#1 Edited by Aegon (5842 posts) -

That was perhaps the best gaming conference I've ever seen. It was about games, POWER and cool features. Every time the developers were about to be named, I was waiting for someone like Nomura or Ueda, but no. Not even a teaser at the end. So what's happening? Do you think both games are dead? Somehow I still don't, but if nothing is shown after E3...at least one of them has to be done.

Also, what was with the Kingdom Hearts teaser on Gametrailers before the live event? Spring 2013 date flashed, but not a mention during the square segment?

Edit: I found out that the KH teaser was just for a video feature that GT is going to do on the games.

#2 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

All of those sound like TGS games.

#3 Posted by Animasta (14727 posts) -

yeah because they'd totally announce THOSE here first.

#4 Posted by Grimluck343 (1160 posts) -
#5 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

I'm not convinced versus XIII is still a game and The Last Guardian seems to be in a state of development hell. Kingdom Hearts will probably be seen elsewhere.

#6 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I can't imagine them announcing a new Kingdom Hearts at that event. Final Fantasy and Last Guardian sure, but KH at a console reveal in the US? Don't be crazy.

#7 Posted by mrcraggle (1979 posts) -

I just don't think it's the event you use to show those games off. This was all about the PS4 and it's future. For all we know, these games are still in development for the PS3.

#8 Posted by Aegon (5842 posts) -

@animasta said:

yeah because they'd totally announce THOSE here first.

Announce? They were announced years ago and then left out to dry. And when it comes to KH, they showed a teaser right before the conference and didn't follow through with anything else afterwards.

#9 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

There will be a Japanese event too, there has to be, this was a conference for western gamers, they were advertising this stream during Champions League games.

#10 Posted by Aegon (5842 posts) -

There will be a Japanese event too, there has to be, this was a conference for western gamers, they were advertising this stream during Champions League games.

But there's no official word if there'll be a Japanese counterpart for this conference any time soon?

#11 Posted by Marz (5672 posts) -

Think Versus XIII will be shown at E3, has to be from what that guy from Square Enix said at the PS4 conference... unless they are going to announce FF XIV again for the lulz.

#12 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

Getting the hardware specifics out of the way now leaves them more room to talk about games at E3. The only reason games were shown today was to say "this is what the system can do."

#13 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@aegon said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

But there's no official word if there'll be a Japanese counterpart for this conference any time soon?

There would have to be, I would bet money on it.

#14 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

I'm still hopeful for FFVS13.

#15 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2616 posts) -

What fantastical world you be living in son?

#16 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

i dont even know what the hell the last guardian even is. or why people care so much.

yeah ive seen the trailers and teasers. its a boy and a griffon thing. wtf? like, why is that something that always comes up?

i think i matured past the point where i'd ever care about final fantasy again. i mean i like some shit, i loved SR3. that game isn't that great but i LOVED IT. and its shit. its brilliant shit but its still shit. the kind of shit final fantasy shovels is so self serious. i dunno not my cake.

i hope a good final fantasy game comes out, i hear the new ones have been kinda crappy. fans of the series deserve a good one. i think they should go back to classical cheesy happy fantasy with it and clash it with some hardcore violence. like chocobo knights, and then the god damn chocobo gets decapitated by a dude with an axe. like fluffy cute chocobos too. i think the contrast would help.

#17 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (714 posts) -

i dont even know what the hell the last guardian even is. or why people care so much.

yeah ive seen the trailers and teasers. its a boy and a griffon thing. wtf? like, why is that something that always comes up?

i think i matured past the point where i'd ever care about final fantasy again. i mean i like some shit, i loved SR3. that game isn't that great but i LOVED IT. and its shit. its brilliant shit but its still shit. the kind of shit final fantasy shovels is so self serious. i dunno not my cake.

i hope a good final fantasy game comes out, i hear the new ones have been kinda crappy. fans of the series deserve a good one. i think they should go back to classical cheesy happy fantasy with it and clash it with some hardcore violence. like chocobo knights, and then the god damn chocobo gets decapitated by a dude with an axe. like fluffy cute chocobos too. i think the contrast would help.

Yikes. The scary part is that I'm sure an absurd sentiment like this one is actually echoed elsewhere.

#18 Edited by AiurFlux (902 posts) -

Last Guardian is supposed to be a PS3 game, same with Versus. Seems stupid to talk about them at a PS4 conference. Last Guardian is probably going to suck, I hope it doesn't but it probably will. How can I tell? History. The vast majority of times that a game has been in development hell for years (GT5, DN:F, A:CM, etc) they've been massive disappointments that never live up to expectations. And when you're expected to follow and improve on Shadow of the Colossus, one of the best games ever made PERIOD, you are automatically setting yourself up for disappointment.

As for Versus, fuck Square. They want to keep pushing out the shitty Lightning story and they're ruining the series doing it. Square fucking stinks. A simple name change was all it took for them to go down the drain faster than my morning dump. That explains Kingdom Hearts too. Why put actual effort in when you can save on dev costs and shovel out something for the DS, Vita, or whatever the fuck else they can think of. Again I'll say it, fuck Square.

#19 Posted by BisonHero (7063 posts) -

I did note that this whole conference was lacking very much in the way of like...any demos of Japanese games whatsoever. All we got was like Ono's Capcom thing, and then that Square Enix who then showed that same Square Enix video from last year. It was like the least Japanese Playstation press conference to ever exist.

#20 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2417 posts) -

All three of those sound like TGS games. If not E3.

#21 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (659 posts) -

They might show them at E3.

Please.

#22 Edited by Pr1mus (3951 posts) -

The Last Guardian is a myth. Versus XIII too.

If they ever come out it won't be the same games that were originally announced.

#23 Edited by gogosox82 (424 posts) -

I'm still hopeful for Versus XIII but i've given up hope on the last guardian. If it ever comes out, it will probably just be mediocre instead of amazing like it should have been.

#24 Edited by TheHT (11802 posts) -

why is POWER in all caps?

#25 Edited by Aegon (5842 posts) -

@theht said:

why is POWER in all caps?

POWER!!!

#26 Edited by TheHT (11802 posts) -