (49 posts) -

If i'm paying for a service I shouldn't have to jump thru a bunch of hoops to get it. Still no stream. I guess it's just me.

#26 Posted by TruthTellah (9387 posts) -

@ryleknuckles: Yeah, they're still working out things after -everything- changed last night. But all the streams they do, whether you see them live or not, will be archived. So, you'll get to see them even if you're having issues tonight.

#27 Edited by TruthTellah (9387 posts) -
#28 Posted by ShaggE (6622 posts) -

If i'm paying for a service I shouldn't have to jump thru a bunch of hoops to get it. Still no stream. I guess it's just me.

You're not paying for Twitch, you're paying for Giant Bomb. Would you blame GB if a video on their Youtube page craps out?

#29 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

The bigger question is, why is Jeff lying on that bed in the background?

#30 Edited by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

Does anyone know if the audio recording will be up tomorrow? Would love to have it on my way to work :)

#31 Edited by TheTofu (9 posts) -

@ryleknuckles: Yeah, I definitely feel you, I felt that way when pretty much any stream I watched had issues with lag and whatnot(which doesn't seem to be happening anymore?).

Honestly, I was a little surprised when I first saw that GB is still using something like twitch instead of having their own servers to stream from, considering they're backed by CBS.(But then again gamespot's using twitch too so I don't know)

#32 Edited by EVO (3929 posts) -

Is Jeff wasted?

#33 Posted by MOAB (426 posts) -

i have like 1,000,000 mb/s and 240p is the only one that's not stuttering. i've adapted...

#34 Posted by KentonClay (257 posts) -

That guy in blue isn't shitting on Microsoft hard enough. We, the stupid gamer demographic, hate him!

#35 Posted by cthomer5000 (844 posts) -

I'm rocking hard at 720p but chat is broken. Scared to touch anything.

Temkin did a great job raising the point that most dudes AT THE TABLE aren't cable TV subscribers. I think MS may have mad a grave miscalculation on TV integration.

#36 Edited by cthomer5000 (844 posts) -

@evo said:

Is Jeff wasted?

I think he's just exhausted. He talked on the drive up how he doesn't really drink at E3 any more. And i am sure those guys lost a lot of sleep last night after what happened. Shit, i randomly woke up at 5AM, checked the site, and then *i* lost like 45 minutes of sleep reading and thinking about what had happened.

#37 Posted by MOAB (426 posts) -

@thetofu said:

@ryleknuckles: Doesn't matter if you have a good connection, a bad route to the twitch server will make things go poop. Just google "TWC Twitch.tv" and read up on what's going on(there's a good number of people on other ISPs with issues, TWC just has the most)

i have comcast and every other stream at 720+ is fine. i am confuse.

#38 Edited by MOAB (426 posts) -

all good now :3

#39 Edited by cthomer5000 (844 posts) -

lol. fartpatrol.com forwards to polygon

#40 Posted by EVO (3929 posts) -

@evo said:

Is Jeff wasted?

I think he's just exhausted. He talked on the drive up how he doesn't really drink at E3 any more. And i am sure those guys lost a lot of sleep last night after what happened. Shit, i randomly woke up at 5AM, checked the site, and then *i* lost like 45 minutes of sleep reading and thinking about what had happened.

Fair enough. But when he got up to adjust that painting I thought for sure he was wasted.

#41 Posted by slindz (147 posts) -

Do they normally archive the video on the site afterwards?

#42 Edited by Buzk (16 posts) -
#43 Posted by Nodima (1273 posts) -

Hopefully the downloadable archives go up soon, I fell asleep during the intermission and whenever I try to skip to 1:56:00 on the Twitch video it loads the image of the crew at the table and then just sits there forever, or chops every 2-3 seconds. No bueno, guess you can't skip around safely on Twitch.

#44 Posted by berghi (21 posts) -

So the archived broadcast is no longer available to be viewed? Any thoughts as to why that might be?

#45 Posted by KarlPilkington (2769 posts) -
#46 Posted by alternate (2719 posts) -
#47 Edited by berghi (21 posts) -
#48 Edited by slindz (147 posts) -

@buzk: Shit didn't even think about Twitch's archive. Thanks!

#49 Edited by The_Nubster (2315 posts) -

Can someone elaborate a little on the robbery? I keep seeing it said, but I don't know when it happened, what was taken, or really any details.

#50 Edited by Baal_Sagoth (1278 posts) -

@the_nubster: I think this is everything we definitely know aside from some of Jeff's talk in the press conference impressions. Maybe some references on twitter but I haven't looked too closely.