#1 Posted by Firefly (25 posts) -

Hey Duders,

I must be going blind, but I couldn't find anything on Halo 5 in the news on our beloved website. Did I miss it or is there nothing to report on?

#2 Posted by SomeJerk (3251 posts) -

The only thing in the clear is that it's due (99% likely, fall, Q4) 2015 and more information is coming at E3, unless MS suffer more leaks.

You can definitely expect something like a beta code coming with the Halo collection, possibly only the CE of it.

#3 Posted by SoulCane (5 posts) -

l'm looking forward to Destiny but Halo 5, not sure where the news is.

#4 Edited by Chaser324 (6552 posts) -

Giant Bomb has never been in the business of reporting on every single news story (at least not formally - most items of any significance at all will at least be touched on in the Bombcast and/or Bombin' the AM).

I don't think there was really enough meat on the bone with this Halo 5 news to prompt anything. It's just a title and a vague release date that's over a year away for a game that's a known quantity that has already been teased at last year's E3. I'm pretty confident there will be plenty more Halo news to report on in a few weeks at this year's E3.

#5 Posted by EXTomar (4738 posts) -

I actually like GB tends to pass on speculative/rumor stories.

#6 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (5064 posts) -

they dont really bother with it if it does not have a trailer.

#7 Posted by mosespippy (4186 posts) -

GB doesn't really bother with product announcements, especially if there isn't video available. The practice of turning a press release into a two paragraph piece of "news" is very boring. If everything you need to know can fit in a headline then it's not worth writing an article about it.

#8 Posted by Firefly (25 posts) -

Thx for the input. Halo must be losing its mojo. I remember a time when everybody freaked out when they saw the letter "H" . But you´re right, there´s no real news besides the obvious fact that something is in production atm.

P.s.: I love cats

#9 Posted by thatdutchguy (1273 posts) -

@firefly: I love cats too brah , High Five.

#10 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

@extomar said:

I actually like GB tends to pass on speculative/rumor stories.

This isn't speculation. The press release about the game went up on the Xbox site. But yeah, Giant Bomb is not a straight news site, there are plenty of other outlets out there already doing that.